Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Homemade Yam Cake

Few months ago, my first attempt on making Radish Cake was a success. So this week, I decided to make Yam Cake. Basically the concept is the same...you need to stir-fry the dried shrimp and meat first before putting into the batter (rice flour + water). But of course Radish Cake requires more preparation time due to the shredding process.

The ingredients: Dried Shrimps, Yam and Meat (Chic, Pork or Roast Pork)

Of course I got to thank my so called 'sifu' for teaching me how much water to put, and the texture came out perfect. Neither soft nor hard.

Before steamed; After steamed

For garnishing, I sprinked some 'choy bou' - pickled radish lightly stir-fried with 5-spice powder, fried shallots, sliced red chillies and chinese parsley.

End result: A very yummy yamcake!




No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online