Friday, January 12, 2007

6 to 10 Grill & Nasi Lemak

This is my 2nd visit to 6 to 10 Grill. Yeesshh!! I got it right this time!! I always thought it was called 9 to 5 Grill or 8 to 6 Grill. Few months back, this restaurant's nasi lemak was featured in a local food program called 'Ho Jiak'. Specialty was the Sambal Minced Pork which the two hosts of the program bragging on and on and on.

This restaurant is located on the ground floor of Happy Mansion Flats at Section 17
Sincerely speaking, I wasn't too keen on trying their nasi lemak at first.Personally I felt Nasi Lemak cooked by Chinese are of no way at par with the Malays (too much disappointing experience). Dunno what happened to me tonite, or blame it to my PMS, I ordered the Nasi Lemak with Sambal Cuttlefish and Sambal Minced Pork. Guess what?? It was really really GOOD!!!! The rice was aromatic and cooked to just the right texture. Not lumpy, not hard, just PERFECT! The sambal ikan bilis got the right spiciness and sweetness. Sambal cuttlefish was tasty too. What I like most was the Sambal Minced Pork and it's exactly like the dried shrimp belancan that I made. And the lime juice made it even more yummy and appetising. 2 Thumbs and 2 Toes UP!!

My Nasi Lemak(RM8.50)...yummy yummy yummy..will definately go back for more!

This place is also well-known for their economical western food. I tried the Grilled Ribs in Pineapple sauce during my first visit and it was quite good and be warned, it's quite big serving. Hubby decided to try their NZ Sirloin Steak with Brown Sauce. It was quite tender and chunky. And it's only RM16!!!!! Definitely worth it!!

8 comments:

Jackson said...

the nasi lemak with sambal sotong is alwiz my faavourite!!!

Pam said...

Sis,
mebbe we shud go there when we nex?hahahaha!!!

ok lar we shud try some other places. How about the bisque? hmmm... or... where arr? ok discuss soon...

Aiyoh...hungry tim... haahhahahaha!!!

MeiyeN said...

i passed by this rest when i went to food foundry! never know this place is so famous and serves pretty good and cheap food too.. will definitely try it out one day... :D

Precious Pea said...

Jackson: Yah, mine too! But given a choice, I would prefer squid more.

Pam: Can can, we can meet here for dinner.

Meiyen: Should try!! Their grilled lamb with red wine sauce is quite tasty too. Definately value for money.

Live2Talk said...

Err can provide map ah since the food look delicious? Me no PJ resident so difficult to find la :P

Precious Pea said...

Isn't it easier for me to bring you there? How to draw a map from Taman Melawati to Section 17 leh????

wmw said...

Ah, tried this place quite a while back but have not been there as have been going to Food Foundry. Time to try this place again (especially when Food Foundry has a new menu with increased prices! Chicken Cordon Bleu is missing amongst others!) Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Precious Pea said...

wmw, thanks for dropping by. 2 of my frens tried Food Foundry recently and it wasn't as good oledi. Probably change management i guess.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online