Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Beef Rendang

We were invited to a New Year's eve potluck dinner at one of Hubby's friend's place. The lady host specifically requested for my beef rendang which she tasted before when we invited her to our place for dinner. It has been a year since I last cooked this dish....and it always give me pressure when am cooking for huge crowd. Cos somehow someway, it won't taste as good as cooking for 3 people.

Some of the main ingredients for rendang: onions, garlics, galangal, lime leaves, lemongrass, grind chilli, kerisik and coconut milk
Of course, the beef too!!
Grinded onions, garlic, galangal, lemongrass, lime leaves, cumin and fennel powder in a pot
Add in grinded chilli paste and stir well
Pour in Coconut Milk
Add beef, salt and a bit of sugar and let it simmer for 2 hours
Tada....a very yummy beef rendang dish

Was it good?? Hehehe...whole pot finished...what you think?

6 comments:

pam said...

mmmmmmmmmmmfffffffftttttttt
BEEF rendang.....nyummmmm

Let's haf a potluck at your place.... I bring my stomach!!! kekekekek!!!!!

Precious Pea said...

Dat is not considered potluck lor...that's tummyluck party!! Wait la..when i move new house, i invite you over for rendang ok?

MeiyeN said...

wow, it looks so yummy... but unfortunately, i don't take beef :(

Precious Pea said...

Meiyen, can do chicken version. Ingredients the same, i think..hmm..let me ask my Malay colleague first.

cely said...

OMG, i wannnnnnn... i prefer mutton!!!

***praying hard that ivy jie will cook and invite me over ***

Live2Talk said...

I'm goin to try the chicken rendang version as my mom absolutely forbid me to cook or eat any beef @ home >:( but sure will not taste as good Ms Chef here

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online