Thursday, January 18, 2007

New Formosa Restaurant

It's All Girls Night Out again! Pam, May, Charmaine and I decided to have something different this time....Taiwanese food! Although I have been living in SS2 for more than 2 decades, it never cross my mind to try out this New Formosa Restaurant which serves authentic Taiwanese delicacies. Not until I read reviews from several bloggers on this place that I finally decided to try it out.

The restaurant is located on the same row as Sri Siam (SS2/24), additional perks is the ample parking spaces.


We were supposed to meet at 7.30 p.m. and May informed us she that she was attending a job interview and would be late by 15 minutes. So, we waited and waited....and WAITED. By 8.30 p.m, she finally told us to go ahead and order the food..as she is on the way. Ok..for your info, she reached at 9.00 p.m. May, you owe us a dinner if you get the job ok???

While waiting, we gobble the tidbits to soothe our growling tummy May,where are you???? Pam veli veli hungry oledi!

Yippeee!!Luckily they served the food real fast. This is what we ordered:

1) 3 cups chicken - A big disappointment as it came too dry. I can cook better than this. 2) Bamboo Prawns - Although this is not the best I ever tasted, but it's not too bad. This is my bowl of prawns with soup3) Stir-fry Asparagus with Lily Bulb, Gingko and Pumpkin. Weird combination but it's something new and actually quite tasty. 4) Butter Eel - I got to say this is the Star among the dishes. It's not oily at all and the eel is so tasty coated with the butter. Yum yum yum. So hungry until we wallop all the food within minutes!!!
Dessert time!!! I was really looking forward to try their Fried Yam Coated with Caramel (maltose). The first time I had this dish was during my uni days when my friend did it for supper. Oh gosh...it was really good and therefore, one of the reason of patronising this place was for this dish. First, the waiter brought a bowl of ice water. After coating the yams with maltose, the yams were then tranferred to the ice water to cool it down.

The end result

I find my friend's version was so much better. I think it would be better if the yams were cut smaller/thinner and not overly coated with maltose. I find it a bit hard to bite. A bit disappointed actually. Must go back to Melbourne and ask my fren to do it for me...hehe.

Total damage was RM111.22! Quite reasonable but the dishes were quite little. But extensive menu. Will definitely go back to try their beef tendon with hubby soon.

9 comments:

Pam said...

FULAMAK.... post lagi earli than me... haha!

aiyoooooooo I'm so 'famous' now ady... hahaaahh!!!not kiut pic there lar... sei mou...ahahahhaha!!!!

Was so funny us taking the pic whole night... good thing May n PY was patient. and then the staff there keep looking at us ...wondering these psycho people...never see food/menu before....lolx

Live2Talk said...

So when is our turn to try out all those foods after work eh my friend? I think we should go once a month la >:)

Precious Pea said...

Pam: They should thanked us for promoting for them FREE!

Nic: Good idea! Why not the week we get our salary??

MeiyeN said...

wow....da prawns look so good!!!!!! my saliva is dripping..... bring me along da next time u gals plan to go okay? :p

Precious Pea said...

Meiyen, Pam and I are very keen to go back again to try their szechuan hot and sour soup. Will let u know once we set a date and you are most welcome to join us.

wmw said...

Hi there! Finally got round to dropping by your blog. Good to see you dropping by my blog. Gosh! You're staying in SS2 too! Same area! I have not tried the dishes here for the longest time but did try the stonefire hot pot. Tasty, check out this post if you haven't read it yet.

http://ugwug.blogspot.com/2006/11/new-formosa-taiwan-restaurant-ss2.html

Precious Pea said...

WMW, you living in SS2 too?? Which part? Am near Jasmine Tower. Actually i read your post on New Formosa before i went to try it out. Hahaha.

wmw said...

Hee hee...then I'm quite near you, I stay at the "other" condo nearby!

YenYuJen said...

Hi there,
Thank you for your free publicity.
I'm trying to contact you since i saw your write-up but it failed.I asked Mei Yuan to contact you last Chinese New Year, but there came the person not you! May be I gave her your wrong name that why I indicate you "there".
I felt so sorry for inviting you so late, because I am too busy. I am so happy to see your photo accidentally. It's my privilege to invite you to come to try our new dishes for Spring Season's promotion. Please do contact me at 019 3353 274, o3 7875 1894/7478(restaurant).

Wish you "ALL THE BEST" in the future.

Best Regards,
Jeanie Lee
New Formosa Restaurant
Business Hours:12noon-2.30p.m,6p.m.-10.30p.m.
email:jeanieformosa@gmail.com, formosa@streamyx.com

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online