Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yummy Black Pomfret..my style!

Black pomfret....the first thing that came to my mind was the dish my mum used to cook with this fish, which is still my favourite dish of all time, and now becoming my hubby's too. I don't know if she invented the dish, but so far I have not seen any other people serving this dish the way she did.

First, clean the fish and use your knife to draw tic-tac-toe line on the fish's body. This enable the fish to cook faster and absorb the gravy too.
The only ingredients are Chilli Boh (grinded dried chillies), chopped ginger and garlic and most importantly, the sliced shallots. Use about 3 teaspoons of cooking oil, and stir fry garlic and ginger till aromatic before adding in chilli paste. Add in 1 bowl of water, let it boil and then put in salt, sugar and fish sauce to taste.
Once the gravy is boiling, put in the fish. Cook each side for about 5 minutes.
When the fish is cooked, pour in the sliced shallots and toss it gently for few seconds. Then scoop up the dish.
Tada...the end results. Oh yah...must remember to squeeze some lime juice on the fish. Bon Appetit!!

4 comments:

Hubby said...

Yes, I love the fish... esp the sauce as it goes very well with the rice. Maybe next time we try to pan-fry the fish first, only then sauted with the sauce. Should be nice as well.

Live2Talk said...

Err no fishy smell ah? Why whenever my mom cook the fishy smell is so strong until I can't eat the fish at all.

MeiyeN said...

wow........da sauce looks so yummy!!!!!:D

Precious Pea said...

Hubby: Ok, points taken and will improve further ok?

live2talk: Take the recipe and show your mum then...hahaha. Or you can cook for her.

meiyen: Thanks. The gravy really goes well with rice. Dat's why everytime i cook this dish, must boil more rice than usual.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online