Wednesday, February 07, 2007

McDonalds Red Bean Sundae

To welcome the Chinese New Year, McDonalds came up with this new dessert called Red Bean Sundae. Being a fan of red bean, my colleague and I went to try it out as soon as we heard about it. Unlike their chocolate and strawberry sundae, they are quite generous with the red bean as you can see from my photo below. The sundae was layered with red bean sauce, both bottom and top.


Quite nice, and very authentic...I find the idea was quite good and meaningful for the Chinese. However, the red beans were a little bit too hard. Hmm...maybe should suggest for them to make cendol sundae with lots of gula melaka for Deepavali??

9 comments:

kavitha said...

Hey fren... i love ur idea on the cendol sundae with lots of gula melaka..... yummy!!!!!!!!.....we should suggest to them...

Live2Talk said...

Why left me out ah? So bad never wait for me :( Next round on you ah?

Precious Pea said...

Kavi: Yah..let's write to them.

live2talk: You were happily holidaying that day while two of us stuck at work. In fact, you should treat us as consolation.

wmw said...

Eh, pic of sundae looks like strawberry wor. Mmm...must go and try red bean one.

Precious Pea said...

wmw: Yah..look a bit like strawberry. Today my colleague wanted to try but it was sold out. She asked the manager-on-duty when got stock, the manager replied "Ada ada-lor, tak ada tak ada-lor"!!

MeiyeN said...

it's unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( it was sold out on da 1st day and i'd been touring around and da answer still da same from all da outlets, FINISH!!!!! :(

Precious Pea said...

meiyen: Funny, how come they don't replenish their stock. Don't tell me they only cook one pot of red bean!

jason said...

I saw that too at Ipoh's 1st drive thru McD but didn't try it cos bored of the long queue. They also have the new Prosperity Beef Foldover.

malaysianfoodguide said...

I have tried it also,i like red bean very much...it is really yummy and taste better than the strawberry one...not too sweet...Red bean is abit hard but still ok for me.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online