Saturday, February 24, 2007

On the 6th Day of Chinese New Year

Not a special occasion, but I was requested to cook dinner since my dad, aunt and uncle headed up to Genting this morning and will only be back during dinnertime. I whipped up 3 dishes within half an hour...and I was really satisfied with my performance tonite from just looking at them wallop up my dish within seconds, okay, a bit exaggering, maybe within 5 minutes?

My aunt bought a red tilapia and initially I wanted to steam it 'Cheong Ching' style (taucu & chilli version) but I ran out of taucu. Luckily I stocked up lemongrass and ginger leaf in my freezer and so I decided to make Assam Sauce. All you got to do is to blend the lemongrass, ginger leaves, garlic, shallots...heat up in the wok with oil...then add in seasoning and tamarind juice. The Assam sauce turned out amazingly delicious!!!! Everyone praised that the sauce was really good *grinning proudly*
To prove that I am not self-praising or self-boasting of my creation, I took a picture of the plate as proof. My cousin actually finished off the remaining gravy on the plate after i took this picture.

My cousin requested for my Honey Soya Sauce Prawns but I was too lazy to deep-fried the prawns so I opted for an easier and healtier alternative which is also my all-time favourite, Steamed Prawns with Garlic and Shaoxing wine. It's a best way to enjoy the sweetness of the prawns.

My aunt also tar-bau roast pork from the market. The skin was still crunchy even though she bought it in the morning. Dipped in soya sauce...yummmzzz!!

Lastly, a veggie dish to balance our meal: Boiled Tung Ho (I have no idea what it is called in English). It's my favourite veggie whenever I have steamboat..slurps!

So happy that everyone enjoyed the meal, really worth my every sweat in the kitchen. Craving for frog porridge now..how how how? Tomorrow lunch maybe?

8 comments:

Jackson said...

wow..the assam sauce steam fish looks really good! I like to put a lot of ginger n garlic especailly when come to steam fish....hehe.... any chance to try it?

mama boK said...

Yums..!! recipes please..!!

Precious Pea said...

Jackson: Can, you come to SS2 to visit me then I will make.

mama bok: Sure, email it to you?

wmw said...

No taking photos while cooking this time? Your neighbour sure will be wondering again if you do. Ha ha ha...

Great dishes you have there!

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Ya lor, the assam fish looks REALLY yummy. The fish and rice oso enough already!

jason said...

Your Highness, you have amazing culinary skills there. ^^

boo_licious said...

Drooling over the assam fish and prawns - they look so good. So when's the party in SS2?

Precious Pea said...

wmw: Hehehe..no time for step by step cos got guests ma. After they think am crazy!

lyrical lemongrass: That's what everyone said too!

Jason: Thanks ;) Can tipu tipu a bit lor.

Boo: Hahaa...can can but then I have to warn beforehand, I got no quality control so hope you won't be too disappointed.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online