Friday, February 23, 2007

Seafood Hotpot (Minus da Pot)

After ransacking my fridge to see what ingredients I have, I found I still have boxes and boxes of seafood bought from Kuala Selangor about 3 weeks ago. Hmm...so I decided to cook seafood hotpot. Using the scallops and squids, I also added some Japanese tofu, sweet peas, black wood fungus and enoki mushrooms and onions. At first I wanted to cook this dish using claypot but due to the hassle of cleaning it after the meal, I decided to just use my wok, which doesn't take any much difference. I believes cooking in claypot is only nice if you use charcoal or woodfire...more authentic!

The ingredients....
For the sauce, I used oyster sauce, soya sauce, sugar, fish sauce and a dash of sesame oil. Shaoxing wine strongly recommended but I ran out of it...sigh!
Blanch the snowpea and wood fungus for about 1 minute
Pan-fried both sides of the japanese tofu till golden brown.
Heat the wok, dump in the onion and garlic, then put in the squids and scallops and stir fry about 30 seconds.
Pour in remaining ingredients and pour in the sauce and stir well.
Tada.....a very yummy plate of Seafood Hotpot (minus the pot)

5 comments:

Pam said...

mmMMMmmmmm... waaaa shud've gone over for din din last night... ehehehe!!!!!

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Who needs cookbooks when we have people like you! Some more, got step-by-step pics. Looks good. :-)

Precious Pea said...

Pam: This was not cooked last night..hehe..yesterday's dinner dad cooked...not nice! Hehe.

lyrical lemongrass: Aiyoo..blush blush..I also simply tembak only.

jason said...

Alamak! At first i tot it's steamboat you mean (pai seh....)

Melting Wok said...

ya, hit the right spot..sizzling japanese tofu ..aiyo, damn good, I love doing these too w/bunch of chinese mushrooms, so yummy :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online