Friday, April 13, 2007

Delicious by Ms Read - 3rd post

After being told that they only serve Steak after 6 p.m., off we went again to Delicious by Ms Read at 1Utama New Wing. I was told that they are relocating to Bangsar Village but not too sure when. Anyway....this time to avoid disappointment, we make sure that their Steak is available..and phew...it was available.

I simple love their salad; fresh and flavourful dressing! In fact, my aim is to try all salad in their menu, which I think almost half-way there. And our choice this time was the Grilled Seafood Salad with Mandarin (RM21.90) with grilled crunchy prawns and squids. As expected, romaine lettuce was super fresh, mandarin added some tangy flavour to it, prawns were succulent, squids were grilled to perfection and the sweet grilled capsicum goes really well when tossed together. I like it but Hubby still think their Thai Beef Salad and Pomelo Roast Duck Salad the best.


Since we loved the Pate from Max's Kitchen so much, our Makan Gang member recommended this.....Pate Plate (RM9.90). I was surprised that the serving was generous since it was less than RM10.

The top yellow layer was actually oil..yucks! But when you manage to breakthrough the layer of oil, you will find generous amount of pate. I was super happy and spread a huge chunk on the thinly sliced bread. Just as fast as I put it into my mouth, my expression changed as fast as well. Errmm...you see, I eat almost everything....everything except liver. So when i discovered i could accept Pate, I was so proud of myself. Somehow, Hubby suspected they are using chicken liver, hence the strong taste While Max was using Goose liver...so much more higher grade than chicken liver, well...that explains the big price gap. Turned out the only thing i like of this cup of pate was the layer of oil. We just couldn't accept the taste and so they cleared away our order exactly as shown in the picture below.

Ah-ha....DISH OF THE NIGHT.....the Air-Flown Grain-Fed Sirloin Steak (RM39.90) which we requested to be cooked Medium Rare. Served with Asparagus and Roast Potatoes, the whole plate tasted SUPERB!! The yellow sauce was really good too...still figuring out what it was, but believe me, this is a must try for steak lovers.

Ohh...blood oozing out from each bite. Fear not cos am not a vampire yet. Hahaha...but it's really tender and juicy. Yummy....

I was quite unhappy with the Pate and so I told Hubby that I want some dessert. I know I got to finish the dessert myself cos Hubby doesn't like sweet stuffs. The waitress recommended their Chocolate Brownies (RM9.90)...hmm..why not? The brownies was good....sinfully rich and full of almonds. Chocolate sauce all over with a vanilla ice cream on top of the warm brownies....oooo......so heavenly good. But i managed to finish half...cos it was so filling!

A great satisfying dinner indeed. I will be back Ms Read!!

16 comments:

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

You can't do this to me! The last time you blogged about Delicious, I went out immediately to eat the same items. I can't possibly do it everytime I read your blog! :-P Seriously tho, the steak looks damn good lar.

teckiee said...

*rahhhhh* Imagine cloudy days... sun ray shining thru the clouds.. angles flying ... the last pic is heavenly!

Precious Pea said...

lyrical lemongrass: Hahahaha! The solution to this, I guess, will be to eat at Delicious with you? Next item in my list would be their Grilled Lamb and also Duck! Psst...the steak was really G.O.O.D!

teckie: The chocolate really makes me floating in my own world. So sinfully rich er. Wonder how much weight i put on as a result of that piece of cake!! But who cares?

jason said...

The moment I saw the last pic, I asked my friend to go for an ice cream fix.... jeez :P~

No bugger this time, great! ^^

MeiyeN said...

i've always like da chocolate brownies @ delicious.....sinfully good!

boo_licious said...

I didn't know they served choc brownie in Delicious - always thought it was chocolate cake since it's frosted. The steak looks really good.

Pink Elle said...

Ew, that oil on the pate is quite gross! But the rest of the stuff makes up for it!

KampungboyCitygal said...

their brownies is heavenly..never try steak there..alwiz to the the old n boring lamb shank and duck confit..must be more adventorous like u

Jackson said...

i love their pomelo roasted duck salad!! But i dun really fancy their drinsk especially coffee drinks...but their food is nice!

Precious Pea said...

Jason: No bugger but the guy sitting next to our table kept eyeing on our steak!!!

meiyen: Yahyah...sinfully delicious.

boo: But personally I would prefer their chocolate cake than brownies as the cake is more moist.

pink elle: Trust me, the oil tastes so much better than the liver part.

kampungboycitygirl: I want to try everything cos so far (except pate), everything they serve is great! Yumyum..lamb is my next target!

Jackson: Never tried coffee but generally i find their beverages overpriced. Might as well go for iced water and save the money and tummy space for dessert.

Live2Talk said...

Err the oily thingy doesn't look very appetizing la :( But thanks to u, I now know what to order when I go to Delicious! The last time I asked the restaurant manager, he said by May they'll move to Bangsar Village.

Precious Pea said...

live2talk: I still need someone to share dessert with me lor...:(

babe_kl said...

arrghh u mean they're closing the one at 1U???

btw the layer of oil over pate is to keep the pate fresh for a longer period, plus keep in the moisture as well.

allice said...

Hi ! For your information , Delicious @ 1 Utama will remain. Delicious @ Bangsar Village (old wing)will be relocated to Bangsar Village II wef 25th April 2007. And , the good news is that they are coming out with a new menu! Be on a look out , there's more to come!

Precious Pea said...

babe_kl: I see, so that layer of oil not meant to be eaten is it?

allice: Thanks for the info. I was a bit sad cos i though the 1Utama outlet will be closed. Great, new menu but i hope all the salad will still be there.

Honey Star said...

OH WOW!! another new menu?!!! I cant wait! :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online