Tuesday, May 01, 2007

FOOD CRAWL WITH JASON

Jason of Ipoh Mali Talak Sombong came all the way from Ipoh to attend the Food Bloggers' Gathering at Sandias last Friday and so Lyrical Lemongrass, WMW and myself brought Jason out for a food crawl the next day. After we went through his wishlist (food to eat when he is in KL), we drew up an itinerary for the day. We were supposed to depart from SS2 at 11.30 a.m. but guess what? Jason overslept!!

The itinerary started off with Pea & Pumpkin session. Lyrical Lemongrass was Ohhh Ahhh over Pumpkin and she managed to snap a few great photos of my 2 doggies. Sorry Lemongrass, although you asked a few times if you could have Pumpkin, the answer is a big NO!
After taken enuff photos of my two brats, we headed to Kin Kin Restaurant for its famous pan mee served with poached egg. Located at No.40 Ground Floor of Jalan Dewan Sultan Sulaiman 1, at the back of Honda Showroom at the Chow Kit area, this place was so crowded when we reached and it took more than 25 mins before our food was served and another 10 mins of photography session before we can devour the yummy looking bowl of noodle.

Beware of imitation as we spotted another pan mee shop just opposite the road, bearing the same yellow signboard.
This is Jason's bowl of Pan Mee, took a photo of his bowl since the egg is so much nicer as compared to mine.

Ah-Ha...a fiery tub of chilli paste....add sparingly to your noodle and toss toss toss. Attack once tossed!! Pheww...hot hot hot. My tummy was burning hot after this meal. Lemongrass was basically in tears throughout the meal. Lemongrass, i know it's good but you don't need to cry ok? We can always bring you here again. Good girl yah?
To soothe my burning tongue, a bowl of clear soup with bits of egg and potato leaves was given complimentary.

After a very satisfying bowl of pan mee, next item on the itinerary was the famous Sarawak Laksa served at a stall in Nam Chuan Restaurant, Bangsar. This place brought back some good memories as my aunt used to stay at the flat above TMC, thus I have been to this restaurant for numerous time.

Anyway, back to the Sarawak laksa...Lemongrass was recuperating from the spicy pan mee, Jason had a bowl while WMW and I shared a bowl. Hehe....not bad cos I had all the prawns from two bowls since they don't like it. The Sarawak Laksa was served with sliced omelette, shredded chicken, prawns and taugeh in mild creamy curry soup. Tasted pretty mild for me as I would prefer my laksa with cockles, tauhu-pok and steamed chicken the best.

We also ordered the Hakka Abacus Seed from the same stall. Quite flavourful I must say but definately a must-share item as I think it would be too jelak for one to savour the whole plate.

Nigel of Just Heavenly came to join us much later. We were happy to know that he ordered something different, that means that we have one more extra item to post. When his Char Kuey Teow arrived, Nigel hinted that when he take photo of food, he always limit himself to one shot. But knowing us, we always take few shots of each angle so that we could choose the best to post. Anyway...message received and thus I only snap 5 photos of his Char Kuey Teow.

After the 2nd round of lunch...we were way to full to proceed to our last destination for dessert. Lyrical Lemongrass suggested or rather 'decided' to attend Kenny Mah's Reading session which was held at Seksan in Bangsar. Pretty interesting since this is my first time attending such function, and this certainly excites wmw as she couldn't stop singing about food after she heard Jerome Krugen recited his poem through singing.

Kenny Mah, the literature blogger...

Our last destination was Bakerzin at Bangsar Village. Aiyoo...pages and pages of desserts...and all look so good. Finally decided to have a selection of 7 dessert tapas. Once again, cameras all out from bags when dessert arrived. Snap snap snap. Jason looking so serious!!

Initially we passed around the plate among each of us to take some photos but suddenly Lemongrass took a picture of each and every cup...GOODNESS!!! What the heck, since she is doing it, we started passing around each and every cup for more photos. Hahaha...by the time we finished, the ice-cream melted!!

Chocolate & Caramel Ice-cream with hazelnut rice crisps Caramel Panna CottaGinger Jelly with Lychee Concasse Raspberry Panna Cotta
Floating Island
Creme Brulee
Creme Camomile

The desserts completed our food-crawl and I certainly enjoyed the day and I hope Jason enjoyed it too.

17 comments:

boo_licious said...

Cool! I can imagine the picture taking sessions just like a group of Japanese tourists. Am glad Jason got to try his wishlist but I thought you owed his Sago Lo Lo?

tigerfish said...

Wow, what a feast. Told lyrical lemongrass I like the pan-mian, because of that egg. Since it's the same food, I have to say the same thing :D
Long long long time since I've eaten pan-mian.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wah..the dessert looks sumptious!..i can imagine all the ice cream melting with all the flashes..can i have pumpkin also?? hahaha

Precious Pea said...

Boo: Still owe him lo-lo..somehow it was not in his wishlist so i guess that can wait. But make sure you join us at next food crawl.

Tigerfish: Mm..i like the yolk all mixed with the noodle. So yummy!!

Constant Craver: Hahaha..you simply adore Pumpkin, don't you? Wanna dog-sit for me when i go holiday?

wmw said...

What a day it was! Food,Fun and Friendship! ;o)

Xiu Long Bao said...

Nice dessert!!! Do u think char siew bao n me can finis all 7?

KampungboyCitygal said...

what a feast! jason's parents will be like " ah zai, u just went down 2 days and it seems like u've gained some weight" heheh..i also want your terrorist pumpkin lar..but it's too dangerous to be handled haha..imagine the eyes popping and all..

Honey Star said...

Oh i love that pan mee place. can never get enuff of the chili!! U very evil, after reading your blog, now I have craving for it. :P

Jackson said...

fuyohh....i wan pan mee... so sad i couldn't join u guys that day.. can organised another one a?

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

wei, how come you're allowing Joe to babysit Pumpkin and I'm forbidden??!? lol.
Btw, sorry sorry sorry for not emailing you the names of the desserts ar.
And aren't you glad I "decided" to take u guys to the Readings?
I'm just glad I had the chance to go out with all of you! :-)

Precious Pea said...

wmw: I enjoyed your musical talent too.

xiu long bao: Am sure you both can finish 7 cos they are really tiny cups. You can choose 3 or 5 or 7 cups out of 12 selections. If worry cannot finish, just give me a call ;)

kampungboycitygal: Haha..his mum sure no need to worry when Jason come to KL to work, sure well-fed!!

honeystar: Since we are all enjoying 2 days break..quickly hop to KIN KIN tomorrow morning for breakfast ok?

jackson: Can can, you let us know when you are free ok?

lyrical lemongrass: Eh..remember that day i offered you to dog-sit pumpkin in msn?? Remember?

Kay said...

lol...thats what happens when you put together a group of foodie and photographer!

jason said...

Alamak... I became one of your blog's post! Hehe..
Actually I'm "crying" over the pan mee too although I just added 2 spoons of the chilli. Guess that my tolerance on chilli dropped >_< But I'm gonna have it again.. real soon :P
Aiyee... when you took my pic?? Didn't notice..

jason said...

Btw, I really think I gained weight when I'm back to Ipoh!!

Precious Pea said...

Kay: True true...it's easier to eat with frens, but family members normally doesn't have the patience to wait.

Jason: You put so much concentration in taking perfect shots, so i curi-curti snap lorr. Hahaha...and yeah, you are the star of the day!

Aiyer...with your weight, you can afford more food crawls lor!

babe_kl said...

by looking at the pot of chili, i can feel them burning inside my tum now :p i hope jason enjoyed his food crawl. wmw suggested to have crawl up in Ipoh and when she told him the long list, i think he nearly pengsan haha

Kenny Mah said...

Heh heh, kinda weird la, one litblogger in the middle of all the makan photos, but thanks for coming, dear. Really appreciated it.

Ya, count me in for the next food crawl too! :D

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online