Friday, May 18, 2007

Caffe 1920 @ 1Utama (Old Wing)

While we were window shopping at 1Utama a couple of weeks ago, Hubby suggested to stop for a drink. Caffe 1920 was right in front of us so we sat down and studied their menu. Stopping for a drink suddenly became a hearty meal for us. Ever since I started food blogging, weekend is a time for me to eat, eat and eat so that I snap, snap and snap in order for me to have something to post, post and post. And so, ended up with a huge collection of photos waiting to be published! Not to mention, am putting on weight like nobody's business...sniff sniff sniff!

Anyway, back to Caffe 1920. Hubby ordered their recommended lime juice with assam boi. Very sour indeed, a sip of it makes my whole forehand wrinkled like a shar pei and my already-very-small-eye became a thin as thread! Hubby love sour stuffs so no complain from him. I was very satisfied with my Pink Guava soda....refreshing and level of sweetness was just perfect!

I managed to coax Hubby to order the Lamb Chop with Sausage and Fries/Rice. Quite a generous portion for only RM19.50. Not bad though...the gravy was flavourful and you can find lots of rosemary in it. But of course, no way it could beat Jack's Place and of course Max! Kitchen. Nevertheless, it's still a yummy plate of Lamb Chop at reasonable price.

I had the Caffe 1920 sandwich which was actually Beef Bacon, Tomatoes and Lettuces in Panini bread. Nothing special but I do felt healthy having something light.

Overall am quite satisfied with this place so wouldn't mind stopping by for a drink or a light meal again when am tired of shopping. Oh, do check out Mei Yen's post on this place too.

17 comments:

MeiyeN said...

ooo... how come that night we were there, everything so salty? :(

Xiu Long Bao said...

Aiks....Char siew bao said ever since dat i started food blogging, he put on weight drastically. Yarrr...blame me for dat...hmp!

Precious Pea said...

meiyen: Since it's a franchise, I believes all food are supplied by Central Kitchen. Probably the chef that day put in twice the salt.

xiu long bao: LOL! You ask meiyen, i sent her my wedding photo...and how I changed from then to now.

sc said...

pass by this place so many times, never thot of trying it though..reading your post, guess the food was pretty decent..

Precious Pea said...

sc: I didn't put much expectation to it so dat is why am quite happy with the food. You going for the nasi lemak session tomorrow rite? Hope to see you there.

Pink Elle said...

I like pink guava too :) Have heard that 1U has lots of nice eating places but I haven't been there in ages! I'll definitely keep your recommendations in mind though! :)

Hubby said...

I think I'd really put on a lot of weight since last 2 years!! Been changing my wardrobe, esp long pants, very frequently liao (ps. just bought 2 new pants recently).

So, I can understand char siew bao. But, its always fun eating out with wife... hahaha

Precious Pea said...

pink elle: Oh yes...lots of eateries but if you want western food, do try Jack's Place.

Precious Pea said...

My dear Hubby,

This shows that you are well-fed. Never mind la...since am also growing vertically on par as you. Love you even more for every extra inch you gain. Hahahaha.

Wifey

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wah whats this sa far cheong thing going on in the comment box..

dont mean to be rude..but having a sandwhich esp if its white bread and bacon isnt exactly healthy..

yes i m bcoming a health freak..but..i will try my best to wake up and drag my ass from cheras..to uptown..fingers crossed..

Xiu Long Bao said...

hehe...can send me ur wedding photo too? here is my email add: y_zing@yahoo.co.uk

tigerfish said...

How come you don't order the lamb chop for yourself and have to coax ur hubby to order it? Hahaha....must be want to eat lamb chops but feel guilty ordering that plate for yourself right? Like that you can have your healthy sandwich, and eat the lamb chop too mah, right?
(I also do that! -LOL!)

Precious Pea said...

COnstant Craver: Sa Far Cheong? NO la..where got?? Ermm..sandwich less oil and less calorie compared to ordering a plate of pasta merr.

xiu long bao: Hmmm..let me go dig for my cd again.

tigerfish: LOL! It's just that the lamb is a must order but since we also ordering another dish, i would prefer it to be my choice instead of Hubby!

Char Siew Bao said...

LoL...
I didnt notice i put on weight till my family n colleagues commented that i was "round"...

Heh Heh... but nothing beats enjoyin gud food with good company!
So to hell with my waistline :P

Adrian said...

Hi! Thank you for that post. I found your blog while I was doing research on live help and live support software.
I see you are enjoying your google blogger :) Well, I think it's great that Google are making such good products like Blogger here, but also Picasa and other Google Apps. They have a great impact on what happens in the internet. I also wanted to tell you that it would be awesome if you would find a little time to visit my web site, it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe you are looking for live chat solution for your web site? If yes, please try LIVECHAT Contact Center. Using this application will help you maximizing online conversion, increase sales and customer satisfaction. My company's offer contains also LIVECHAT Communicator - multiprotocol instant messenger for business use. You can contact all of your friends (who use different applications like MSN, ICQ, etc) with it, but also organize instant messenging network in company. 14-day trial versions of both applications are free and you can download them directly from the web site.

wmw said...

Food here is ok...Hey, I also want to see your wedding photo lar. So "yan ngoi", you and your hubby! :o)

Precious Pea said...

char siu bao: Sik Dak Si Fook (Eat is prosperity)!!

adrian: Thanks, will visit your website after this.

wmw: For you, no need softcopy ler..next time you dropby at my place, show you the whole album! But remind me cos it's collecting dust in the storeroom, hope can still find it. LOL!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online