Wednesday, May 02, 2007

JACK'S PLACE @ 1UTAMA

Isn't it great to have 2 days off during the weekdays? Well..Malaysians are enjoying Labour Day yesterday, and while Wesak also fell on the same day, we got today off too! Cool eh? Anyway, Hubby and I managed to grab two tickets to watch Spiderman 3 yesterday. Great seats too, only thing was we were surrounded by kids. Kinda made me sad...if only I can bring my nephew in Melbourne to this movie, am sure he would be super excited. I did called him after the movie and told him about it, he was asking me lots of questions with his cute Aussie slang such as "How was it? Was it good? You mean 2 spidermen? Red and Black?". Oh, by the way, he is only 4!

Enough about Spiderman now..haha...cos this post is not on itsy bitsy spider but Jack's Place. I treated Hubby to lunch at Jack's Place cos I knew he would love the steak serves here. Their set lunch really values for money, starting from only RM13.80++ with two choices (either fish/chicken or beef), the menu varies from Monday to Sunday. The set lunch comes with soup of the day which can be upgraded to Lobster Bisque by paying additional RM4 (which we did), a Main (Hubby choose NZ Sirloin Steak), a scoop of ice-cream and coffee/tea.

Lobster Bisque which came with tiny chunks of lobster meat! Slightly tasteless but fear not, a dash of salt and pepper...mmm...delicious!

Garlic bread is complimentary...loved it, cruncy on the outside soft on the inside.

Hubby's N.Z. Sirloin Steak....he loved it so much cos it's so tender and chunky!! Just look at the serving size, don't you think it's so worth it????

Tea and Ice-cream to finish off the meal....Hubby, can I err..have the ice-cream

Even their ala-carte is reasonably priced. Was tempted to order Venison with Crayfish which Meiyen recommended but portion seems big so I settled for Lamb Chop (RM29.50) instead. Funny though cos Lamb has been cut off from my diet for the past 6 years but after my visit to Max's Kitchen, am actually craving for lamb from time to time!! Ok now, my order came with 3 big juicy and succulent Lamb Chop, it was really really really DELICIOUS! Although i could simply whack all 3 pieces, I gave one piece to Hubby and he loved it too.

Hubby was really happy that I brought him to this place and said that he doesn't mind coming back again to try other items in their menu. Yippee! Venison with Crayfish will be my next target item.

Jack's Place is located at F346, 1st Floor Rainforest, 1 Utama Shopping Centre (New Wing)

18 comments:

KampungboyCitygal said...

yeah, price is very reasonable, food was great and service is attentive, wonder why the one utama outlet is always quiet?

jason said...

Reasonable leh! I don't think I can finish off 3 pieces of the lamb chop.

Kenny Mah said...

I've heard a lot of good things about Jack's Place. I guess it's one of the places where people talk about it but don't actually get round to going, kampungboycitygal.

I'm definitely giving them a try... anyone else game? ;)

Live2Talk said...

Is that our next happy hour place for May?

Xiu Long Bao said...

Nvr tried this place before but floggers seem to be pretty pleased wiv Jack's food. Btw, we just visited Victoria Station, char siew bao commented dat he won't pay it a second visit.

Precious Pea said...

kampungboycitygirl: Surprisingly both time i went, Jack's was super packed! It was so crowded until it took a while for the waiter to come take our order.

Jason: Big portion isn't it? Only complain was the boiled carrots and peas. I would prefer coleslaw.

kenny mah: Should go try it soon since it's just so nearby.

live2talk: Sure, why not?

Xiu Long Bao: We already gave up on Victoria Station years ago. Way too expensive and quality has dropped so much. Ship restaurant even worse.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

ship ok wat?..chinaman style steak..but must visit the bukit bintang 1..the 1 just b4 menara std chartered..

as for jacks place..been meaning to go there for wat seems ages..but nvr somehow got the chance just yet..faith la haha..this is not so game..any one game to go with me to eat in gohtong jaya?? the "far yuk" is damn out of this world..and the durian to wrap it all off..

Precious Pea said...

Constant Craver,

I went to their DU outlet and food was terrible. The steak came out "COLD" so we asked to reheat...so came back "TOUGH"!

Which shop in Gohtong Jaya...shall we arrange a food crawl to Genting then?

tigerfish said...

So lucky got holiday, don't have here:(

Used to go Jack's Place too for their set lunches. Very worth it - usually just $9-12 bucks for a set with soup, main and dessert. And their chops and steak are not too bad...for the price. :D

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Hmmm my house is so near (relatively!!), yet have never been to Jack's Place. Looks like I gotta try it soon. Btw, I saw Spiderman 3 too...but unlike you, I was surrounded by well behaved adults. hehe.

MW said...

Let's go floggers! Me likey lamb...

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

i cant remember the shop name..my natural instinct always gets me there..hahaha

yes mayb we can plan something..

Precious Pea said...

tigerfish: I thought the set lunch was for weekdays..turned out it's everyday! Oh yes...so worth it!

Lyrical lemongrass: Lucky you! When i saw the amount of kids in the cinema, i was like OMG!!!

mw: Count me in!!

Constant Craver: I heard there is also a shop in Gohtong Jaya very famous for its Patin fish.

team BSG said...

when spidey 4 comes along in 2 years hopefully u can watch it with a special kid in tow ! right ?

ms accounting said...

Don forget to count me in ok!!!

Precious Pea said...

team bsg: Special kid? You mean my Pumpkin? Let me check if doggies are allowed in cinema. ;)

ms accounting: No prob...why you not in office today?

Timothy said...

I've been to this place twice .. but I personally think the service is not very consistent. But I think that's quite a small issue considering the food is delicious. Nice shot ... love 'em.

jason said...

Precious Pea: Yeah, that's a large portion. Em... sometimes can go for a bit plain stuff like peas ma :D
I'm going for spidey action this sunday morning!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online