Friday, May 04, 2007

ONE NOODLE @ SS2

Mother-in-law was in town couple of weeks ago and not knowing where to bring her for dinner, Hubby suggested One Noodle at SS2. Although I have read several 'not-so-good' reviews about this place, my past dining experiences here were not too bad so I have no qualm of going back again.

Once seated, we were served with a small plate of picked japanese cucumbers which was really appetising; spicy and crunchy. I found out later that it was not complimentary, in fact they charged RM3 for a small plate. Not complaining though cos I would rather pay for this than normal salted peanuts usually served at restaurant.

We ordered two bowls of Szechuan Hot & Sour Soup (RM5.80 per bowl) which came with chunks of prawns and chicken meat, shredded carrots and mushrooms in starchy soup. Not bad but certainly not the best. I would prefer the version that comes with lots of shredded wood fungus and bamboo shoots.

We ordered a BBQ Combination of 3 (RM22) where you can choose any 3 items from either steamed/roasted/soya chicken, roasted/soya duck, BBQ pork and Roast Pork. We chose the Stewed Duck, Roast Pork and BBQ Pork. The duck was good but of course it won't stand a chance to compete with the stewed duck in PJ State! I find the BBQ Pork quite tasty while the roast pork skin was crunchy.

Can't remember which blog I visited and this dish was recommended, Stir-fry Shrimps and Scallops with Celery and Fried Crullers (RM13.80) which I think really worth it cos they gave generous amount of scallops and big shrimps. Quite tasty as I loves celery, shrimps were fresh and bouncy, scallops were sweet and succulent. Rather unique to have some crunchy crullers in the dish. Not bad not bad!

The Xiu Long Bao aka Shanghai Steamed Pork Dumpling (RM6) came in 4 pieces but mother-in-law took one before I snapped the picture. My fault cos I was too busy eating so I was a bit slow in taking my camera out from my bag AGAIN! Not bad, i like the xiu long bao here as compared to Dragon-i. Juicy and best dipped with black vinegar.

Hubby's favourite and must order Claypot Braised Beef with Radish (RM18). I suspect this dish is the reason Hubby suggested this place for dinner. During our last visit, they gave lots of beef tendon so I was a bit disappointed that I could hardly find any this time. Sigh.

Meat, meat and meat......to balance our diet, we ordered a plate of Hong Kong Choy Sum (RM8). Surprised me a little cos the choy sum was really crunchy and full of wok-hei. At RM8, it's the same price as most 'tai-chow' and the serving here is huge too.

For your information, after this dinner we walked over to the pet shop...and this is the night I first laid my eyes on Pumpkin, love at first sight. Yep, it's a Friday night and 2 days later, Pumpkin belongs to me. Expensive dinner or not?? Hahahahaha!

One Noodle is located at:
No. 66 & 68 Jalan SS2/67 (same row as KFC)

18 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

looks damn good..and seriously very cheap..scallops and prawns for RM14? haha but very expensive meal..i m sure pumpkin didnt cost just as much as a meal..

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we need to see more videos of the little rascal, Pumpkin. Please pretty please!!!


Aussie Tourist

Precious Pea said...

Joe: Pumpkin is priceless!!!!

Aussie Tourist: Hahaha...seems like Pumpkin got his own fan base now. OK ok..i will take more videos this weekend and post it up on Monday so please drop by next week ok?

Xiu Long Bao said...

:D LOL (at the missing xiu long bao)...so u were snapping pics in front of ur mother in law?

jason said...

The Stir-fry Shrimps and Scallops with Celery and Fried Crullers sounds fresh to me... I would like to omit the celery pls :P

Live2Talk said...

Err where's the noodle? I thought with a name like One Noodle their specialty should be noodles :O

Kenny Mah said...

Oh I must have passed that a dozen times and not dropped by! Eh, we both SS2 residents right? Should do makan together one of these days lah...

Precious Pea said...

Xiu Long Bao: My mum-in-law get used to me taking photos of food oledi. Same goes for my dad! Hahaha!

Jason: Celery is nice leh and good for health.

live2talk: Their noodle not too bad but then that night having rice so not appropriate to order noodle.

kenny: Yep, am also in SS2, i thought we supposed to meet for breakfast? Nasi lemak near BP?

wmw said...

When I want to grab a bite in SS2, I usually hop into One Noodle. Prices for the lai mian are reasonable as compared to Dragon I.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

next time i visit u, pls take me on an SS2 food trip, k. :-)

Precious Pea said...

My dear luscious sisters (wmw & lyrical lemongrass and boo)

Next foodcrawl in SS2, ok??

boo_licious said...

LOL! Been ages since I ate there but no problems as I remember the xiu long bao and la mian is pretty good.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Wooohooo!! Sure can! I'm not that familiar with SS2, so it'll be great if u can show us around. :-)

Precious Pea said...

Boo: Lyrical lemongrass told me you have given me a task to arrange our next luscious sisters foodcrawl...uhmm...must it be a place all of us never tried before?? Still scratching head la...somemore need to have cute guy like Mr Kim.

lyrical lemongrass: No prob at all, just let me know when you are free.

MeiyeN said...

i remember that da last time we came here, da noodles were quite bad, place was pretty dirty too, lotsa flies! but... your review may change my mind to re-visit this place :)

team BSG said...

wow u do have so many pet loves in your live ! So who is first ?
say f o o d !
&...V shall lo.. u !

Jackson said...

wow... looks like i hv another eatery place to visit when im in SS2

Precious Pea said...

meiyen: A lot of complaints when they newly opened but i guess now they have everything under control. I tried the noodle once, not bad.

team bsg: I L O V E M Y S E L F ! L O L!

Jackson: When you are in SS2, give me and WMW a call ok?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online