Monday, May 07, 2007

REVISITING MAX! KITCHEN

UPDATES!!! (1 June 2009)
Max has been relocated to:
Lot No. 32 Jalan Jati
Off Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel. No: 603 - 2142.9720
Opens daily from 11.00 a.m. till 11.00 p.m.
Please click here for details: Max. at iHaus
----------

I was really looking forward to last Saturday's dinner as Hubby said that he will bring me to Max! Kitchen for dinner. Our 1st visit to Max was absolutely a wonderful dining experience for us since that was the first time we tried wagyu beef cheek. Actually I already knew what I wanted to order and like I said earlier, I was really really looking forward to this dinner that I actually skipped lunch to make space!



As usual, to start off with the meal, freshly baked bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

For appetizer, we ordered the Scallops (RM35) which came with 4 gigantic-sized scallop which was pan-fried and drizzled with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and some sort of capsicum salsa. Very succulent indeed, I like it!!!!

A close-up of the scallops.....so yummy-looking isn't it?? Mmmm...still can taste it in my mouth now.

The waiter recommended us to their just-arrived-on-the-same-day Canadian Fresh Oysters priced at only RM4 each. We ordered 4 pieces; two to be eaten raw and two to be cheese-baked.

Best eaten raw with a dash of lemon juice, the oysters were really fresh, juicy and SWEET! Sigh..it reminds me the time when my brother-in-law bought 10 dozens of Tasmanian oysters when we were in Melbourne last December.

The cheese-baked version was not too bad too! But Hubby said that it's such a waste to cook it this way since the sweetness of the oysters were covered by the cheese. Kinda agree with him. If he said it earlier, I would have volunteer to have his serving too.

Hubby's dream to try the Wagyu Tenderloin, air-flown from Australia, finally realised. Priced at RM110, Hubby said this plate worth every cents paid. Served with a piece of goose liver, sauteed pea sprouts, polenta and mushroom gravy, every items were perfectly done!!! The beef was so tender and doesn't require much chewing. Almost like melting in my mouth! Ooohhh..sooooo heavenly good! Since it was so good...of course I would have to post more than 1 photo of this masterpiece.

Side view
Top view
Wagyu tenderloin cooked medium rare...ooo....beef juice drizzling out..

Lamb or duck? Lamb or duck? So difficult to make up my mind. I tried the lamb during last visit so I planned to have duck this time but somehow I still very tempted to have lamb again. In fact, I have not had any lamb for the past 6 years until I went to Max. Finally, Lamb won!! I had the Lamb Cutlets (RM50) which was served with a super yummy mint sauce. OOoo...it was sooo good. It was also served with pea sprouts and polenta and the mint sauce, just can't describe how good it was so I would recommend you to try it yourself.
Done medium-well, once again, the lamb was juicy and tender. Hubby, stop eyeing my plate ok?
Now, how did my 2 lamb rib-bones landed in Hubby's plate??

I happened to come across a post by FriedChillies on Restaurant Muar at Tengkat Tong Shin and what interest me was the Iced Cendol. Just a few walks away from Max!, we headed to the restaurant for dessert. It was so crowded, so I guess food must be good here. Felt a bit embarassed to walk in just for 2 bowls of iced cendol but then hey, still a paying customer rite? So I braved myself to walk in and asked the lady boss if they could served us with only 2 bowls of cendol..hehehe...yeah, the lady boss was rather surprised and said "Of course, which table?"

Served in a small plastic rice bowl, it was heavily laden with gula melaka and thick santan. VELI VELI SWEET!!!! Too sweet for my likings but the only thing I like about the cendol was the finely shaved ice. Hubby didn't like it cos too sweet so I volunteered myself, it's very bad to waste food you know!?!? Priced at RM1 per bowl, what more to ask for??? Will definately come back to try their dishes, well provided I can resist from walking into Max! Kitchen.
Very finely shaved ice with cendol and red beans

Ermm...Ahem...Hubby, are we gonna celebrate our 'First-Time-We-Met" anniversary next month?? Can do it at Max! Kitchen?

32 comments:

Biby Cletus said...

Nice post, its a really cool blog that you have here, keep up the good work, will be back.

Warm Regards

Biby Cletus - Blog

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Hmmm. Now I'm really upset. Been wanting to go to Max's for so long already. Boo??!?! FBB??!?!? We hafta go lar. Precious Pea's post is making me hungry hungry hungry!

jason said...

You made my dinner tastes bland leh, you know??? *sobs*
Must go for some fine western fare soon!

LL: Aiyee... you read this at this time, of course you'll be hungry!

k.t.x said...

at times, i think i m abit too much. i m a guy who wants quality and quantity.....but looking at max's, it's quality alrite..but quantity....errr...LOL.

emm, will find a day to savor max.

Precious Pea said...

biby cletus: Am so flattered with your kind comments. Thanks for visiting my blog and hope you will continue to do so. Will hop over to yours in a minute.

lyrical lemongrass: Hehehe..bring Bald Eagle there for a romantic Sunday dinner. Am sure he will love the food there.

Jason: Next time you bring your dinner and eat in front of the pc while looking at yummy picture. See whether it works or not.

k.t.x: Oh yes..definately great quality...haha..it's a fine dining cuisine so don't expect big serving. But we were really full so our plan for Beef Noodle after Max was spoilt.

wmw said...

Wah, candlelight, oh, more like camera flashlight dinner!? Hee hee...so romantic. When are we are going ah? Boo, FBB, LLemongrass, count me in!

k.t.x said...

u shud not hv beef noodle after such nice cuisine!!!!! gosh!!!

FoodieLianne said...

damn jealous, damn jealous .. everytime you walk into Max ah, you get to eat all the best food and we mortals here, salivate until keyboard wet :-( very bad lah you hehehe

Precious Pea said...

wmw: You must try soon, food very nice. Eh, boo, fbb and ll, I wanna follow also ok?

k.t.x: Haahaa...dat's what we did during our last visit to Max! Ate half way, went to Ngau Kee for beef noodle then walk back to Max for wine and dessert!

foodielianne: LOL!! Can't help myself..food so good. Our aim is to try every single item in the menu...and I think we are almost there. Only left a few fish dishes and the duck!

Xiu Long Bao said...

All time chendol craver here, somemore only RM1??? *Drool drool*

I tot u r recovering from the sek yuen feast...haha...now revisiting max again! Btw, did max gave u discounts since u two noe him rite?

Tummythoz said...

I've learnt my lesson well:- Max not opened on Sundays.
Finally I went during our King's Coronation holiday. Max saw I was taking pix & came over to say 'hi!'. Told me that I must visit Precious Pea's blog!

Precious Pea said...

Xiu Long Bao: That bowl very very small only...smaller than normal rice bowl. If you want to try, remember to ask for 'kurang manis'. As for Sek Yuen, I recovered the next day oledi. HAHAAHAHA!

Tummythoz: Oh yes, closed on Sundays. We went once on Sunday and ended up at El Cerdo to have a piggie feast. Hahaha..wow..am advertising for him and he is doing the same for me. Must thank him when i see him. LOL! Did you tell him you know me too?

Precious Pea said...

Tummythoz: By the way, where is your review on Max? You have not been updating your blog leh.

MeiyeN said...

sobzzz..... i still have no chance to visit this place! they should really open on sunday!!!!! :(

tankiasu said...

Grr...must save more $$$.

Precious Pea said...

meiyen: He got 2 girls so i guess Sunday is family day for him.

tankiasu: Hehehe...you go buy a piggy bank, each day put in RM5...when have enuff money, go whack like mad.

Pink Elle said...

Gosh Max's sounds great! Does he have a fixed menu or is it based on what he recommends?

Tummythoz said...

Ya-lor. Weather really bad. PC also konked. =(
I was there before our Sandias meet, so I did mention that we'll be meeting soon. However come Fri, I totally forgot about it. Too nervous-qua.
Meiyen, I did convey the same sentiment to him ie. why not open on Sundays. He said no as it's his family day and also his outing day with his very own makan gang.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

lamb!! wagyu!! aiyoyo..wan to go bak again..luved the scallops.but that time we had it with the shell..the oysters r reasonably priced..i also want to do review!

Precious Pea said...

pink elle: Max's menu is only 1 page which includes everything from appetizers to mains to desserts. But i believes there are some which are not included, for example wagyu tenderloin, yabby and oyster are not in the menu but do ask cos i believes it's seasonal.

Tummythoz: Really hope to see your post soon on Max! Wanna see what goodies you had. Hehehe.

joe: I dunno whether it he got the oyster all the time cos the other nite, the waiter recommended cos it was really fresh.

jason said...

Precious Pea: Ahh... I will lick the screen instead, I guess. Wuakakkaka...~~

boo_licious said...

Yum! I've eaten the tenderloin before but not the wagyu one which was so good. Oysters sound so good. Sorry Lemongrass - must go makan it soon but just have been so busy with other things. Will have to schedule soon and yup, Max does not open on Sunday.

tankiasu said...

For now I would go eat that RM1 chendol every single day to save enuf money for Max's!

Precious Pea said...

Jason: Eewww....your monitor must be so slimy. Yuckss!!!! EEEEEyerrr!!!

boo: You should try the wagyu tenderloin and compare with the normal one. Aiyoo...wanna go back for the fish and the duck.

tankiasu: Aiyoo...no la no la. You save the RM1 and go into the piggy bank and you will end up in Max faster.

girl_girl said...

hi....girl_girl here... the lamb looks so good. i think i really have to give it a try when i go to kl.. :)

Precious Pea said...

girl_girl: But remember Max closed on Sunday yah.

girl_girl said...

ok... :) thanks for the remind. oo0..btw i've just start a blog n hopefully u can pay a visit there but i dunno whether it's ok or not..just give me some comment if it's not good ... :)

MeltingWok said...

oh god, I'm weak on my knees..cendol :P

Precious Pea said...

girl_girl: Hey, not too bad to start off with. Keep up the good work ok?

meltingwok: Hahaha...seems like many people are fans of cendol. I like it with pulut...super sedap!

Jackson said...

Wahlau.. the food looks so good especially the scallop! I must start to save my money from today onwards and by the time after a month, i think i can go and SAPU their food!~

Precious Pea said...

Jackson, do try Max soon, especially the lamb. Sniff sniff..wanna go again soon also.

pam said...

i'll have to agree with precious pea....precious pea shud really try the tuna appetizer also...it is heaven !!!...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online