Thursday, June 14, 2007

HOMEMADE FROZEN MANGO SMOOTHIE

My sister's friend, Sis Lisa got me this Smoothie Machine as my wedding gift three years ago. Poor sis, she carried this huge box back all the way from Melbourne and I think I used it for not more than 3 times. Well..am simply too lazy to unpack and then pack it back after used...so it now got its own permanent space in the storeroom.
Hubby brought home one big bag of mangoes one day. The colour was bright yellow-orangey and I thought it would be sweet. Well..don't judge a mango by its skin. I can barely open my eyes when I took one big bite. Not knowing what to do with it, I packed it in the container and chucked it into my freezer. My plan? Hehehe...Frozen Mango Smoothie.

Ingredients: Frozen Mangoes, Milk, Honey and Vitagen LB Flavoured (not in picture). You don't have to put in Manuka Honey cos it's way too pricey for such drink but since I ran out of the cheaper version, I got no choice but to use the Manuka Honey, bought from New Zealand by my buddy Ann who is living in Melbourne. Thanks Ann, please don't scold me for using/wasting the honey this way.

I wanted to make something like a cross between smoothie and ice-blended, and since the mangoes are not sweet, I do not want to add in ice-cubes to dilute the taste. That is why I freeze the mangoes so that it substitute the ice. Put everything into the smoothie machine and blend. There are 3 buttons, 0 is to stop, 1 is to blend and 2 is to smoothen the blended ingredients. Not too sure about the P button on the left, let me dig out the instruction book and check, provided if the booklet is still in the box.

When it's almost done, I poured in 1 bottle of LB flavoured Vitagen to enhance the taste. See how smooth the smoothie was...yumzzz!

Perhaps next time I should put in yoghurt instead of milk...wahh..Mango Lassi! Thanks again Sis Lisa for the wonderful gift. Will try to use more often in future especially I intend to display it out permanently in my new kitchen.

Cheers!

20 comments:

babe_kl said...

i always wondered if this machine does give a smooth blend... looks like it does! thanks pea for this post. look so yummy and creamy!

UnkaLeong said...

Looks delicious! Open Stall? :P

boo_licious said...

Yum yum, yeah, this has to be the drink u make when you have yr hse warming party. I usually get yoghurt from the Indian shop and make it with mangoes so it tastes like the lassi they serve in the restaurants.

Pink Elle said...

Wah looks good! The vitagen is an interesting addition. I think I shall try making mine with that for a change!

Precious Pea said...

babe_kl: Guaranteed SMOOTH.

unkaleong: Sure, you supply me with Thai mangoes?

boo: Good idea but pity the person who gotta stand there whole nite blending (dat would be hubby). LOL! Hmm..normal yoghurt can or not? I tried once making ice blended mocha with choc chips. Wahh..super sedap! Better than Starbucks! LOL

pink elle: Hubby didn't like the Vitagen taste. I find it nice though.

wmw said...

Mmm...yum yum! I come over more often so that you can use your blender more often! Hahaha...

Kenny Mah said...

Oh definitely yummilicious! I believe the Vitagen is an acquired taste but I bet I'd like it. *hint, hint*

Tummythoz said...

wmw, u need company? *putting on puss-in-boots pleading look. Make that trying to put on*

xiu long bao said...

Can make mango ice cream too? put frozen yogurt maybe? yumyum...

Btw, wondering if all puppy pekingese have the same skin prob. My dog had a really nasty sensitive skin prob when she was young. Was not shaved bald but fur dropped till bald...poor thing. She has always been on medication, for 6 years oledi. At least the medicines stop her from scratching herself.

Precious Pea said...

wmw: You must give me a call cos I don't always stock up ingredients at home.

kenny: Just found out last weekend Vitagen now got less-sugar version. Taste awful leh.

tummythoz: Shrek 3 is donkey's turn to put on that 'cutie irresistable pleading look'.

xiu long bao: Got to get ice-cream maker for new house. Hehehe. Coincidently, your question on skin problem will be published tomorrow.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Boss, mango smoothie kasi satu, kau kau ah.

Big Boys Oven said...

MeiYen, MeiYen look look, I think precious pea's mango smoothie should taste much better than Sri Murni's Mango Blend. What do you all think? hihihihi

Precious Pea said...

lyrical lemongrass: Boleh boleh, nak panas ke atas sejuk?

big boys oven: If am in business, i sure will get you to be my marketing person. LOL!

Kenny Mah said...

Less sugar version? Ugh...

jason said...

*Drools...*
Imagine drink that when thirsty.... Aiyo...

*saliva flowing uncontrollably*

fatboybakes said...

why have to bring from melbourne ah? here dont have meh? i redeemed the kenwood smoothie junior from my credit card once, but it has since died an untimely demise. and certainly wasnt as smooth as smoothie senior. but lately i was at a party when i saw even a normal khind blender seemed to be able to blend ice to quite smooth.

Precious Pea said...

kenny: I tried the sample..yucks!

jason: Yah..very cooling. You need a tissue to wipe your saliva ar?

fbb: Sis fren in Melbourne so got to bring back from Melb lor. Here also got, i saw it in Harvey Norman...so expensive, certainly i won't buy since i seldom use it also. But as a gift, of course don't mind la. Hehehe.

Jian said...

wooo syoknye...my mom dun let me do ice blennded with her blender...*rolls eyes*...you add that exquisite honey ar? tot honey kenot come in contact with metal if not they would have chemical reaction and become bad for health ady : P

Precious Pea said...

Jian, i didn't know honey cannot come in contact with metal. I only know it cannot be diluted using hot water cos it will turn sourish. Actually you can't put ice in normal blender...will spoil the blade.

Kay said...

I would use the hand held blender, easy to clean but usually I would make berries smoothies with yogurt and milk... :P

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online