Friday, July 06, 2007

DINING FINELY...AT MAX!

UPDATES!!! (1 June 2009)
Max has been relocated to:
Lot No. 32 Jalan Jati
Off Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel. No: 603 - 2142.9720
Opens daily from 11.00 a.m. till 11.00 p.m.

-------

I received a call from Hubby after lunch yesterday and I was overjoyed when he told me that Max called us over for dinner as he just stocked up with Kumamoto oysters freshly flown in from US West Coast (sounded like Japanese to me). Gosh, 2 meals at Max in less than a week! Since father-in-law is in town, we invited him along and the three of us met up with Wong and SF (members of the Makan Gang) at Max! Kitchen. I totally have no idea what we will be served as Wong told us that Max will decide for us.

A white wine to start off with, we ordered a bottle of Palliser Estate Sauvignon Blanc. Am not going to embarrass myself by talking too much about this wine since I am not a wine expert. Wine to me is either I like it or I don’t. This bottle, I liked it.


In a challenging tone, Max asked us how much oysters we can eat at one go. I told him Hubby’s highest record was 5 dozens when we were in Melbourne. Max just shook his head and walked away. Not long after that, a bed of fresh Kumamoto oysters on ice were served to us. The size of the oysters are actually quite small and the shells are quite round instead of the normal longish shape. The moment I put it in my mouth, gosh, it was so fresh and the natural flavour of sea water together with the sweetness of the oyster was absolutely breathtaking.
Close-up of the Kumamoto Oysters. Wonder any Mikimoto lookalike pearls hidden beneath.
<
Sauteed Button Mushroom with White Wine and Herbs, a dish I tried during my Spanish Wine and Cheese tasting at Max weeks ago. I was really happy to see this dish being served tonight as I simply love the button mushrooms. Gravy was so good, we drank till to the last drop. Hick! Don’t worry, still not drunk yet.

Hubby’s favourite was served next, Octopus cooked with tomato based gravy which we have tried during the wine and cheese session that remains closely in our heart. The octopus was so bouncy, I simply love chewing on the tentacles. Best way to enjoy the dish is to dip your bread in the delicious tomato gravy. MMm…we asked for extra helpings of bread to savour this dish.

Please note that this dish is NOT in the menu. Also note that it is also NOT AVAILABLE EVEN UPON REQUEST. Clams cooked with White Wine and Herbs. Although almost similar to the mushroom we had earlier, the gravy of this dish wass much sweeter and flavourful due to the juices released from the clams. Wish the clams are much bigger and meatier though.

After finishing all the starters, it’s time for the main dish to be served. Yes, only one main dish for tonight and guess what it was? Before I reveal the answer, some pictures of the side dishes served separately.
Potato wedges
Sauteed Pea Sprouts

Ok….ready for the answer?? ROLLED LAMB LOIN! Exactly the same I had last Saturday and ever since that meal, I still crave for more lamb and tonight, I really get what I wanted. I AM SO SO SO SO HAPPY!

Quality was so consistent, the outer layer which is the fats were grilled till crispy while the meat tenderly pink. I never like mint sauce but somehow, Max adjusted the taste so well. I simply love it. OOoooo….each mouthful was so heavenly. Wong was telling us that Max actually whipped up this dish for his exam during his apprenticeship days. With a story behind it, how not to taste good?

And of course, how can we missed a good bottle of red wine to go with the lamb? A bottle of Wyndham Estate Cabernet Merlot. I was so contented as my craving for lamb loin was satisfied, so of course the wine also tastes good to me. This bottle, I liked it!

Max! Kitchen & Wines
27, Tengkat Tong Shin
50200 Kuala Lumpur

Tel : 03-21418115
(Do call for reservations - closed on Sundays)

27 comments:

Live2Talk said...

Looks like u r now regular @ Max! err any VIP discount card yet :D

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

u just murdered me with that picture..i dont feel like living anymore..can we drop at Max! at tommorrow food crawl instead for the lamb loin ar...noooooooooo!!!!...i feel like dying..

Precious Pea said...

live2talk: I tell you privately!

NJoe: OH NO! Tell me your exact location, i call the ambulance for you now.

boo_licious said...

Sigh! Everything looks so good. I dare not show Splashie Boy the lamb loin pix as he will bug me to make it soon.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Bald Eagle told me the oysters were to die for. :-(

babe_kl said...

so you guys were the one who sat outside last nite??? darn i shld hv walked in cos my fren was dining inside. thot of saying hi to him but i din wanna kacau him. hubby and i went to ngau kee and cendol at muar's place hahaha and parked near max :p

tigerfish said...

I can't even have Kumamoto oysters even when I'm in US West Coast :( ...you are so lucky.

Tummythoz said...

Mouth & throat very dry. Need oysters to lubricate. Feed me feed me!

Precious Pea said...

boo: You mean you know how to make this dish?????

luscious: Bald Eagle is not trying to tempt you...oysters really to die for.

babe: Really? Hahaha. I was also wondering if I will bumped into any bloggers that nite..but who knows that Lanatir is actually dining inside. I could have said hi to him as well. Aiiii...missed!

tigerfish: How come not available?

tummythoz: Go Max go Max!

MeiyeN said...

wow!!!! max! again..... so cool.. i would absolutely love to order da lamb loin but... we got to really watch our diet since we've been eating a lot.. i don't wish to have high cholesterol though :( and worst of all, i have stopped going yoga class due to my shoulder injury! boohoo.....

jason said...

Max really sayang u all a lot leh!

xiu long bao said...

no way....how many visits have u paid to Max?????I havent been there!!!

Precious Pea said...

meiyen: Do try the lamb...really really nice. Anyway, it's fine dining so you won't be stuffing yourself with too much meat. Eat first then only diet.

Jason: We all also very saying Max a lot!

xlb: You got your pay already isn't it??

fatboybakes said...

i like small plump oysters. much better than those large tasteless ones.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

*fainted* wakes up to read ur reply..accidentally sees the picture.. and faints again...

Precious Pea said...

fbb: Oh yes...that is why eventhough I had 5, it felt much more satisfying than having 10 of those big ones. Mmmmm...

NJOE: Eh...it should be wake up, read reply, accidentally see picture, put a comment then only faint.

bsg said...

We humbly submit our nomination for PP as interim President of the Max ! K&W FanClub. & Joe as lifetime food taster,
( and nominate ourselves team bsg as official wine testers ).
Jackson the abdullah has consented to be the seconder.TQ

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

bsg thanks for the title!..appreciate that..now that i just skipped dinner..looks like i m gonna faint again..!

wmw said...

Wah lau! This is too much for me to take....*faints right alongside NJoeZ*

Jian said...

aiyoh....oysters look so damn good o.o I can feel they swimming in my mouth ady (tho they dont in reality).....they look so FRESH!

mama bok said...

Looks like Max is making alot of ppl happy.. ;)
Say hi for me will you .. and let Max know that i will certainly visit .. when i am in Malaysia.. ;)
Would be my lost .. if i donch visit Max.. because of so many great reviews... :)

Coketai said...

Can I know how much the dinner cost with the two bottles of Red and White wine....I just want to make sure I got enough budget if I want to dine in Max or plan a head before I go !! Ha! H!

LY.Tai

Precious Pea said...

BSG: Thank you for your nomination. Hopefully no conflict of interest as I was also nominated as President of King Crab's Fan Club oledi. ;)

NJoe: Hope you recovered now. LOL!

wmw: Eh...i can see a grin on your face while lying alongside NJoe! Hehehehe!

jian: Hahahaha....all sold out oledi. :(

mamabok: You should visit Max when you are back. When are you coming home?

Coketai: Pretty much depends on what range of wine you order...the cost for this dinner was close to RM1,000 for 5 of us. But of course, the wines and oysters already contributed 50% of the bill.

Jackson said...

again???

pam said...

precious i was at max's last friday...lol and had a chat with him..:)...he was telling me and my bf tat he needs to lose weight..lol :P...bf recommended him a good drug but im not sure if he was really serious bout it..:P
hehe...i'll be going again to max's this friday..( most probably )..

Precious Pea said...

jackson: Yes, again!

pam: What good drug for losing weight? I need that! Can recommend it to me? Glad you enjoyed dining at Max! Hehehe..if you are going tonite, i will see you there.

pam said...

according to my bf, reductil is very very good...:) u can still eat normally but the thing is it suppresses ur appetite ( u'll snack lesser !! )..

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online