Monday, July 02, 2007

Max! Chin had a lil' lamb, lil' lamb, lil' lamb...

I find myself getting so pampered with good food nowadays. And when speaking of good food, I got to once again promote for Max! Kitchen. Being my 4th visit, I got to say I was really looking forward to this visit as Hubby called Max almost a week in advance to order his Rolled Lamb Loin which Wong kept raving over and over. I was also tempted to try the seasonal white asparagus as well as the yummy yabbies I had during my first visit. Unfortunately, both sold out the day before.

Max suggested to us a new item; Prawns with Avocado and Anchovies. I was really delighted as avocado and prawns are both my favourite. Drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar as dressing, the three items goes so well together. Prawns were sweet, juicy and succulent which I suspect were pan-fried (am I right Max?). Avocado was a bit hard as Max explained, it arrived a day before hence not fully ripen. Hubby commented that he loves the Spanish anchovies the most. This is our first time tasting such big anchovies which look like the giant version of our local ikan bilis. It’s like a cross between our local ikan bilis and ikan masin (salted fish) but minus the pungent smell. As you bite on it, you can also taste the sweetness from the fish. Nice, very very nice!

Next came the Portobello Mushroom Salad which is highly rated by many floggers. The first bite I took was the sweet, crunchy and crispy shitake mushroom. Wow! It’s like eating Mushroom Crackers!! Max said it’s oven-roasted. Of course, there were also big pieces of portobello mushroom. Yummy, very very yummy!

Not a fish lover but since I read so many good reviews on the Cod Fish, I decided to give it a try. The succulent Cod fish was cooked to perfection and served with creamy sauce and artichokes heart which lends a slight sourish taste to the sauce. I simply love the crispiness of the fish's skin when eaten together with the flesh.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please get ready as I am going to rave about the Rolled Lamb Loin now. Before I start, Max requested that I should put in my blog that this dish is not in the menu as it requires early preparation, so if interested, please call and order in advance. Max picked a very big piece of loin for us. The lamb was rolled with a layer of lamb’s skin with fats, marinated and then roasted. It was drizzled with mint sauce and served together with polenta, sautéed pea sprout and a pulp of roasted garlic.

My first bite was a slice of the crispy skin and a small cube of the tender and juicy meat….oh my god…it tasted SOOOO heavenly good!

Max came over and told us that we should try the roasted garlic together with the lamb…ooohh…and that actually created totally different taste altogether. Amazing, very very satisfied!

To accompany the lamb, Max recommended this bottle of red wine. Thanks Max!

Once again, we walked out the door feeling happy, contented and a little tipsy! I concluded that I will only come to Max whenever I crave for lamb. I think my Hubby thinks the same too. (He just confirmed with a ‘yah’). BIG BIG GRIN OF SATISFACTION!

29 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

i think ur portion of fish is bigger then mine compared with my 1st time..

darn that lamb loin looks good..how much did the lamb cost? b4 i order of course..

Precious Pea said...

Njoe: I also think my fish portion looks big compared to those i saw in other flogger's blog. Shhh....hehehe. And the lamb must pre-order. Our portion was quite large at RM100.

sc said...

wah, the lamb loin looks fabulous! i was there last friday, think will only blog about weeks later..yup, food is good, definitely will go back again :)

babe_kl said...

i lurve roasted garlic! your lamb looked tender and flavourful. wonder wats in stall for us soon :p

Hubby said...

I think the lamb loin that we had was for 2 persons, and that is why it is RM100... I suppose, for a aingle portion, the price should be half of that.. It was a fabulous dinner (as it has always been at the Max's) and we really appreciate Max's hospitality and attention even though he was busy. Thanks alot, Max!

Xiu Long Bao said...

Ewww...dat roasted garlic...;p maybe i dun like pungent garlic.

mama bok said...

The lamb looks really good...!! Max.. i'm coming..!! i'm coming..!!

Precious Pea said...

sc: Cool, can't wait to read your post on Max.

babe_kl: So lucky leh...from now on, my wedding anniversary, birthdays and any other special occasion will be held at Max! LOL!

Hubby: I didn't get to eat the white asparagus and yabby, let's go again soon?

xlb: Actually roasted garlic not as pungent as raw.

mamabok: Coming? You coming back?

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Hey thanks for the recommendations, Pea. What will we do without you? :-P Max should adopt you as his mascot. :-)

Tummythoz said...

Wow almost same number of posts as King Crab!
Pity I cannot tolerate lamb smell but I don't mind roasted garlic at all. Yummy.

tankiasu said...

Kakaka.....I'm afraid if we go to Max's the portion of food won't be as big as those you posted here leh.

Precious Pea said...

luscious sista: Am waiting for your blog on the set lunch you had at Max! Mascot? No la...i should volunteer both pumpkin and pea to Max.

tummythoz: Want chinese food, go King Crab. Want western, go Max Kitchen! I don't like lamb smell also...until i tasted Max's lamb. Sedap la..give it a try la...no smell.

tankiasu: Actually portion is the same la. Probably the angle which i took a picture of make it looks much bigger. Same one la...probably it's a serving for 2 since we sharing ma.

Wong said...

Max is a good chef and has lots of hidden secret recipes. The best way to test him is to give him the time and free hand to prepare the food which I always do. I believe everytime I walk to Max, he has a hard time to think what to serve me. Sorry Max ...

Jian said...

aiyoh teruknye...ur post making me drool like mad lar...*take sponge wipe mulut*....i at starbucks lar and u guys (xlb and u) either make ppl laugh or drool : P starbucks customer must be thinking i gila.

woah...RM100 for lamb roast.....O.o *passes out*

Precious Pea said...

Wong: Big thank you to you also, if not becos of you, we wouldn't know Max. Oh yah..we were seated at the 'Director's table' the other night. BTW, Max suggest we go makan-makan this Sunday, will give you a call later.

jian: RM50 per person, ok la....quality good ma. Really worth it. Hey, don't laugh till spill coffee all over yah.

jason said...

Aiyeee... Should have curi a piece of the mushroom from Soo Yin's plate at the gathering!

wmw said...

Rolled lamb loin....that itself sounds delicious. And a rolled lamb loin from Max! must be another heavenly experience...

boo_licious said...

Must show bf that as he loves rolled lamb loin. Thanks for the tip on what to order.

pam said...

i love max's too...precious do u happen to have max's kitchen number? plan to bring my bf there on his birthday : )

Jackson said...

aiyerr.. another review about MAX again... not fair... i never been there n u had try their food so many times.. i wan to complain!!

The Cooking Ninja said...

now you are making really hungry. Those are really mouthwatering dishes.

tigerfish said...

Cannot keep looking at your Max! Kitchen post lah - keep looking at the good food and cannot eat...feels terrible leh.

Precious Pea said...

Jason: We all go again yah.

wmw: Definately very very heavenly!

boo: Do give it a try. Highly recommended.

Pam: Oh yes, do call to avoid disappointment. His phone no. is 03 - 2141 8115

jackson: Don't merajuk yah. We shall all go again yah?

cooking ninja: Hehehe...tissue?

tigerfish: With your culinary skill, am sure you can try doing it at home. ;)

jason said...

Yess... must go again *evil grin*

pam said...

thanksss !! precioous :)

haha cant wait to savour those succulent scallops again !!! :P

not to mention the unagi and seared tuna....arghs...im feeling hungry now at 12.10 am..:(

Precious Pea said...

jason: ;) (lagi evil grin)

pam: No problem, hope you enjoy dining at Max!

MeltingWok said...

Wow, PP, your tastebud and mine is just ngam2 one. Once again, would have pick the same dishes, especially that mushroom salad and the cod fish, damn flaky and creamy hor ? Great selection, btw :) Ok, now, if the restaurant cops are reading this, they better issue you floggers some Max Kitchen frequent flyer discount, you hear me ? hehehe :)
p/s: Thx for your warm welcome note, will definitely not forget you when I get home, my s---o---o---n has become s.o.o.n hehehe :))

Anonymous said...

hi there :) i'm jz a random readers here. thot of bringing my dear a nice place to dine on his b'day, especially he's very fond of beef. as u've mentioned that the lamb rolled loin is pre-order, how long bfore i got to notify them and price range? :)

very much thanks to u guys, i mean the food lovers to share ur reviews up here, there's so many many more i wanna try off

hope to hear from u soon

Rachel

Precious Pea said...

Hi Rachel,

You need to order a day in advance for the lamb loin. Can't remember how much it costs, but if you order a small one, it shouldn't cost more than RM30 per person. Otherwise, order his lamb cutlet which is in the menu. Your bf can try his tenderloin too. Wagyu beef also recommended but provided if your bf likes something gelatinous as the cheek is quite a lot of gelatine. But nice!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online