Friday, July 13, 2007

WHEN YABBY AND COD MEETS...@ MAX!

UPDATES!!! (1 June 2009)
Max has been relocated to:
Lot No. 32 Jalan Jati
Off Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel. No: 603 - 2142.9720
Opens daily from 11.00 a.m. till 11.00 p.m.

--------

“Paul & Ivy, Yabbies just arrived today!”

This is exactly the text message we received from Max of Max! Kitchen on Tuesday night. Knowing that I have been asking for his sold-out yabbies since 2 weeks ago, am so delighted when I received his SMS. An offer which we couldn’t turn down and so the two of us headed to Max! Kitchen for dinner yesterday. Personally, the feeling of going to Max nowadays is like going home for dinner. You wouldn’t know what your mum will cook but one thing for sure, satisfaction guaranteed. It came to a point that his waiter already knew that we don’t need to order from the menu cos Max will decide on what we will eat, which I feel so privileged since all the food I had are not in the menu yet, if not at all. And this makes me very happy because I will be the first to blog about it. *GRIN*

Max took out a big tub of yabbies for me to take picture. Greedy me, how I wish I can have the whole tub. Anyway, I was hoping that we have at least have 2 pieces each, if that is not too much to ask for. While waiting for our yabbies, Hubby was asked by Max to call our two Makan Gang members to come for champagne.

Hey, what are you looking at? Am going to eat you SOON! Wuahaha!

To my surprise, the portion served was huge with at least 6 yabbies in it. More yabbies were added into our bowl after I finished taking photos. Only then I realized the reason it was not served together was because it looks better in photo with just 6 rather than 10 pieces cramped into the bowl. Yes, 10 pieces of yabbies! 5 for me and 5 for Hubby!

The Yabbies were cooked with tomato broth which had been simmered for a whole day. The sweetness of the yabbies enhanced the taste of the clear broth and it’s just like drinking prawn juice! I thought tomato broth would be sourish but how wrong I was, it was full of natural sweetness with mild tomato taste. The yabbies were fantastic, definitely very fresh, meaty and bouncy. We have to use our hands and it got a bit messy as the sweet juices dripped all over our hand. At that moment, we totally forgotten we were dining in a fine dining restaurant!


Back to fork and knife after the yabbies, we were served with this wonderful Cod Casoulet which will be available in the new menu soon (next week I heard). I saw Max sautéed the beef bacon, onions and butter beans till fragrant and I was called by Max to enter his kitchen to take a deep smell of it. Ooooo…..so good! A piece of grilled Cod is then added into the pan and am not sure what gravy he put inside, the whole pan was then shoved into the oven for a few minutes so that the beef bacon can release its flavour to be absorbed by the Cod. Sounds so heavenly isn’t it? Fresh from the oven and right onto our table. The aroma of the beef bacon together with the onion was so good and exploding into the air. Being fan of bacon, Hubby simply loved this dish especially the gravy in which he complained too little. He asked for extra helping of bread to wipe off the gravy. Hahaha…the plate was cleared without a single stain, so I told the waiter that it’s clean, no need to wash and he replied with a wide smile.

To accompany the fish, Max recommended this good bottle of Tasmanian 2005 Pinot Noir by Tigress. A very good wine indeed, it was really light and smooth to the throat and it leaves a fruity aftertaste in your mouth. Normally it takes quite some time for me to finish a glass of red wine but this, I had 2 glasses. This wine is indeed very good, approved by Makan Gang! It’s gonna be my favourite from now till I taste another better one.

A bottle of Champagne was opened after the meal, I guess Max just want to have some company to try out the Champagne which he commented a bit saltish. No picture of it since I was practically so lazy and slightly tipsy after the wine.

The Cod Casoulet is very highly recommended and I reconfirmed with Max that it will be available from next week when the new menu is introduced. As for the Yabbies, well, it's seasonal and very much depends on your luck!

Now I wonder when will we receive another SMS from Max!

29 comments:

MeiyeN said...

omg...... max again!!!!!!

wmw said...

*Comes in, read, sadly leaves comment...exit*

babe_kl said...

yr description of the cod made my mouth waters!

poor wmw, come come *hugs*

jason said...

Sounds like Max is your dad!

Precious Pea said...

meiyen: Yes wor....3 times in 2 weeks.

wmw: Don't be like that lerrrrr!!!!Next time we go together ok?

babe: You have to order it to try. The aroma...ooohh....so so good!

Jason: No la....am a bit too old to be his daughter. He is my 'SIFU' la..hahaha...wonder if he keen to hire me as his asst chef or not.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

you..you...you...you... i cant say the word out la..****...how could you!!??? 5 yabbies each!???? argh!! the world is not unfair la..i doubt u paid 350 for the yabbies like we should rite? babekl..i also need a hug lar..

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Hear ye, hear ye, the President of Max Worshippers Club speaketh!

Max should put a link to your blog on his business cards. :-P

Xiu Long Bao said...

i really want to know!!! about ur privileged member card. Can tell me via emailing, i oso wan2 apply n ask max to sms me.

Precious Pea said...

NJoe: Me..Me..Me..Me..what? Hahaha...yes...5 big juicy succulent yabbies for me. Ooo..those sinful roes! I think you will like it too. ;)

lyrical lemongrass: Hmmm...another new club formed? I like your suggestion of putting my link in his card, let me see if i can negotiate for that over wine, oysters and yabbies. Hahaha!

xlb: Mana ada member's card. Hahahaha...but i will suggest it to him....loyalty card, dine 10 times free 1 yabby?

Hubby said...

Actually, I didn't want to put any comment for this blog as I think my wife has described the dishes very well indeed. However, after reading the blog again, the memories of sweet succulent yabbies and the exquisite taste of cod casoulet (esp with the beef bacon)came flooding back!!! It was simply delicious!!! Worth every RM!

Live2Talk said...

U & ur hubby are now the official ambassador (toi yuen yan) for Max! ah?

Precious Pea said...

Hubby, I still remember your look when you put the bacon and the cod into your mouth. Nice hor? Next time, all our anniversaries, birthdays and special occasion, we do it at Max yah!?!

UnkaLeong said...

Hahaha...They should offer you a priviliged diner's card. Or have they done so already?

ka..t said...

Aiyo... Max here, Max there, Max everywhere!! By the time I finally get to go there, sure too popular to get a table!!
*leaves sadly with wmw*

mama bok said...

So lucky you ..!!!

boo_licious said...

Awww, everything looks so good. A friend of mine was raving abt his lamb loin.

Jian said...

*reads then joined wmw*....

The Cooking Ninja said...

Yabbies are very expensive in France. Lucky you.

KampungboyCitygal said...

ur post leaves everyone sad..hahaha..about the ah lit post..how come theres so many dishes that i've never tried b4 one? i wana fren fren max too..

sc said...

goodness! sudah berapa kali you've blog on max? i think you are an addict oledi ler.. ;)

Precious Pea said...

unkaleong: Errmm...don't think we need priviledge card oledi.

ka.t: Got table, just book a day in advance. *pulling you and wmw back*

mamabok: Asking you again, when you are you coming back?

boo: OOoo...you should go try it soon. Very very nice.

jian: Come back! Come back!

Cooking ninjas: Issit?? I seldom see yabbies here too.

kampungboycitygal: I heard there are plenty more unique dishes at Ah Lit. Must make few rounds to sample each and every dish.

sc: Cannot help it, each time also eat different stuffs so have to blog about it.

Precious Pea said...

To the 3 Anonymous(es), WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

cookies_cream said...

wowww!! so good leh...you so friend with the owner of MAX! I also want... never been to MAX! before.. :(

p/s: When can I visit your pumpkin and pea? They looked soo adorable :)

myCoffee said...

Oh wow, another fantastic feast at Max! I agree with you, this place sounds like your 2nd home now. :)

New Kid on the Blog said...

is not a good thing to read food blog in the morning huh?? damn it, my stomach feels empty and my mouth could feel it's watery... I like the fish!!!!

Shirley Khor said...

U'r so lucky to have a chef friend. Wish I could tag along. Hehe~The yabbies look nice and juicy.

Precious Pea said...

cookies_cream: You wanna visit them? Hmm..maybe should do a tour to visit them..hahaha..ok..let me arrange.

mycoffee: So far, am really satisfied dining at Max! Money well paid.

nkotb: Hahaha..i learnt my lesson oledi..no food blogs in the morning, before lunch and before going to bed.

shirley: when you come back ok?

Kenny Mah said...

Your description of the Cod Casoulet just made my tummy melt. *drools*

Big Boys Oven said...

I still wonder how much was the bill?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online