Monday, August 27, 2007

AIR-FLOWN GOODIES FROM TOKYO!

Before Hubby went off to Tokyo for his business trip, I told him not to get any bags or electronic gadgets for me. But when Hubby came home last Friday, I was so delighted as he presented one HUGE brown paper bag containing lots and lots of goodies inside. Well, the first instinct of course, would be to grab my camera and start snapping photos.

Hubby told me that he went to one of the biggest seafood wholesaler in Tokyo. He wanted to get me this live abalone for sashimi but somehow, he was told that the Customs only allow frozen abalone to be taken out from Japan. So he got me two packets of frozen Hotate instead. Still wondering how I should cook this.

The smell from the fresh scallops were wonderful and I was so tempted to have it raw. Hubby didn’t allow me though, cos he said it has been lying in the ice box for 9 hours and he wouldn’t want me ended up sick for the weekend. Sigh…we had it steamed with ginger and garlic instead.

Ah-Ha…something to be eaten raw…fresh sea urchins. I was shocked when Hubby told me this box of sea urchins only cost him RM30. My goodness…sea urchins costs a bomb here! There were at least 30 pieces of sea urchins in this box. The taste was amazing! Fresh and sweet! Oishi Oishi!

Hubby also brought back some fruits. The grapes he brought home was quite unique. It came in one small cob, like sweetcorn, and the taste is very different from those we have here. Have you ever wonder why Sugus or Bubbleyum’s grape flavour taste so different from the usual grapes? Now, this grapes tastes exactly like bubblegum grape flavour. I like I like I like!!! Hehehe..am having a bunch as am typing now..mmm..yummy yummy yum yum!

I was super delighted cos Hubby brought back the Hokkaido Honey Dew too. Apart from that he also bought persimmons, peaches and white asparagus. I really have no idea what to do with the white asparagus yet…hmmmm….

As requested, Hubby bought me some green tea and some wasabi green peas. Yet to try though…so can’t comment about the taste yet.

This dried shredded octopus snack (Yau-yue-si) is the ultimate!!! So addictive and I just can’t stop chewing on it whole day. I simple love the juices released into my mouth as I chew.

This seems to look like our local satay fish but Hubby said it tastes really good. Yet to try so can’t comment again.

FUBU CRACKERS?? Errrmm…..is it safe to eat? Fubu is actually puffer fish which is very poisonous if it’s not cut and cleaned properly. But I guess this should be safe to eat.

Seaweed rice cracker…quite a common snack so I guess I need not say more.

This is a freebie that came with the green tea earlier. It’s actually love letter with green tea cream fillings. Love it!

Mochi, something that I don’t quite fancy cos I have not come across any good ones here but this box is good. It came in three flavours; chestnut, hazelnut and green tea. All also not too bad and it’s not too sweet too. I concluded that I only like Mochi from Japan. LOL!

Hubby bought this packet of Bonito Flakes for me. He said it tastes great in soup..err…what soup? Lotus roots? ABC or Old Cucumber? Luckily I consulted Boolicious and she told me that it’s used to make Dashi or stock for Miso soup. Hmm…now I got a great idea. Get some Wagyu Beef and make an evil pot of Beef Sukiyaki!

Now, the last item here is the one I love most cos am a big-time sucker for packaging. This box is wrapped with a nice wrapper and it took me some time to decide whether to open this package or not.

In the end, my curiousity won me over. I decided to open it to see what is inside. Tada…..all the goodies were individually packed. Awwww…now…I have to struggle again whether to attack or not to attack.

The next day, I could not bear with looking at it all the time yet imagine what is inside. I guess you are as curios as I am right? Finally I opened it and took picture of each and every item. Some are nice while some are too sweet for me and some I have no idea what it is...anyway, some pictures to end your curiosity as well.






I just can’t wait to visit Tokyo myself, especially the seafood market. Hubby said I would love Tokyo too…so I have decided, Tokyo first, Hokkaido (my dream place) later. *BIG BIG GRIN*

33 comments:

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Hehe. Christmas came early this year, huh?

Your hubby's great! He must have pushed the luggage weight limit with all the stuff he brought back for his darling wife. *three cheers hubby!!*

sc said...

i get what you meant by being hesistant to open the prettily wrapped gifts! hehe.. some of the items looks so delicate that we get torn on 'to tear or not to tear'..:)

mama bok said...

Wow..!! so envy..!! i want husband like that too..!!!
Loads of brownie points for your hubby.. :)

Precious Pea said...

Hehehe...yah..he went with one small luggage, came back with two additional ice boxes and one big brown bag with my goodies. :)

sc: Exactly!!!! It's so beautiful to be destroyed but then again, never open never know. Next time must get HUbby to buy two packet of each. That way, won't have that 'ng seh dak' feeling.

mamabok: Hehehe...shhh...you better don't let your Hubby see what you wrote. Shhh...

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

did he not bring any clothes with him there?? how to bring so much back!! the sea urchin!! all finished?? u should buy some sushi rice and mix it all in with soya sauce and wasabi..its damn good!

teckiee said...

Sure you can finish all the food ah? Two of you only.. and the dogs.. some more you are sick... i help you to eat la hehehe

Big Boys Oven said...

Cool! I am sure those food you had was fantastic. I assured you that you are right!!! lol... why did I say that? we did enjoy some of those at the japanese booth during the food exhibition, klcc convention centre last week. You are well spotted on those japanese grapes, they taste so different, fragant sugary taste. We also tasted peaches and mandarins too.

Ohhhh you are so lucky to have such a good and lovely hubby..... lol

New Kid on the Blog said...

hehehe... can spare some for me in Penang ah?? those stuff looks good la!!

boo_licious said...

Wahhh, someone definitely needs to be voted Hubby of the Year! Such a sweetie to bring you back so many goodies. He must have spent a lot of time to choose those items and planned to bring it back home.

Live2Talk said...

All food ah? I always admire those Japan-mali packaging stuff ... it attracts u before u hv the time to think wat is inside. Plan for Tokyo next year :D

ling239 said...

wow... so much food ~
wonder how ur hubby brought them back ^_^

Precious Pea said...

NJoe and ling239: He checked in via his boss (Business Class), so that explains why he can bring so much back. As for the sea urchins, all finished the same night and it goes well with instant noodle (dried without seasoning) too. Slurps!!!

teckiee: Hahaha..ok ok..i got your message. Drop by my house before all gone ok?

bigboysoven: Those grapes so good isn't it? The texture is so different too and I just couldn't find words to describe it. Sigh..i really wanted to visit the food exhibition badly..sigh..next time i guess.

nkotb: Why not you make a trip to KL???

boo: Yalor..i tot it was supposed to be a business trip so where got so much time? According to Hubby, he and his colleagues deserted his boss (who went for meetings) and went shopping. Cham, sure kena blacklisted and no more next time. LOL! Nevermind, next time go with me! Wuahahaha!

live2talk: Eh? You going Tokyo? Me wanna go Spring time.

jason said...

Wah, so many goodies! I love their colourful packaging, so sayang to tear them and eat the stuff inside.

wmw said...

Wah, Mr P is so nice....:o) as for you...no more lonely nights!

iva said...

Lots of good snacks...hmmm

Jackson said...

wow...u r so lucky to hv such a caring n loving hubbywho care so much of u. A business trip end up to b like a grocery trip in Japan!!! Mind to share some leftover japanese snack? hehe. Besides, is that a full luggage of food just for u??

FoodieLianne said...

your hubby got brother ah ? single one ;-p with same characteristic of course!

Precious Pea said...

Jason: Yalor..but then if the food rosak, lagi sayang.

wmw: Hehehe..no la..with the two 4-legged Ps around, i where got time to be lonely?

iva: Munch munch...yums :)

jackson: Hahaha...i like that word! Grocery shopping. He wanted to get me instant noodles but no time to go supermarket. Yep, he didn't buy anything else except food cos he know i sure will like it. :)

KampungboyCitygal said...

its very sweet of ur hubby..how he manage to stuff these goodies in his luggage? pui fuk..

Christy said...

Wow!!
Really amazing....you must be having a bomb of a time enjoying these Jap goodies...
Still amazed at how he transported all sort of food...

Btw,apples are famous in another place..Nagano:) They have pretty good apple pies there:)

Nice to meet you Precious Pea:)

fatboybakes said...

hmmph, i coulda sworn i posted a comment. i was saying, i must have a word with him, and give him a serious reprimand. he's spoiling the market la. my wife would be lucky to get a pack of M&Ms from the duty free shop...

AHHH, unless my comment didnt past comment moderation lerrrr...

Shirley Khor said...

Wow! So many nice-packaging snacks! :P" I just loved the colours and designs of the wrappings...Kawaii!

~Christine~Leng said...

Yor... U're so lucky! Such a thoughtful hubby u have there. Brought back so many goodies for you! Tokyo's a great place for sure too! Lots to explore! :)

The Cooking Ninja said...

wah...u so lucky. So many goodies. Your hubby loves you a lot. :) My sis got fresh abalone from Australia. :)

Tummythoz said...

That brown bag must had been 5 feet tall & came with wheels! I thot the list & pix will never end. So so envious.

tigerfish said...

How your hubby managed to bring back so many things? All these better than bag lah!

The abalone and scallops will be so unami!

The Drool Team said...

Wow, so much food, can finish not?hint*hint*:)

Xiu Long Bao said...

I wan those goodies too!!! Pls contribute to JFKA, i wan the scallops, fruits and munchies...everything la

Precious Pea said...

kampungboycitygal: He stuffed everything into 2 iceboxes and a big big brown paper bag. :)

Christy: Munch munch munch Hi Christy...munch munch munch. I asked Hubby how come no Fuji apples or Nashi Pears and he said it's too common. Apple pies? Now I must go Nagano to try..hehehe.

fbb: M&Ms?? Your kids happier or your wife when you brought home the M&Ms? Btw, i wouldn't dare deleting your comments la...hehehehe.

Shirley: They looks too good to be eaten.

Christine: Yah, he is so so sweet. But I think I must make a trip to Tokyo soon since he kept telling me what a great place it is.

Cooking Ninja: WAHHH!! Fresh abalone?? Slurps..i want i want i want!

Tummythoz: I think it will be 5 ft tall if he stay one more day there.

tigerfish: True true..better than bags cos food, i sure like!

Drool team: Hahaha...you want me to bring over to KK next month?

xlb: OK, when JFKA Committee members meets!

MeiyeN said...

you are so lucky!!!!! so much of goodies all da way back from japan... yumzzz!

Precious Pea said...

meiyen: Yah...many many thanks to Hubby :)

cHaR~ said...

You are so lucky. Your hubby is so sweet and loving. He know's what will make you smile.

I love japanese food, japanese snacks too. How i wish i have a japanese chef to cook jap food for me everyday ! Too bad for me huh ! :P

Honey Star said...

OMG!!!! you hubby is amazing! :D Im a sucker for all japanesey things. Aiyoo..all those cute & pretty packagings. I like the chick cake. so cute :D :D :D

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online