Monday, August 20, 2007

Bar-B-Q Plaza @ 1Utama New Wing

Whenever I window shop at 1-Utama New Wing, without fail, I always come across this big poster of huge sizzling of soup filled with beef, pork, shrimp, squid, veggies and udon. They even put up TV advertisement which I find pretty silly.



One fine night, Hubby and I were at 1-Utama feeling lost cos we don't know what to eat. Suddenly I recalled this Bar-B-Q cum Steamboat place and so we decided to give it a try. I was quite surprised when I walked in cos this place is huge and quite good business too.

I was very happy when I opened the menu and saw the page below. So colourful and spoilt with choices. You can either choose the beef set, pork set, seafood set, veggie set and even combination set that consists of EVERYTHING! Hubby and I decided to try the 'everything' and so we ordered the Deluxe Supreme Set for only RM35 and it came with two bowls of white rice. There are also individual servings of meat and veggies which you can order separately, if not mistaken, around average of RM5 per serving.

While waiting for food to arrive, I notice this sheet of paper; instruction on how to cook your food! IMPRESSIVE!!! Only then I found out that this Bar-B-Q Plaza is a chain from up North, Thailand.

We were given two pieces of pork fat and according to the instruction above, we need to use the fat to grease the hot plate. Wahh...Hubby and I was so delighted at this point in time!

We were given a bowl of brown vegetarian-based sauce that is imported in weekly from Bangkok. Very unique flavour on its own which I could not describe. Once we added in raw garlic, chopped cilipadi and lime juice, this bowl is a BOMB!!!

Here comes our Deluxe Supreme Set. Can you see how fresh those meats were? Something was hidden underneath the meat which we discovered much later. PORK BACON LEHHH!!!!!! The amount quite substantial for 2 person but Hubby still couldn't resist from ordering 2 more individual plates of pork and beef.

I totally enjoyed the cooking process, waiting for each slices of blood-red meat turns into delightful brownish colour, waiting to be devoured. The chicken stock was amazingly sweet after all the juices from the meat drizzled downwards..and my only complain is that the shape of the hot plate didn't allow me to scoop the soup.

Due to my passion to redbean, I ordered the Ice Blended Red Bean which I find totally not suitable to accompany the meal. It was rather sweet so it kinda spoil my tastebud when I continue with my meal. Still Hubby's plain ol' iced chinese tea was the best!!!!

A side order we ordered was the Enoki Mushroom wrapped with Pork Bacon. It tasted funny cos the Pork Bacon was tasteless. I thought it was supposed to be salty but it was saved by the mustard dip.

If you happen to be at 1-Utama and couldn't decide what to eat, give this place a try.

Bar-B-Q Plaza is located at:
1 Utama Shopping Centre
F338A, 1st Floor, Rainforest
Current Promotion: 10% for OneCard member till 31 August 2007

18 comments:

Live2Talk said...

Hmm tat meal looks yummy ... BBQ ala Thai style. Better than those Korean ones ah? Can arrange for our happy hour meal also :P

Kenny Mah said...

Pity it's tasteless cos the bacon and enoki wraps look real good la... The spicy sauce is so up my alley... I should have been reborn a Thai! ;)

iva said...

Wooo bacon... I like some!

mama bok said...

Sure value for money.. :)

Jackson said...

initially i tot its a Korean chain...hahaha..im so stupid!! My sister gave a very bad comment on this place wor..

Xiu Long Bao said...

i wld have given bad review bout this eatery if i started food blogging 2 yrs ago. Not sure if it turns over a new leaf now as most floggers gave good comments bout it. Btw, i find their advertisement on the big screen quite disturbing...haha

The Cooking Ninja said...

Looks so good. Long time I haven't had Korean BBQ.

tigerfish said...

Food aside, I thought the ad. was quite scary leh. People all turn beasts while eating at this place. Like eating in a zoo!

New Kid on the Blog said...

Saw this outlet in the Curve... never try it... hmmmm... thks for posting it, now we know there's another place for us.... [wink]

Precious Pea said...

live2talk: Korean BBQ different. This is BBQ Steamboat. Errm...no problem of going there for 'happy hours' but then you don't take pork, Missy 6ft don't take beef, how ar? Veggie set?? LOL!

kenny mah: Hahaha...reborn Thai? No need la...just move up North! Better still, find a Thai wife ;)

iva: Bacon...yumyumyum...my favourite too.

mamabok: Oh yes, i find it very reasonable for the amount of meat served.

jackson and xiu long bao: I heard good reviews from floggers that is why i went to try. Not bad lor...but then again, you must love beef and pork in order to enjoy this bbq. Hubby yesterday even suggested to go again.

cooking ninja: I love korean bbq too...but can't have it too often..too heaty.

tigerfish: Hahahaha! That ad is so silly but then again, it managed to capture our attention, so i guess it's working!

nktob: Curve also got an outlet???

Big Boys Oven said...

We were there too! Luv it! Fantastic! A true way to dine.

boo_licious said...

I always noticed how packed they are whenever we drive past on the highway. Such a good spread and everything looks so fresh.

Precious Pea said...

big boys oven: Yeah..i always love steamboat with beef and most steamboat restaurants do not have it or otherwise, it costs a bomb.

boo: Hopefully they maintain the freshness and the quality and ooohh..the quantity too!

jason said...

Yeah, I find that the ad was pretty silly too. I was thinking which horror movie is that :P

MeiyeN said...

went to da pyramid outlet months back.... and it was all good too! :D

Precious Pea said...

Jason: Werewolf? LOL!

meiyen: Got outlet in Pyramid too? Wow, they must be doing well then.

Kusahi_Keat said...

Me meat lover, shld try it sometime... The advertisement reminds me of Underworld!!

Precious Pea said...

kusahi_keat: Hehe..it reminds me of werewolf.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online