Wednesday, August 08, 2007

CURRY LAKSA @ CHICKEN CUISINE, GLENMARIE

I didn't know Glenmarie offers good food until many many months ago when I first met up with Boolicious and Lyrical Lemongrass for a trip to Klang to sample the I-Po Roast Duck that WMW raved about. As we were driving past the row of shophouses, I was introduced to the wonderful food offered here, namely the Curry Laksa from Chicken Cuisine, the famous Meng Kee BBQ Pork and the newly opened Wong Siong Wong.

I came back the next day with my Hubby and Dad to try the Curry Laksa at Chicken Cuisine. I was quite delighted to see the creamy orangey-red colour of the broth with a layer of chilli oil on top. The laksa was served just the way I like it; with lots of fresh bloody-looking cockles, chunky steamed chicken, fluffly soft taufu-pok, crunchy beansprouts and long beans and topped with mint leaves. For extra kick, I added in some lime juice for the tangy flavour. Ooooohhh....this cholesterol-laden bowl of laksa is indeed very good!!!

However, my Hubby wasn't too impress with it. He usually opt for 100% vermicelli and he commented that they should use the fine, Thai version instead of the coarse. I didn't notice it cos I usually opt for yellow noodle with vermicelli. Nevertheless, I still find it very good.

They also offer a variety of Yong Tau Foo, not fantastic but better than average. Lyrical Lemongrass told me that they serves very good Chee Cheong Fun too.
I can't remember how much was the meal but it's certainly not as cheap as I thought. Best to go on Saturday so that you can hop over to Meng Kee for their BBQ Pork.

Chicken Cuisine
6, Jalan UI/Seksyen UI Hicom-Glenmarie Industrial Park,
40150 Shah Alam

Also check this out:

15 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

ARGH!!..haha u r back..i had a crap breakfast and i m drinking my saliva looknig at that curry laksa..evil!!>.

mama bok said...

YUMMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Aah, I remember that fateful day when the sistas got together for the first time. :-) M E M O R I E S.........hehe.

Love the curry laksa here. One of my weekend staples.

Precious Pea said...

NJoe: I will be posting every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from now on. Been pretty busy lately both at work and social life, too tired to blog. Anyway, what crap breakfast you had?

mamabok: SLURRRPPP!!!!

luscious sista: Yah...and many many more sweet memories to come. :)

boo_licious said...

Ah, that curry laksa is really good stuff esp when u eat it with Meng Kee Char Siu.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

haha good to know ur timetable..see less evils..i had oatmeal and a hot dog bun...not as good as a curry laksa la..

tankiasu said...

Yet to try any of the food in Glenmarie!! Arrrgghhh.....

New Kid on the Blog said...

I can never try things like curry laksa (which means curry noddle in Penang).... as long as it has santan... [sigh]

wmw said...

Hehe...we didn't have room in our tummy to accomodate a bowl of this when we were there before venturing out.

Xiu Long Bao said...

I didn't hav my breakfast :I That bowl of curry is tempting me...grrr...n u featured yong tao foo too! luckily i had it last nite :) satisfying smile

tigerfish said...

The laksa sure looks good - did they use yellow thick noodles ? The laksa I usually have uses chor bee hoon!

Precious Pea said...

boo: Great idea! I hope they allow outside food.

NJoe: Ok what...healthy breakfast. Curry Laksa less guilty when eaten for lunch.

tankiasu: Should try it one day cos I always thought that area full of factories.

nkotb: Whywhy? Sensitive stomach? I have that problem too but as long as the santan is fresh and not overnite, then am ok.

wmw: Hahaha..ya ya! We were so stuffed! But you managed to convince me to go back to try lor.

xlb: I was craving for curry laksa this morning too but sadly, not available at my working place. :(

tigerfish: They use the alkaline yellow noodle, the one used for mee goreng. I also prefer thin bee hoon but if mix with noodle, then i don't really mind.

Ethan W said...

Hi, I came from WMW's blog, and I have to say, nice pics!

I really like the first one. Did you put the lime in the top-left corner there? Or was it somehow already in the pic? I find it a nice touch :)

Precious Pea said...

Hi ethan, thanks for dropping by. Thanks for your compliment, my photo is not compared to your...*shy shy*. Anyway, i didn't even notice the lime until you pointed it out. It's not intended, probably i dumped it there after squeezing it dry. LOL! Thanks anyway.

Jackson said...

yeah... their curry laksa is very famous and u hardly find place during lunch time

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online