Monday, October 22, 2007

FIRST DAY IN SCHOOL

Pumpkin was exactly 8 months old yesterday and it is also his first day in school. I got Pumpkin enrolled in an obedience class for which I think he desperately needs it since he thinks he is the big boss in the house! The obedience class is held at Taman Desa Community Park every Sunday and that means for the next 10 Sundays, Hubby and I have to sacrifice our sleep to bring him to class at 8.30 a.m.!!

I was very excited over it, anticipating the great fun we going to have. I woke up extra early yesterday morning to make sure I packed all the necessities such as his water bottle, treats to bribe him and also plastics bags in case he poo poo. When we reached the park, I was very surprised cos the park was full of dogs of all sizes and breeds! It was just like the day at the Malaysia Responsible Dog Ownership Day! Pumpkin was super excited when he saw so many four-leggeds and immediately off he went to make friends, regardless big or small dogs.

Pumpkin's class consists of only 7 small dogs and guess who is the naughtiest in class? While I was busy listening to the instructor who is trying to teach us how to make sure our dog know its name, Pumpkin was jerking the leash I was holding on to cos he wanted to play with other dogs. And when we try to practice getting the dog to look at the owner when being called, Pumpkin was too distracted to listen. Sigh....like that how to teach?????

Pumpkin was the only one not performing in class. So embarassing! Pumpkin was also the only one who poo poo during class!!! Ooohhh.....he was also sexually assaulted! He was humped by a MALE silky terrier half his size. Hahahahahahahaha! Actually the instructor told us that the silky terrier was trying to show its dominance by humping on other dogs. If only Pea was there, am sure Pea would be laughing and rolling on the ground since Pumpkin is such a big bully at home. Hahahahahaha!

Pumpkin with his classmate and no, this rolling on the ground is not part of the lesson!
When the class ended, a dog owner came to approach us. He too owned a Pekingnese and it's a female! Seems like Pumpkin has got himself a prospective girlfriend. Such a pretty girl, isn't she?

Pumpkin was totally exhausted after the class. I wrapped him with a towel since I do not want him to catch a cold in the air-conditioned car. Throughout the journey home, his tongue was dangling out and I quickly took a short video clip of him to show you how tired he was.




18 comments:

boo_licious said...

Pumpkin looks like he had a great time at school. Not bad progress - first day at school and get a gfriend already! Definitely a ladies killer.

Silly Meow-Emily said...

Can i still enroll my dog now? Goldie (golden retriever mixed) is about 9mths old and he is really disobedience at times!

myCoffee said...

Ya, Pumpkin looked totally beat after the class! He looked so cute panting like that.
Humping is a sign of showing dominance? Thank goodness. For a while I was worried what is my puppy turning into when he started humping his bro (and vice versa) whenever they met at 10 weeks. I nearly "pengsan" when it first happened. Haha.

Precious Pea said...

Boo: I think Pea enjoyed it most, peace and quiet for an hour a week. Haahaha....yah, definitely a ladies killer.

silly meow-emily: I think still can, go check out www.puppy.com.my and go to training section.

mycoffee: I always tot humping means the dog is gatal. Hahaha. Anyway, i was also told some dogs show dominance by biting our hand and heels. Pumpkin used to chase me and bit on my heels but once i smacked him, he now knows am the boss. Oh...never smack your dog also..hehehe. The word is COMMUNICATE, well, if pumpkin ever listen to me lor. Hahahahah!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

so cute!!! how come no pic of the terrier doing that thang with pumpkin?

Silly Meow-Emily said...

Thanks! Hehe pumpkin is adorably cute. Everytime i see you post up his photo i feel like sayang-ing him though he got naughty look!! But that's how a puppy should look like! heh heh heh...

ling239 said...

hahahaaaaa..... that video is so funny !! i am sure he is very exhausted after the whole morning of making new frens ~ :P

Neko Hime said...

Ooh.. i think my best friend brings her two goldies here for "school".... Hahaha i find the poo poo bit funny- cause my dog does that as well in crowds

Precious Pea said...

NJoe: I was too busy rescuing Pumpkin, so no photos taken. I will remember to take a video of it next week. Hahahahaha!

silly meow emily: Hehehe..yah, we can't resist his cute cute look too.

ling239: His stamina is really low, he already tired out after his first 15 mins there. But yes, i think he enjoyed it too. Next week, we going to bring Pea along.

neko hime: I saw a lot of goldies that day. Surprising lots cocker spaniels too.

wmw said...

Oops...think I've left the comment for you older post here...sorry. Anyway, so fun. Can I follow to see one Sunday?

tigerfish said...

I never sent my doggies to school coz me myself hated school!

Precious Pea said...

wmw: Can can, this Sunday?? But got to depart from house 8 a.m. OK?

tigerfish: Hehehe...true true. Seems like the owners are being trained instead of the dog.

Xiu Long Bao said...

Awww...cutie pumpkin! Poor thing, he must be very exhausted but hopefully he will be well trained by the end of the lessons :p Gambateh!

Precious Pea said...

xlb: Keeping my fingers crossed! :)

MeiyeN said...

poor pumpkin, got to attend class and after class, he really looks tired and exhausted! lol..

Tummythoz said...

Haha. Your doggie posts never fail to make me lol.

Live2Talk said...

Pic1: "Oh brother ... woke me up so early for these? Ok since my owner drag me here might as well enjoy myself"

Pic2: "Snif snif ... hey brother since when u last had ur bath huh?"

Pic3: "There's a cutie! Say can we be friends"

Video: "Tired tired wait till i tell brother Pea about my day"

jason said...

Haha... Pumpkin probably was the "naughtiest and friendliest" dog there. Teach slowly lah.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online