Wednesday, November 21, 2007

EZI CHEESE from BEE CHENG HIANG

After sending my precious SnowPea off for grooming at a petshop in SS2, I ended up walking into Bee Cheng Hiang, a famous barbequed meat shop originated from Singapore. I usually patron this place once a year to get their barbequed meat for Chinese New Year so I had no idea why I ended up there that day. Perhaps it was fated for me to discover their new product which came in the form of individual wrapped bite-size snack.

While I was pretty sure the bottom layer is a piece of barbequed meat, the upper layer looked like something soft and off-yellowish white in colour. I was shocked as it looked like a piece of LARD to me. Out of curiousity, I grabbed a packet of it and headed to the counter. I was told that it's CHEESE! Phew....now that sound so much more edible isn't it? Pretty interesting so I bought a packet which is priced at RM8.50 per 100 gram.

The cheesey side

The meaty side


Tastewise, the thin slice of cheese didn't manage to give a cheesey taste to the dried meat. I love the barbequed meat though, tasty and soft. As I mentioned earlier, this not-so-cheap bite-size snack costs RM8.50 for 100 gram (approximately 7 - 8 pieces). I think the next time when I eat my barbequed meat with bread, I will put in a slice of cheddar cheese to see if it tastes the same. Hehehe..not bad idea eh?

Anyway, if you are interested to try, check it out from Bee Cheng Hiang outlet nearest to you.


18 comments:

ling239 said...

the DIY version should be much cheaper right ? and if u regret in adding the cheese it is still not too late... ^_^

boo_licious said...

Thanks for the snack! The meat part was yummy but not the cheese bit. Great idea to add cheese to the sandwich, I reckon it shld be melted cheese for the ultimate effect! Yum.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

hmm yeah lor..just put it in the toaster..bread, cheese and bbq meat!

myCoffee said...

Cheese and bak kwa? Hmmm, never thought of this combination before. Interesting but sounds a bit "jelak"?
ps: Any updates on Pea and Pumpkin? ;-)

gourmand extraordinaire said...

Bite Me's the food blog that I decided to come upwith after reading yours. I've been a reader for awhile now but I've never commented or anything hehe.. Shoulda done that from the start no?

Precious Pea said...

ling239: Definitely cheaper. This one too small to put sandwiched between bread.

boo: No problem..tot it was quite unique, that is why I decided to buy for us to try. Good idea...will melt the cheese a little.

Joe: SLURPS! Will do just that and blog about the outcome. HAHAH!!

mycoffee: Errm..no jelak taste for this mini ones, probably also cos the cheese was too thin. Ok..update on Pea and Pumpkin coming SOON!

gourmand extraordinaire: Welcome to food blogging! Hahaha..and thank you for visiting my blog a this while and it's always nice to get comments.. :)

Imbi & Itchy said...

my colleague always buys them and distribute them in the office when we use to have our company's outlet facing this Bakwa chain. initially was taken back with the idea of cheese and bakwa, but one bite .. heavenly good! will try out DIY version, who knows .. might be another killer eh ..

jason said...

Ohh... add some chicken or pork floss also. *drool*

tigerfish said...

Woah, new product eh?
Some bakeries such as BreadTalk in Sg has those buns with chopped/cubed dried meat and glazed with something that taste like cheese. I think the saltish-ness in the cheese and sweetness in the bak kwa go quite well.

sungimann said...

Really interesting combination. Thanks for the update.

What will they think next in this world of fusion?

Precious Pea said...

imbi & itchy: The bakwa so nice hor? I also like their bacon version...so sinfully good.

Jason: Good idea!!! And a dollop of chili sauce and few slices of cucumber?

tigerfish: Breadtalk here got no such version :(

sungimann: Harlow and welcome to my blog. I guess fusion is the 'in' thing now, appeals to the young generation I guess?

MeiyeN said...

wow... this is like so new! i love cheese... i must drop by to try ;)

New Kid on the Blog said...

Is this cheese???

Ee Chian said...

TQ for belanja'ing me!

Precious Pea said...

meiyen: Hope you like it too.

nkotb: Yes...cheese!

mama bok said...

Donch think i would like the cheese either..! give me the meat anytime.. ;)

East Meets West Kitchen said...

This is new and interesting to me. Must grab some and try next time I get back there.

Precious Pea said...

mamabok: Good stuff but sadly, very unhealthy to have it all the time.

east meets west kitchen: Good as souvenirs as well.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online