Sunday, December 16, 2007

OPERA FASHION CAFE @ Plaza Damas, Sri Hartamas

A sweet discovery! Thanks to my Makan Gang member, I was brought to a nice cafe one fine Sunday afternoon for coffee and cakes. Owned by Mr Takashi Kato and his wife, Opera Fashion Cafe is located at the ground floor of Mayfair Service Apartment in Plaza Damas, Sri Hartamas. As the name implies, Opera Fashion Cafe offers not only food but also latest fashion such as jeans and children clothings from Japan. Japanese series or movies DVDs are also available here.


But of course, I was more interested in their cakes. I spotted a large open kitchen at the corner back of the shop and all cakes are baked in-house! One will be spoilt with choices as various desserts are available here ranging from colourful sponge cakes to cheese cake, tartlets to scones.


I spotted some good-looking loaves of Pumpkin Cakes! It looks like one of their best sellers and regret not buying during my first visit as I was told it was sold-out during my subsequent visit.

My Makan Gang member told me that their afternoon tea set is really value for money. At only RM10, you get to choose a slice of cake on their display and you also get a cup of Illy coffee as well. It's really worth it as the Strawberry Shortcake I chose was already priced at RM8 per slice. Now, isn't this milk container cute? Milk is poured out via the NOSE!

As mentioned earlier, I opted for the Strawberry Shortcake which is priced at RM8 if you order it separately from the set. Fresh strawberries in fresh cream are sandwiched between layers of vanilla sponge. Not too sweet, the shortcake was light and yummy.


For something chocolatey, I chose this delectable triangular shape chocolate cake which was formed by chocolate cream and blocks of sponge cake of different colours. I couldn't recall the name of this cake and it was not available on my second visit. Sigh! Recommended if you are a chocolate lover.


This is another masterpiece of chocolate sponge cake filled with chocolate and strawberry cream. Not bad but I prefer the earlier triangular shape chocolate cake as it has got less cream.


I revisited the place after having lunch at a nearby restaurant last week and decided to pop in to grab some cakes for my colleagues since they treated me a birthday lunch. I have no idea at all how they taste like but I took a picture of them anyway.

Looks yummy!!

Strawberry Yogurt - My colleague commented that the cake is full of bits and pieces of fresh strawberries. However, she said too much yogurt, hence it was a bit too sourish for her.

Opera House Cafe is located at:
Lot J01A, Plaza Damas
Jalan Sri Hartamas 1
Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-6203.1671


35 comments:

boo_licious said...

Cakes look good. I remember eating the tiramisu b4 when they were at Ikano, yummy and light

wenching & esiong said...

Wow, a place selling Japanese movies n dvds? I'll be flying over there when I'm free!

Anyway, the strawberry shortcake looks so pretty!

Cokeworld Citizen said...

!!!! Japanese cakes!!! Aiyer...so many strawberries...so many cakes! *jelous jelous* RM8 mah cheap lo...I had sgd6.80 cake before...sakit hati but had to...hahaha no durian cakes in japanese cakeshop? XD

Jun said...

the triangular choc cake looks the most tantalising. if i were the designer of the milk container, i'd let the milk flow from the udder ;p

Kenny said...

The milk container, the milk do look more like came out from mouth than nose, hehe^^
cake look delicious

Precious Pea said...

boo: I will try their tiramisu if they are available at my next visit.

wenching & esiong: Oooo..so you are a big fan of Japanese movie/series? Grab some cakes to go along with the movies too! Hehe.

cokeworld citizen: Yahwor..cheap cos nowadays also cakes so expensive yet so so only. Durian ar? Hehe...let me check out if they have it or not.

june: Hahaha...exactly. I tot it would be more realistic if the milk comes from downunder. HAHAHAHA!!!

kenny: Oppss...you are rite. It was coming out from the mouth and not nose.

sc said...

looks nice wor..but some looks a lil heavy on the cream..

Big Boys Oven said...

Cool! this is a place to be... japanese is a hot hot thingy now! Will definitely drop by, thanks for the info!

MamaBoK said...

yummy..!! might be a wee bit too sweet for me.. ;)

ai wei said...

jap jap jap dessert!!! i must fly over for some!!! drooling*

btw, the milk container is soooo cute!!! moooowwww

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

aiyo recently got sugar cravings, after scrolling down, the saliva all coming out d lar..terror..

Precious Pea said...

sc: Agree..some laden with fresh cream which I don't really fancy too.

bbo: No problem, good things must be shared :)

mamabok: Personally, I find those cakes not that sweet.

ai wei: Fly? Hehehe..I would like to see that! The milk container cute hor? Next time must ask where they bought it.

NJoe: Sugar cravings!!! What happened to you???

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

It certainly looks yummy. Typically japanese - light, airy and pretty! hehe.

Nic (KHKL) said...

ohhh...no wonder sounds so familiar...i think they have a branch at ikano...realised that when i saw the pumpkin cake...the cakes there are unique!

daphne said...

wah..those cakes... *drooling*

Big Boys Oven said...

Great to see more japanese bakers are coming to malaysia, we have the loaf and also this one, fanatstic! We adoee japanese bakers! lol!

MeiyeN said...

oh i want, i want! da cowy.. is cute.. so cute.... :D

ling239 said...

when they were in Ikano i remember they like to add those gold flakes on the cake, are they still doing so ? :p

Kenny Mah said...

I'll definitely go for the triangular chocolate cake as I'm a big Choc-head myself, hehe. And all them fresh strawberries... Yummies... :D

♥ ♡ Alvin ♡ ♥ said...

milk container, cow cow is so cute la where can i get this hehehe..

wmw said...

The cow must be very full since its milk is coming out from its nose! LOL!

Precious Pea said...

lyrical lemongrass: Yes, their presentation so pretty and I am a big time sucker for sweet and nice packaging.

nic(khkl): Boolicious also told me that, but if not mistaken, that outlet already closed.

daphne: :) Maybe you can try make some Japanese Cheesecake?? I am still looking for the recipe..you have?

bbo: The owner also super friendly, i like this place :)

meiyen: Cute hor..ok, next time i will ask the owner where to buy.

ling239: I didn't notice any cakes with gold flakes that day.

kenny mah: Ok....as Christmas pressie then?? ;)

alvin: Will ask and let you know cos i want it too.

Precious Pea said...

wmw: Actually my mistake..it came out from the mouth and not nose. hehehe...but i tot it should be coming from down under..lol! MILK THE COW!!! (with Jay Chou's cowboy song in the background)

~Christine~Leng said...

oh my.. what a temptation! everything looks so good!
and the cow milk container is very cute! wish to get one for myself.LoL :P

Imbi & Itchy said...

hey Ivy, do you recall if they have Castella there ? its also called Kasutera or Honey Cake.

Furkids in Hong Kong said...

Nice cosy place,
Great tasting coffee,
Tantalizing cakes.....

What a wonderful way to spend a few hours!

ai wei said...

don't forget to tell us where to get the container if u have asked the owner ^^

ekeng said...

OMG...i want..i want..i want the cow..haha..very cute oh :)

Precious Pea said...

Christine and Aiwei: Let me ask the owner on where to get the moo moo cow and then I will inform you. Hehe.

imbi & itchy: Errr..not that I know of. But will look out for it next visit. Very nice issit?

furkids in hongkong: Best still if dogs are allowed! Sigh..don't think it's ever possible over here.

ekeng: Cutie indeed. If i manage to get it, i will have coffee all day long! Hahaha!

Jackson said...

wawawa!! i wan to go!!

tigerfish said...

As long as there's chocolate in the cake, I like. hee hee...

aye, the milk come out from cow's mouth meh! I think they should design something that outputs from the bladder/udder. Oh so fresh leh! Hahha!

Jason said...

The cow is so cute... but it does look like it's having a flu with mucuous flowing down from the nose... kekeke..

They sell Japanese anime too?? Wah.. I wonder if they got one title which I've been searching around for a long time.

Anonymous said...

Hi there.. I think this shop has closed down or maybe shifted elsewhere now.. Do you have any idea? Thanks.

Precious Pea said...

Anonymous: They have closed down? Aww..what a pity! They used to have an outlet at Bangsar Village but am not sure if it is still there.

Anonymous said...

hi this is a.j ...i was working with opera ...so i wana tell u dat all out lets are closed nw ..........no more opera in malaysia...........

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online