Friday, January 04, 2008

GRILLED WINGS WITH ROASTED POTATOES

Recently, I discovered that I have fallen in love all over again....with my newly found best friend, Mr Oven! Weekends will never be the same as I now have a new collection of cookbooks and I intend to experiment it with Mr Oven once a week! So excited as I also plan to bake my very first batch of cookies for the Chinese New Year too!

I got to do a bit of self-praising here cos the Grilled Chicken Wings that I made during Christmas day turned out so well. I marinated it with dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, chinese shaoxing wine, a dash of fish sauce and Manuka honey. Throw in a batch of lightly smashed whole garlic (with skin) and let it marinade for at least more than 2 hours, preferably overnight to allow the wonderful garlic aroma to infuse into the chicken wings. Grill it for about 20 minutes; 10 minutes for each side. The chicken wings turned out FANTASTIC! Juicy and very well marinated, hence superbly TASTY!
ChicWings


As a side dish, I also whipped up my specialty; Roast Potatoes with Bacon! Pretty easy to do as all you need is (1) peel the potatoes and use a fork to 'carve' the outer layer all over. (2) Cut into smaller pieces, in my case, each potato divided into 6 smaller pieces and boil it with salt water for about 5 minutes. (3) Drained and arrange it on the baking tray. (4) Next, cut the strips of bacon into smaller pieces and spread it all over the potatoes. (5) Add in a teaspoon of butter and a few dashes of mixed herbs and (6) dump it into the oven and roast it for about 15 minutes or until brown. If you like onions, you can put it in 5 minutes before the dish is ready!
Potato


Wanna have a clue on what I cooked next??? Grilled Lamb Chop and Garlic Butter Prawns! So stay tuned!

26 comments:

kennymah said...

Wow... that Roast Potatoes with Bacon looks amazing. Can I have some, pwetty pwease?

And got teaser some more for next dishes... I'm sure to stay tuned to this channel, hehe.

Jun said...

ooh...now i know wat ur specialties are ;p next time can order liao *LOL*

Jason said...

The picture hor.. makes me hor, wanna throw away my lunch box...

Hubby said...

With all the roasting you have done so far and planned to do, I felt so glad that we decided to get oven. A great investment!! Hahaha

Keep up the good work. And keep' em coming... slurrpss

Precious Pea said...

kennymah: Of course you can, owe you for helping me with the lovely banner. Ok...roasted potatoes with bacon is what you will get! Will call you when i do it again. :)

jun: Ahem...you think hor...err..err..i can open a restaurant or not? Hehe.

Jason: LOL!! Next time don't visit food blogs during meal time. ;)

hubby: Thank you for the wonderful oven. Love it lots and I will sure keep em coming until you JELAK!!! WUAHAHHAAHHA! :)

daphne said...

that looks GREAT with lovely flavours infused!! Love Mr oven as well. hahha.. it's almost like one pot dish! LOL

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

I love Mr Oven too. I've been dusting mine recently and plan to experiment with a few dishes. Your grilled chicken wings look really scrumptious. I shall try out that marinade. Mmmmm.

tigerfish said...

I lost Mr. Oven when I moved. :(
Now, my kitchen has no oven.
But this is definitely a keeper if I ever meet Mr. Oven again! Ha!

Live2Talk said...

eh not enuff for me to taste ka? aisey next time save a tiny piece for me can ah?

Jessica said...

delicous! delicious! i oso want to try to cook this liao!! thx for sharing the recipe.

ekeng said...

Siew Gai Yek...Wor Zhong Yi Sek..But now i wanna change it to Mr.Oven Kai Yek, Wor Zhong Yi Sek..haha :)

Precious Pea said...

daphne: Yah, dump everything into the oven and a meal is ready! Am so so in love :)

lyrical lemongrass: Ooooo...you are rekindling your love affair with Mr Oven?? Hehehe...let me know how your wings turn out yah.

tigerfish: Awwww..hope you can find back your love soon. ;)

live2talk: My hubby complained 3 pcs per person not enuff...so where got extra to bring for you leh? Next time ok? Next time. :)

jessica: Happy cooking!

ekeng: Hahaha! Can imagine you singing.

MyF said...

Chicken looks very juicy... mmmm!

catsndogs said...

hey hey .. can i drop by ur house to say hi to Mr.Oven , and don mind if i have a chat wit the Mr.Lamb Chop and MIss Garlic butter prawns :P
whahaha

wenching & esiong said...

Happy New Year!!

The chicken wings really look delicious!! Really hope to taste it! :D

Furkids in Hong Kong said...

The food looks divine.

The pics are splendid!

Now I'll just look at them and drool.

Wahh!!! I want!!!

Precious Pea said...

myf: Oh yes, very juicy and tasty indeed :p~~~ Feels like having some now too..sigh.

catsndogs: You can drop by to visit Mr Oven but Mr LambChop and Ms Garlic Butter Prawns gone long long long time ago...to a place far far away...

wenching & esiong: Really easy to make and i think the marination is good for fried chicken wings too.

Furkids in Hong Kong: There is a stall in HK, in Wan Chai, opposite Wharney Hotel where I stayed last time. At night got one bbq chic wing stall in front of a cafe....so so good. I can still remember how good it was.

mama bok said...

Wow..!! that's so good looking..!! i'm gonna have to try making some.. ;) I love my oven.. but it is under utilized.. :(

Precious Pea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wmw said...

Sob! Sob! I will not be able to see you from my house anymnore...but don't forget to invite me for dinner with Mr Oven? ;o)

Imbi & Itchy said...

i loveee the colour of your chicken wings, it all turn out sooo delish! may i extend another title to you ? Hehehe .. Grilled Chicken Wing Queen!

Cokeworld Citizen said...

Aiyer...I want an oven also...then I can have cheese kaya thick toast everyday and extinct honey chicken wings!!!

a feast, everyday said...

wow, definitely a good investment, ur oven, I mean. Look so yummy, d chicken n potato, i mean.

Big Boys Oven said...

today I saw HoChaik introducing chicken wings stall at puchong.... and I am seeing chicken wings here too.... sounds like it is chicken wings craz!..lol!

Precious Pea said...

bbo: Hahaha..and i just had MORE in Bkk! Chicken wing rocks!! Yumzz!

droolteam: Oh yes...money well spent i agreed.

cokeworld citizen: Kaya toast?? Isn't it toaster easier?? Hehehe...honey chic wings..i like i like!

imbi & itchy: Hahaha..seems like I earned lots of royal title now.

wmw: Awww, don't be sad. There are always meeting up for food, email, blog, tel, msn, etc...

mamabok: Perhaps it's time to mend your relationship with Mr Oven now ;)

Cokeworld Citizen said...

With cheese ontop how to put into toaster? Cheese is melted ontop of the thick toast pre-spread with kaya....yumz!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online