Wednesday, January 23, 2008

SCARING THE S**T OUT OF ME!

Taking opportunity of the day off today, Hubby and I went for medical check-up as requested by the Australian Immigration for our PR application. Yes, that is a good news for us after months of waiting, we finally asked to go for medical check-up for visa purposes. We went to one of the listed panel doctors in PJ State. Service was excellent as each application is followed through by an assistant from beginning till the end.

First stop, urine test. I cleared by bladder before leaving home so I stood there drowning myself cups after cups of water. It was rather a long journey for the water to travel down my bladder as I only felt like going to the toilet half an hour later. Perhaps I was dehydrated? Anyway, things proceeded well, even when they poked me with a syringe. Sob Sob Sob!

The final part was the Chest X-Ray. The medical assistant who took my X-ray was a very sweet girl who just couldn't stop smiling at me. After my X-Ray was taken, I changed back to my clothes and waited outside. About 10 minutes later, another medical assistant called for me and told me to go back to the X-Ray room again. Once I stepped in, she told me that the first X-ray shows some abnormalities and thus, the doctor requested for another X-ray to be taken sideway. My heart was pumping and I was almost bursting into tears. I asked her what is wrong? She told me the Doctor found 'something' and to double confirm, the Doctor needs another X-ray to be done. Since I know she won't know a single thing, I decided not to ask further. But my mind was turning round and round and round. What is the 'something'? A Growth? Cancer? TB? I AM TOO YOUNG TO DIE SO SOON!!

I was then asked to see the doctor in charge of my case. She did a few examination on me including pressing my back and abdominal area; asking me to voice out if there is any pain. Luckily, it was painless. I decided not to ask but to wait for her to reveal the bad news and she finally brought up what she found in the X-ray. She showed me and I was SHOCKED! (I was too shocked till I forgotten to ask if I could take a picture of it).

Our lungs are supposed to be symmetrical, both right and left. But I was told that left side of my lung is shorter by 1/3 from the right side. Where is the rest of 1/3 of my lungs? The Doctor explained that my case is rare, however there's nothing to worry about as I was born with it! She assured me that it won't pose any risk on my health! As the Australian Immigration pretty strict with the X-ray result, that is why she needs to take another copy to double confirm my case.

Now, I truly knows the meaning of SIGH OF RELIEF...PHEEEEWWW!!!!


26 comments:

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

so your lungs ARE asymmetrical after all! Looks like everybody is leaving for Oz. I can understand why too. It is the land of milk n honey (so much food!) n it is TRULY multi-racial n Kevin Rudd is half-Chinese. Good move, and best wishes to u!

Furkids in Hong Kong said...

Wa, you had me worried too for a while!

It's good to know that, in the end, the doctor has reassured you that this will not affect your health in any way.

Good health, and long life!

boo_licious said...

Glad to read that everything is fine!

Nic (KHKL) said...

sigh of relief, indeed! pheww!!!well, this goes to show that we should treasure every moment spend on this lovely planet :)

Anonymous said...

will you take pea with you??

Terri

Precious Pea said...

terri: Melbourne is like my second home, probably cos my one and only sister is residing there. Perfect place to retire don't you think? Oh definitely Pea and Pumpkin will be going with us. If they can't go, i won't go. I just cannot bear the thought of separating with them both.

furkids: I was really really really scare. I thought 'that's it'. Phew...

boo: Thanks :) but from now on, I will go for more regular check-ups. This time I am lucky but never know about the next time though.

nic(khkl): So true! I felt so lucky and blessed :)

MeiyeN said...

omg... it really scared me when i first read it! glad to hear that there's nothing wrong with it.. just born with it so cheers! :D

yammylicious said...

phew! you scare mii!! great now eveyrthing is fine! better take good care of yourself ya! =)

ling239 said...

what a shock.... =.="
glad that u r perfectly healthy ~

Precious Pea said...

meiyen: Like what my cousin said..am officially declared as 'handicapped'.
Wonder if I drink lots of pig's lungs soup will help. HAHA!

yammylicious: Thanks! I will :) Feels reborn again.

ling239: Shocking right?? That is also the reason why i hate to go for check up cos i very scare they have bad news to tell me.

Imbi & Itchy said...

thank god, its nothing seriousss .. while reading it, my heart was pumping too! heyyy, good that you're moving to melbourne, the food i heard is excellent stuff!

Agnes said...

scare me when i read about it but glad that there's nothing wrong with u!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

omg..thats scary also man!..but yeah!!! someone can join me in australia..well i hope la..bcoz my boss sure has his ways of convincing me to stay

Precious Pea said...

imbi&itchy: Yeah...Melbourne is also a food heaven and fresh produce are abundant :)

agnes: Thanks :) Phewwww

NJoe: Eh, go to Melbourne la!!

wmw said...

Aiyah...you nearly scared the S**T out of me!!!! Glad all is well. Only got time to hop around a bit...been busy!

Jun said...

eh u applying for aus pr oso?? whr u gng?? come visit me, i take u makan around adelaide! *grin*

Precious Pea said...

wmw: I am pretty busy too with the house moving stuffs. It's not as easy as i thought. Anyway, catch up with you soon. :)

jun: 'oso'? U mean you also applying for PR? Me going Melbourne and I will sure come visit you! Haha!

Jason said...

Waaa.. that sounds scary, luckily it's nothing serious! *hugs*

Christy said...

Thank God you are fine!:)
Don't worry, just feel unique ya;)
Always look at the positive side!!:D

~Christine~Leng said...

don't scare yourself next time k?
You scared me gal!
it's ok now :)
with lungs 1/3 shorter, it'll not affect your health :)
Live life to the fullest! yay :)

mama bok said...

I had the same scare when i was doing my immigration thingie.. but everything was alright. I wonder if the immigration doctor do it.. just because .. muahhahaha!! coz' i had to do it again.. twice..!!

Cynthia said...

Whew! did not even realise I was holding my breath! I am so glad that it is nothing to worry about. Sigh of relief indeed!

Precious Pea said...

cynthia: :) Yes, I really felt so blessed that it turned out alright after all.

mamabok: Now you mention it, i agree too. For the extra copy of x-ray, they charged me additional amount. Hmmm..you are right!!!

christine: Hehe....not my fault ler..the medical assistant is the culprit. Scare me almost to death.

christy: Haha..ya lor..so unique...my cousin officially declared me as 'HANDICAPPED'

Jason: *HUGSHUGSHUGS*

Kheng Leong said...

Harcho....Lucky you ok wor. No worries lah, Jasmine say TB won't die wan...

Precious Pea said...

Unkaleong: I not worried about TB lor since won't die wan..i scare tumour or cancer ma.

teckiee said...

ahhh my first time hearing of a asymmetrical lungs ...kind of cool ;p

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online