Wednesday, February 27, 2008

UNFORGETTABLE BEEF NOODLE

During our stay at Samran Place two visits ago, we happened to discover a very good beef noodle shop nearby. Sadly they don't have a business card, and due to communication problem, I wasn't able to get the address. So I hope my direction below would helps.
IMGP3997

Served in clear beef broth, just choose your preferred choice of noodle (by pointing at it); vermicelli or kuey teow or even rice, and your preferred type of cuts ranging from brisket, rare beef slices, beef balls, intestines, lungs, etc. As for me, I opted for vermicelli to go with brisket, beef balls and slices of rare beef. For only RM4, my bowl was covered with my chosen ingredients. You can't even see the noodle! Trust me, for the amount of beef I get from 1 bowl here is equivalent to 3 bowls combined in KL. I have to brush the beef aside to expose the vermicelli.
IMGP3993

The broth was clear yet full of flavour. This is the first time that I didn't mind having coriander in my soup as it really enhance the taste. Not forgetting the bits and pieces of crispy lard. Yes, LARD! Sugar, chili flakes and fish sauce are provided but the soup was already tasty enough. But still, I just couldn't resist from adding a few dash of fish sauce. EXTRA OMMPPHH!! So good till Hubby was eyeing my soup, no way, this is something which I will not share! Bouncy beef balls, super tender briskets and perfectly cooked rare beef slices...so good that we ended up having this 3 times within our 2 nights stay! I was telling Hubby that while editing the photo, I felt like crying cos I miss this beef noodle terribly.
IMGP3995

What is your definition of 'tender' brisket? Once you put this into your mouth, you will know.
IMGP3929

For all beef lovers out there who is planning a trip to Bangkok, do give this place a try!

Location Location Location!!
It's at one of those sidelane off Petchburi Road. From Samran Place, turn left and walk straight till you come to a lane on your left. The beef noodle shop is the second shop on your right. Open from morning till late afternoon, this place is popular among the locals and I even noticed some write-ups in their local press being pasted on the wall.

25 comments:

yammylicious said...

the way u tok about ur bowl of lovely beef noodle make my mouth darn watering!! =( i wish i can hv a bowl of this now!

ling239 said...

very unforgettable indeed...
looks so good must have tasted delicious ~ ^_^

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

tt really brought my digestive juices out. wish i found ur blog b4 i went to BKK.

Jason said...

If only my friends would agree to stay at Samran Place, then maybe I can go and hunt for it.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

So it's basically a bowl of beef with noodles as garnishing lar. Amazing. There's a whole cow in there.

Nic (KHKL) said...

aiyoh, this is killing ...i agree with you lar! in general, i find the soup base kinda sweet and refreshing. got lard someomore! did they provide those free-flow raw beansprouts and basil leaves?

Jun said...

yeah i miss the thai beef noodles too :( oh well, guess i can't reli complain cos the viet beef noodles are pretty decent as well ;)

sc said...

hope i can find it when i'm in BKK later this year! thanks pea!

wmw said...

*FAINTS....Gets up, see pic of beef noodles...FAINTS....*

Hazza said...

Never seen beef noodle soup like this before! So full of meat and looks relatively light and healthy too. No wonder you did not want to share!

~Christine~Leng said...

wow..another trip to Bangkok :)
the portion looks abundant! lotsa ingredients! yummy ;P

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

OK! must try this in april wahahahahha..and i shall take even more photos for you!

daphne said...

What a coincidence, I just blogged about beef noodles too.. except mine was beef brisket. Pass me a spoon for that broth! It sounds lovely!!

Precious Pea said...

daphne: Issit? Will hop over to your blog in a second to feast my eyes! @_@

NJoe: Can't wait to see your photos then.

Christine: Yalor..so big serving and full of 'liu'.

Hazza: It's really nice. If only i can have it everyday! Hahaha!

wmw: Got lard leh....i know you sure will like. Wake up wake up *slap slap slap*

sc: Ooo..you going to Bangkok too? Cool! Do drop me a line if you still not too sure about the location.

jun: I love Pho too..just won't get sick from eating it. Pho is so good in Ozzieland rite?

nic: This type no free flow of basil and beansprouts. The crunchy beansprouts and lettuces were added into the soup when served.

luscious sista: LOL! I like the way you described the noodle!

Jason: Samran Place not poshy but it's convenient, clean, cheap and best of all, lots of food! Try to convince them la..hehe. But do book early cos such a big group.

terri: Nowadays AirAsia so cheap, can always make a trip there. Airasia do fly KK-BKK?

ling239: Still feels like crying thinking of the noodle. I wish i can have a bowl of it right now.

yammylicious: Hehehehe...err..it's really good lor. No exaggerating one.

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

they used to but not anymore :(

Cokeworld Citizen said...

wow wow!!!!!! Beef noodle!!!!!!! I havent have one since i came back from spore...lolz...RM4 so cheap!!! A bowl in Penang costs between RM5-RM7 :S

heh their lard is the best...still remember the bowl of wantan mee in phuket...the lard is crispylicious...why msian lard kenot be that good eh...

teckiee said...

moo moo dark cow have you any meat... yes maam maam... 3 kilograms...

JOjo said...

Come! Come! To a small town call Kluang, right in the center of Johor (if there is any such chance).

Just ask around, there are 2 stalls of famous beef noodles in this hometown of mine for as long as i can remember. Very nice! Even i don't take beef (don't like the taste), i still eat their noodles and soup.Haha,weird hor?

Definitely worth a try. =)

Jj said...

Thai Noodle? Hmm... I am addicted to it. My colleague and I will always have noodle for our lunch. Its so addictive that if we skip a day or two, its like forever.


Thank God I can have it whenever I want it(I wish I can take it home-Mal- on my holidays).

wenching & esiong said...

Wow, seems really really delicious as you described it. Too bad it's in Thailand, don't think we can have the chance to try it out!

JeromeFo- 杰龙 said...

Omg...the beef is so lovely.
Good shot of those pics!

Precious Pea said...

jeremofo: Thanks for leaving me a comment and the compliment. Do come more often yah? :)

wenching & esiong: Aiyoo....why no chance? Am sure you both will have a chance to visit Bangkok in near future.

jj: Lucky you! I love their noodles very much. So different from those in KL.

jojo: Kluang I shall come one day to conquer the two beef noodle stalls! Hahaha...no eat beef but drink beef soup..i guess it's really good then. Am convinced!

teckie: Hahaha...pls sing to me when i see you yah?

Precious Pea said...

terri: In that case, you stopover in KL, i bring you for good Hokkien Noodle :)

cokeworld citizen: You tried the pig's skin keropok or not? SO sinful biting into it. It's like eating prawn cracker deep fried with pork oil hor? But this one, way way more sinful. LOL!

Junkgirl said...

This looks a bit like the Vietnamese pho. I wonder if it tasted the same.

Cokeworld Citizen said...

oh i havent try which is one of my regrets after coming back from phuket (before tsunami)

but the wan tan mee i tried there has skin attached to lard! lolz...first time nampak...i usually dun eat lard but I wallop all that day...hehehe *lards with wide evil grin, sendiri pun grin*

feels like eating snek...just that its super packed with calories and fats :S

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online