Tuesday, September 23, 2008

PETER'S FISH MARKET @ GOLD COAST

Just shortly before arriving at Sea World, we passed by the luxurious and most expensive hotel in Australia, Palazzo Versace Hotel and right at the side across a small road, my sister told us that we must make a stop there on the way back. Peter's Fish Market is the name and it offers fresh seafood to takeaway or you can simply order fish and chips to eat at their al-fresco dining area.
P9070289

Quite a variety of seafood available here such as calamari, baby octopus, scallop, oyster, mussel, caviar, smoked salmon and etc..
P9070285

Fresh Fish fillet! Perfect for fish and chips! Apart from Barramundi (siakap) and flounder, the rest of the fish sounded pretty alien to me. Anyone heard of Red Emperor and Mangrove fish in Malaysia? Definitely a good news for Dory-phobic person like me.
P9070287

Moreton Bay Bugs are from the lobster family. I might be wrong, but it looked like slipper lobster to me. I was tempted to try, but it was already pre-cooked and displayed on ice. Thawing available but how nice could it be after thawing?
P9070284

Cooked prawns..also served on ice. Looks good, so we bought some to try.
P9070283

My sis grabbed a box of Fish and Chips to share. It came with deep fried calamaris, fish nuggets and lots of chips. It was really good! The batter was light and crispy. No craps like what we had in Sea World. Am amazed with the chips, it was crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. Crispy till the last piece! BIG THUMBS UP!
P9070294

I was disappointed with the cooked prawns. First of all, we have to buy our own wasabi soya sauce. Wasabi? What wasabi? Couldn't taste any wasabi at all. Pricey too! Secondly, the prawns were overcooked. Flesh was tough and chewy. Icy cold prawns just not for me. Bummer!
P9070292

I do recommend the Fish and Chips here if you happen to visit Sea World. Visit their website for their location and operating hours HERE.

In the meantime, the highlight of my Gold Coast trip is on the way.......

26 comments:

Food Promotions said...

We would like to invite you to visit http://foodpromotions.blogspot.com/

Cheers
FP

eXodus said...

one thing i do notice about ang moh fish market is that they tend to pre cook the shellfish dunno why like tht

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

yeah i like the huge variety of fishes around..bay bugs has a lobster meat kind of texture

ganache-ganache said...

The calamari looked so perfectly fried, I don't like mine soaking in oil & those chips, Oh my, crispy outside fluffy inside, wow !!!

Lianne said...

wahhh .. those scallops and longgg calamari ring ah, calling me le

J2Kfm said...

wah ..choose your own fish? not bad lah! all fresh somemore. pricey?

jason said...

Suddenly thought of WMW! Haha..

RUN WITH THE WAVE said...

Hey there! Check out my website at www.runwiththewave.com Come and experience the waves of Penang! Join us for a BBQ buffet at the beach this Christmas with watersports activities included.

Simon Seow said...

I miss the Fish & Chip in UK. Great to be eaten with vinegar.

Precious Pea said...

FP: Great job! Keep up the good work!

exodus: I wonder too. Maybe more convenient for them to pack and eat straight away? Don't think they will ever steam or stir-fry 'kam heong' style at home..hehe. But i find cold shellfish very hard to digest. Jelak after few bites.

NJoe: Wait till i can find raw bugs then I will cook it and try. I just don't trust those pre-boiled and chilled.

ganache-ganache: Agree. I don't like those soaking with oil too. This one was done perfectly. Chips were really good.

lianne: Hehehe...why why? No fresh calamari over there?

j2kfm: I didn't really notice the price cos I didn't intend to buy. Not a fan of fish, and am a person who prefer fish with bones rather than fillet.

jason: HUH?? Why WMW? Cos she won't ever want to step into this shop? Haha!

run with the wave: Thanks for the information, will certainly check it out.

simon: Yes yes...in Cairns, all chips served with vinegar. But i still prefer chili sauce leh.

Nic (KHKL) said...

recipes are coming to my mind when i read about those fishes...

woah, if you stay there, i'm sure you'll come up with lotsa fish recipes! ;D

CUMI & CIKI said...

the fresh fish looks amazing. nothing like getting it cooked for you on the spot and chowing down! lol

Live2Talk said...

Some of those fish & chips out there are really crappy. If fresh fish, isn't it grill better?

Lianne said...

noppppppppeeee, don´t have worrrr .. unless go to nearest city lohhhh, but so sian hor

ling239 said...

oh, wat a pity...
the prawns look really good! >.<'

Precious Pea said...

nic: Wahh..mind sharing your recipe? I provide fish, you cook!

cumi & ciki: Yes, any fresher than that i will have it sashimi style! Haha! And I did, at another place. Well, that would be in another post.

live2talk: Their chips really nice. I think Asian like grilled instead of deepfried.

lianne: Never mind la..you coming back oledi for a short holiday..eat until cukup cukup ok?

ling239: That was what i thought so too!

Jessica said...

wah very tempting lar. so you and hubby had plenty of fun in gold coast eh? *drools at pics of scallops and lobsters*

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

me n wey r also avoid dory bc of the mud taste. yes, know what u mean about ready cooked seafood-cold n bland. yum, love those big fat fries.

Precious Pea said...

jessica: Yeah! We had a blast time in Gold Coast! Nice place for holiday!

Terri: I scare of Dory cos before wedding, I was on strict diet regime. I had dory almost 5x a week for lunch and it was only either grilled (without sauce) or boiled. Now the sight of dory also i scare.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

I had the same premixed soy wasabi sauce at the Sydney Fish Market. Yeah, what wasabi! :-P

sc said...

the calamaris looks scrumptious! *drools*

Christy said...

So much seafood!!!~ Lucky you....and too bad about the prawns...looks nice from the outside; but not on the inside..sighs!~
Deception of the seafood...or the Prawns:p

Denise ^ ChiCkyEGG said...

Hey I missed this place! Yaya, the fish & chip was surperb! and did you go in the Versace Hotel? Did you notice their water-tab in the washroom is Versace logo as well? ARGH! I missed GC.

White on Rice Couple said...

All this wonderful crab and seafood is making me delirious! I'm so happy that you had such a marvelous time and you share it all so wonderfully too.
I always feel like I'm right there, eating along with you.

Precious Pea said...

lyrical lemongrass: It tasted like pure soy only right? What a ripoff. Next time i will bring my own wasabi, own soya sauce, own tomato and chili sauce. Ohh...maybe some cut chili padi too! ;)

sc: It was tasty too!

denise: No wor...didn't go into the hotel. Next time i will go and have a look at their washroom. Hehe!

whiteonricecouple: Am sure you are having a blast time in vietnam now. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

PC_2777 said...

My mom used to leave steamed crabs in fridge so easier to remove the flesh. It actually taste better cold, springy & flavorful.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online