Friday, January 16, 2009

A DREAM DATE @ MEATY HOUSE, USJ TAIPAN

"What would you do if you strike a RM20million jackpot?"

Dream, dream, dream...that was basically what we dreamt off on our first date. Previously known as MochaSourCream in the blogosphere, she now officially has a new name, thanks to me! I met RM20milBABE through my blog and eventually we ended up chatting online almost daily. Chatting with her always put a wide smile on my face. She is forever cheerful, chirpy and ahem, at most time crazy. She taught me a lot of stuff too. She was the one who taught me about Sports Toto RM20million jackpot and ways to buy the numbers. She was the one who taught me the "law of attraction". She said if you visualize on achieving something you desire, you will eventually achieve it. Now am using the law of attraction to win the RM20million jackpot. (Psstt...WOMAN, yes you! It isn't working lah!!!!)
1(picture courtesy of RM20milBabe)

We finally decided to meet for dinner and Meaty House in USJ Taipan was the chosen venue. I used to patron their outlet in Damansara Utama but was told that due to parking problem, they decided to close that outlet. The USJ outlet is located just a few doors away from Starbucks. The moment you enter the shop, you would have thought you entered a pork deli! I was told that they owned a pigs farm and produce sausages, hams, bacons and pork-related products to Tesco and if not mistaken, Giant too. Yes, all these are available for sale here. I have been buying Meaty products for quite some time now and do try their Garlic infused Taiwanese Sausage..good stuff!!
8
(picture courtesy of RM20milBabe)

Despite meeting each other for the first time, we immediately warmed up and starting yakking and laughing away. To quench our thirst, we each had a glass of Iced Barley Lime (RM3.80).
2(picture courtesy of RM20milBabe)

Am quite impressed with their menu. They have all the familiar dishes I used to have in their DU outlet as well as a few new ones. We started off sharing a bowl of my all-time favourite soup; Cream of Ham and Bacon served with a slice of toasted garlic bread (RM3.90). Smooth and creamy with tasty bacon bits, very tasty. This soup is slightly saltish because of the bacon but for pork lovers, I strongly recommend this.
3
(picture courtesy of RM20milBabe)

For the mains, we ordered two dishes to share. The Ribs and Sausages Platter (RM26.80) came with two medium-sized grilled ribs and 2 chunky German sausages served with two side dishes; salad and ermm..mushroom if I remember correctly. The pork ribs were not too bad. Well marinated and tender. The sausages were good too; firm and bouncy!
4
(picture courtesy of RM20milBabe)

Between the two main dishes we ordered, I would strongly recommend the Grilled Pork Belly (RM23.80), if you like fatty pork that is! Our plate came with 5 big pieces of sliced pork belly and 3 side dishes such as coleslaw, potato salad and boiled potatoes. We were in love with the pork belly which was perfectly balanced with the multi-layer of fats and meat. Very well marinated as the meat fully absorbed all the flavour. Very nice artery clogging dish!!
6
(picture courtesy of RM20milBabe)

After the wonderful meal, we continued to envision ourself being RM20 million richer and how the money would be spent, which charity to donate to, what would be our first meal after being a millionaire and etc....We laughed so hard, my jaw actually ached a little the next day. But I guess, as long as I don't kick myself to buy a ticket, this will only continue to be a dream. So the answer is NO! We are not hardcore gambler cos we only dream of winning without actually betting.

Oh well....we were definitely poorer by RM68.31 after this meal but we have a priceless time together.
There are many dishes here that I would love to try, such as the Crispy German Knuckle that smell so good when the waiter holding it walked pass our table. For porky fans, do try Meaty House which is located at:

37 Jalan USJ 10/1D
Taipan Triangle, Subang
Tel: 03-5633.5634

RM20milBABE! Nice knowing you and thanks for all the photos!! Meet up again soon for another crazy session yah?

22 comments:

CRIZ LAI said...

I'm aiming at the ribs and sausages now.. Now you see it.. now you don't.. hehe. Thanks for sharing. This looked like a great place to buy all those meaty stuffs. :)

http://crizfood.com/

babe_kl said...

i so missed their food. i used to go DU outlet too!!! knuckle was good too cos the skin very crispy

mimid3vils said...

Oh... I missed this when I was at that area, stupid me =.=''

Selba said...

Taiwenese sausage? What's inside it beside the garlic?

Barley Lime? whoaaa.. that's new for me, all this time, I only know plain barley with sugar :D

RM 20 Million Babe said...

Hahahaha....

U cannot doubt the Law of Attraction! It's "siew hei" wan... Tsk tsk tsk...

Y didn't u share abt the factory idea?? With non beef workers?? :P

It was nice meeting up with u too... meet again soon for crazy session? U r on, babe!!

PureGlutton said...

Yes u should definitely try their Pork Knuckle! It's pretty good!

jason said...

Haha, you didn't bring your own camera? :)

550ml jar of faith said...

That is a LOT of pork to stomach in one sitting... even the soup!! Got OD or not?

Jessica said...

i used to dine at their DU outlet....now so far away liao. but the food still looks good! yummm!

Precious Pea said...

Criz Lai: Hey, thanks for your email. That's really a good tips. I will reply your email in a short while.

babe: I will surely try their knuckle next. They have added quite a number of new items in their menu. Worth giving it a try!

mimid3vils: Go again with hubby?? Worth the trip you know...hehe.

selba: Taiwanese sausage is made with pork and comes in different flavour. It's almost like a cross between Chinese sausage with English sausage.

RM20milBabe: Our plan ar..i will share with the world when I really become the other RM20MilBABE lor. Hahahah!!!

pureglutton: Point taken, thanks!

jason: Yalor..you know la..i semi retired so at times, i forget to bring. Ooo..i did quote the source! Hahaha!

550ml jar of faith: Haha..full of oink oink goodness!!

Jessica: Yalor...traffic at taipan is nightmare!!

Cokeworld Citizen said...

lol wat a post. So much pork in a meal :P

Laws of Attraction eh? Maybe the chain effect belum sampai, RM20 million might need some time probably. Hehe. Who knows maybe your long lost uncle appear out of no where and pass you a RM20 million check? Wahahaha

BaBy OcTopUs said...

OMG~! Pork belly, knuckles, sausages~!!! All my favourite food. But must cut down on my in take. Sigh~! Can only do this kind of heavy dining once a fortnight or something. hehe!

sc said...

oh, i didnt know that the DU branch is closed :(. their prok belly's yummy..

Precious Pea said...

cokeworld citizen: Long lost uncle? OK...i shall start my law of attraction on this. HAHAHA!!!

Baby Octopus: Sure or not??? ;)

sc: It was closed quite a while back. Yesyes..pork belly really good. I wonder what marinade they used.

thule a.k.a leo said...

the soup was fabulous... I could still remember the taste of the bacon bits in my mouth as I gulped down the soup.. lol!!

You should have ordered their German Pork Knuckles... crispy!! Comes with gravy separately... just in case! I went there twice after my first visit but it was closed for no apparent reason... sigh...

Precious Pea said...

thule: I will definitely be back for the German Pork Knuckles! Slurps!!! I suspect the DU outlet is not doing well although they said it was due to parking prob. Cos i never encounter any parking prob.

CUMI & CIKI said...

i wonder why the DU once closed.. times are bad i suppose!

BaBy OcTopUs said...

This a must visit place for me most definitely. :) Like I mentioned previously, I eat where I work and hence work where I eat. kekeke!

I can sense an appointment at Taipan tomorrow. :P

thule a.k.a leo said...

Have you tried Eurodeli @ Damansara Kim??? or Bellygood at Sunway Mentari??
These two are worth mentioning for their pork dishes... been to both places and they are just as good! Try pork rib at Bellygood...

Precious Pea said...

cumi & ciki: The owner said it was closed due to parking problem. I think more to no business problem.

baby octopus: How how...ended up in USJ today??

thule: I heard about Eurodeli but never been yet although I did try their sausages bought from supermarket. Ahh..also saw review on bellygood, so mouthwatering!!

thenomadGourmand said...

wow.. really porky-licious stuffs, for good prices too!

Bryan said...

hi all.. I went to meaty house usj today with my wife for the 1st time. Very disappointed.. They are under renovation.. Called them but no answer.. Anyone here know where else i can have their food?? Any outlet? Gps point? Thanks

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online