Sunday, February 15, 2009

THE DAY WHEN WE ARRIVED IN HONG KONG..

Weather was perfect in Hong Kong at this time of the year; end-winter early-spring! Cool and breezy at maximum of 21 degree Celcius. Most of the time cloudy too. And for those flower-craze people like me, it was a sight to behold cos flowers blossoming everywhere on the street! Flowers on huge pots, flowers on planter boxes and flowers hanging on lamp posts wherever you go. The most unexpected flower that I saw were tulips surrounded by sweet baby roses along a main street at Tsim Tsa Tsui area.
1

Busy bees! I wonder if this flower belongs to the crysanthemum family. So beautiful and bright pink in colour.
4

I like this the most, sweet light purple.
6

Hubby liked this one and insisted that I take a shot of it too. Bloody red with white tip!
10

This photo was taken at Macau. So tempting, hand soooo itchy!!! Nah, I didn't pluck it off.
14

Narcissus or Water Fairy (Shui Sin - direct Cantonese translation)...I bought the narcissus bulbs before Chinese New Year and I am still waiting for it to flower. Felt so cheated since the seller said it will be just in time for CNY. Anyway...a photo here to show how my bulbs were 'supposed' to turn out to be.
5

Almost end of Chinese New Year when we went but this is the first lion dance I saw for this festive season. Is lion dance a rare sight in KL nowadays?
2

Another lion dance at Ocean Park...funny, it keeps reminding me of my precious Pumpkin (my Pekingnese brat). It might be the popping big eyes!!!
12

See?? Everyone is in spring mood. Even the owner of this BMW. But then, would you name your BMW 'MUSHROOM'?????
3

Am not sure if we were under-dressed or the locals 'OVERLY-dressed'. We were only wearing jeans with tee and crocs but the locals were heavily covered by thick jacket, scarfs, vests and BOOTS!! We were so 'out of place'! At times, we even felt warm and sweaty after a long walk. However, we both were really captivated with the amount of boots we saw during this trip. Regardless young or old, slim or plump, most of the ladies are wearing boots. I guess it is the 'IN' thing in HK now. I have to admit, it does look stylish and elegant, but won't it be hot and sweaty as well??? Hubby suggested that I should do a collage of it, so here it is, the result of my hardwork being a stalker and pervert while taking these photos (anyone wanna hire me as private investigator??)
Boots

Most of the shoe shops are offering 50% discount on boots now since winter is ending soon. Hubby asked if I want to get a pair for myself. Wearing that in KL would be ahem...Natural Foot Spa? I don't mind a new pair of Crocs though... *Hubby, wink wink*
Output

Next post will be on 'The Best Beef Brisket Hubby Ever Tasted in Hong Kong" and humourous photos of him that he begged me not to post in my blog. Till then...

28 comments:

Simon Seow said...

I need a pair of new Crocs too.

Ah King said...

Oh the tulips, we didn't capture any when we were there mid Jan, so beautiful!!! And the BMW, it reminds me a pic we snapped, A Benz with the number plate "No Money"*lol*...

kampungboycitygal said...

guess that's where the name "hong kong feet/hong kong geok" came from!! lol sweaty and stuffy environment is a breeding ground for germs!

thenomadGourmand said...

Luv the collage! still,the thought of u scurrying ard snappin pics of ppl's legs make me lol!

KY said...

awesome shots on the shoes! :D

Live2Talk said...

The HK girls are all crazy bout boots ... perhaps it's the influence of celebrity. But it's cool if you wear them at the appropriate season. You should get one soon *wink wink*

ai wei said...

those shoes are pretty but definately not for weather like this in msia.

hmmm?! i tot HK is very cold now cz i was told that shen zhen is super cold...

wmw said...

Haha...he begged you and yet you'll still gonna post???

SASSY MOM said...

I love how you captured those flowers and the boots???? Yeah, when I was there last year, I noticed the same thing.

Selba said...

Beautiful flowers.. and great job for snapping the boots pic :)

Woohoo.... I'm wondering what kind of pictures you are going to post next, hehehe...

Precious Pea said...

Simon: Come, let's go choose together. I wonder if buying two pairs entitle to any discount..hmm...

Ah King: Tulips only blossom in spring i guess. Hahaha...No Money, now that's much cooler than 'Mushroom'. I told Hub when we get our car in Melb next time, mine would be 'Pea', his would be 'Pumpkin'.

kampungboycitygal: That was what Hubby said too!!! Pheww!

thenomadgourmand: It was tough especially when most of them walking so fast. Took so many, the collage was just 1/3 of the photos i took.

Ky: Hahaha..thanks!

live2talk: I scare I cannot walk with boots. Hubby said I should get one since it's winter when I arrive in Melb. Aiyah..trotter leg wear boots not nice lerrr!!!

ai wei: Not cold at all. 21 degree is like walking into an air conditioned room. Plus with all the heavy walking...*sweat*

wmw: Hehe...aiyah..he always begged me not to put up his photos and I still do, yet he very happily giving me suggestion on funny caption to put. Ok mah..he so famous, walk on the street also got people recognise him as Precious Pea's Hubby!

sassy mom: They are so fashionable don't they? I guess am more obsessed with the boots than they are. Hehehe.

selba: LOL! I think I did a great job too! LOL!! Come back in a day or two...cos am going to feature some ancient history on Yang Warriors (you can google to check them out).

mimid3vils said...

Actually quite a number of youngsters here wear boots, really can't understand o.O''

Nic (KHKL) said...

woah, u went during one of the best seasons in hk! the temperature is just great, right?

the owner of that bmw must have a "gu" in his/her name la...that's why it's called mushroom, i think..hehehe

Precious Pea said...

mimid3vils: Here too?? Haven't seen any but am not surprised. I saw some people wearing wool sweater on LRT before...and even thick scarf! I felt so hot for them.

Nic: Maybe Surname "Tung", first name 'Gu'? Yes, best time to visit HK is from Feb - April when weather is at its best!

marites said...

i love boots! goes the same when we went to Shanghai last Dec 2008. I love the flower pics!

Pinkelle said...

Hi, I'm planning a trip to HK soon and am so loving your posts :D Can I please ask where you stayed? Am looking for cheaper places to stay in HK or TST.

Thanks!

CUMI & CIKI said...

such pretty flowers.. oh, and I have a weakness for BOOTS too! haha.. but must take out and polish otherwise fungus will grow!

thule a.k.a leo said...

back a few years ago when there was no direct flight to HK by Air Asia, Jenn & I had to take ferry fr Macau... and then walked all the way from the ferry terminal to Tsim Tsa Tsui area with 2 very big luggage bags...
It was sometime in March.. and those boots were on sales... Jenn ended up buying one pair in which she never wear until today... lol! Talking about impulse..
Don't you know that surveys conclude that Hongkies are more fashion conscious and don't really mind on the comfortability??

Jun said...

love the boots, baby, love the boots... ;)

ling239 said...

Tulips?!
at the road side!!!
i want ~ ^O^

daphne said...

that's alot of different sort of shoes!

and look at those pretty flowers..ahh....

Awaiting to see the beef brisket!

foodbin said...

those boots reminds me of Nancy Sinatra's song "These boots are made for walking:

Jackson said...

wow...this is really a different HK review

wincent said...

The Arts and Entertainment Singapore has to offer to tourists is quite aplenty. Don't understand why others always put singapore down. Interesting post nonetheless. Keep them coming...

ganache-ganache said...

Just curious, did you snap all the pics of those ladies in boots in a day ??

cookies_cream said...

OMFGCSBLMK!!!

Missy Precious Pea you actually took soo banyak boots photos?? No one notice you took photos of their legs ka?

Really "pui fuk" you~! *applauses* =P

Precious Pea said...

cookies_cream: Haha..i pretended checking my camera but actually taking photos of the boots, without flash of course!

ganache-ganache: Yep, I took all those pic. Hub dare not do it cos he afraid people will say he is a psycho.

wincent: Thanks. Do drop by more often yah.

jackson: Hahaha..i scare people jelak of my food post, so once in a while must put something not food related.

foodbin: Hmm..never heard of this song before. I will go and download this.

daphne: Spring is always the best time to travel. Nice weather and lots of flowers blossoming everywhere.

ling239: Yes wor..at the roadside..so unexpected to see them. If only we have 4 seasons in M'sia, I will make sure my garden will be full of it.

Jun: So how many pairs you have??

thule: I guess being fashionable is more important? Well, one thing for sure, I find people there no matter how plain looking they are, the way they dressed up really impressed me.

cumi & ciki: Really? Wow...imagine if one day you find a mushroom inside..hehe. Phew!

pinkelle: We stayed at Largos Hotel in Jordan. Very convenient. Highly recommended.

marites: Harlow! Thanks for dropping by.

jason said...

Fuyoh, you really took a lot of pictures on boots! LOL!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online