Wednesday, March 04, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR HUBBY!!

It is Hubby's big day today. As usual, I was cracking my head for the past few days thinking of where to go for dinner and what birthday present to give him. Dinner is not that difficult since I could rely on my food blogger friends anytime. As for birthday present, I just don't know what to get for him anymore. Blame my lack of creativity, all I ever bought my hubby were wallet, wallet and more wallet.

Dinner was at Yuzu Japanese Restaurant located at The Garden. I have only been to Yuzu once for the Fugu meal (yes, I survived!) and today I decided to go for the ala carte items. Whenever I am paying for a meal, Hubby tends to go for the cheaper items in the menu. Tonight, I told him to sit back while I took charge with the ordering.

Hubby been craving for Yakitori of late. He said he missed the Yakitori he had during his Tokyo trip. I know the Negima or skewered chicken with leek (RM15 for 3 skewers) could never beat those that he had in Tokyo, but don't worry Hubby, I assure you that I will do my best to book the cheapest ticket to Tokyo to satisfy your cravings soon. Hehehe.
1

The Kinoko Touban (RM16) in the menu said it is actually a dish of grilled mushroom serves in hot plate. I expected it to be dry but it turned out to be soupy. Not complaining cos it was absolutely delicious! Sweet and full of mushroom flavour, the soup was sprinkled with thinly sliced yuzu skin, making it citrusy and refreshing.
2

Another dish that I thought stir-fry came in a boiling hotpot filled with butter soup. The Asara Butter Mushi (RM13) was buttery rich. I prefer the mushroom version for its light and refreshing flavour.
3

Foie Gras Enoki Beef Maki tasted as divine as it sounds. Although I couldn't taste much of the foie gras (goose liver) wrapped together with enoki mushroom and slice beef, we enjoyed this dish a lot. Priced at RM22 for 4 pieces, but if you wish to have more foie gras in it, you can opt for the 100gram portion at RM100++.
4

Last year, I brought Hubby to Ninja Jones (Yuzu's sister restaurant) for his birthday but was disappointed that they didn't have any Kobe at that time. Finally Hubby tried his first ever Kobe Beef experience today. Priced at RM88 for about 80 gram, the Kobe beef was barbequed with only salt and pepper. Do not be deceived with the photo below as it was ZOooooomed in real close. The portion is smaller than my palm size with only 8 tiny beef slices. Very juicy and tender. Hubby loved it a lot.
5

Finally, a Yuzu Gozen (RM48) consisting of assorted sashimis, sushis, tempuras, stone grilled beef cubes, salad, chawan mushi, pickles, tea pot soup and fruits. I wonder how could one finish the whole set. Value for money but personally, it was nothing impressive.
6

The birthday boy with big thumbs up. He was very satisfied with the meal, till he saw the bill. As for the birthday present, I bought him a pair of nice leather shoe and again, he tried to pick the cheapest shoe in the rack until I told him off. Finally got him something decent from Scholl. Sorry, no picture of it as Hubby refused to model it for me as he knew it is meant for my blog.
8

In return, Hubby bought me another pair of
Crocs as the one he got me more than a year ago is getting worn out. I still find the Disney collection the coolest and finally managed to convince Hubby to take the same. They are currently having a promotion, 20% off for the 2nd pair. Now, don't you find our Crocs cool??7

Happy Birthday Hubby and I hope you enjoyed yourself today. MUACKS!!!

31 comments:

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Happy Birthday, Mr Pea! I'm glad you finally managed to get kobe beef! The last pic is too cute!!

*Anton* said...

Many wonderlicious returns of the day, Mr Precious!

Hubby said...

Thanks to my beloved wife for making this day, one of the most memorable one.. The dinner was just superb! And yes, the Crocs are cool too!! Muacks muacks!

Furkids in Hong Kong said...

Happy Birthday Woof Woof,
Happy Birthday Meow Meow,
Happy Birthday Woof Meow Woof.........
Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Sara said...

The food looks delicious, happy birthday to your hubby!

New Kid on the Blog said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!!!
THe food just look tempting to me!! :D

Nic (KHKL) said...

Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday! With a fantastic meal liddat (got foie gras maki summore!), i'm sure your hubby is one happy man.

oh, i din know that ninja jones and yuzu are related! good info!

Tummythoz said...

What a b'day feast! Lucky hubby. And wifey with new crocs.

CUMI & CIKI said...

so sweet.. ur hubby looks soooooo happy and contented and who wouldn't be ;)

J2Kfm said...

hahahah .... and my fren has a pair with optional ornaments. flower brooches n such.

but i still find Crocs ... ugly. =P

the meal looks good though.

UnkaLeong said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

550ml jar of faith said...

Wow, birthday season for the family huh?? Matching Crocs? AWWWWW!!! Do you guys actually go out in public wearing them at the same time?

Live2Talk said...

you should wear a bunny costume and give him as present! that will really look yummy ;P

Bangsar-bAbE said...

So sweet of you...foie gras maki looks good! Happy b'day to your hubby! =D

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

so sweeeeett.....

i want kobe beef too!!

Selba said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Yay... the disney's crocs are definitely so cute :D

KY said...

ahh i had the kobe there a bit over a month ago, very delightful!

kampungboycitygal said...

haha glad that ur hubby is pleased with the food..happy bday to him

ilene said...

Wah, Mr PreciousPea, you are soooooooo.....lucky!

To PreciousPea, you got the right gift as can be seen from his smile (and tummy)!

babe_kl said...

happy belated burpday Mr Pea LOL

thule a.k.a leo said...

a lucky husband indeed :) a thoughtful wife yet sometimes clueless... lol!!! the fact that there's not much stuff for men compared to women really cracked your head huh??? Same la... I always tell Jenn not to think too much if she couldn't find anything for me. Just a decent dinner (just the two of us) will do...

thenomadGourmand said...

so sweet la! somemore he's so considerate of ur budget! yea..Crocs r ugly ;) but comfort 1st no?

Precious Pea said...

Dear All,

On behalf of Hubby, thank you for all the birthday wishes! :)

Lianne said...

your lou kung soooo sweet, worry about you spending so much on him, although you want too. although its his bday, you got a gift from him in returnnnnn ... this shows how much he lap you :-)

terri@adailyobsession said...

happy birthday! u know what, ur hub is like mine, very practical man :D smart choice of a man, ivy but like u, smtimes have to bulldoze n make them open up a little more :D

Big Boys Oven said...

hahaha your hubby looks so enjoyed on his birthday treat! :)

Cynthia said...

Happy birthday Mr. P!

mimid3vils said...

I agreed with u, thinking a b'day present for hubby is a tough task :(

Life for Beginners said...

Mrs. Pea is such a thoughtful wife to Mr. Pea lah... and the matching Crocs are too cute for words! :D

ling239 said...

got matching croc some more leh ~ ^_^

CRIZ LAI said...

Oopsss... I did miss his birthday. Happy belated BD to your hubby on my behalf please. Thanks to the irritating bug in my iPhone food blog. Finally, i had settled it!! Hooray!!

The food in your post looked great... Make sure you bring me there har?? :P

http://crizfood.com/

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online