Thursday, March 26, 2009

OFF TO SOMEWHERE OUT THERE..

YIPPEE! I am flying off very early tomorrow morning and I get very excited each time I am off for holiday...who wouldn't be anyway? For sure, I would not be able to sleep soundly tonight as I always have this fear of oversleeping when I have something important to do the next day. However the destination of this trip is not exactly a place I wanna be, or shall I say, it would never be in my list if Hubby didn't persuade me to go with him.

So where am I going? Humen
! Where? A small town somewhere in Dongguan. Where? Around Guangzhou....just in case if you still asking where.......CHINA.

I don't know which hotel I am staying, I don't know how we are going to Humen from Shenzhen airport, I don't know what to expect cos not much information from the internet but all I do know is......a local guy will be bringing us around and am drooling after being told the list of food that is awaiting me.

So drop by next week to see if this is 'the place to go' or 'the place to forget'. Have a nice weekend!

18 comments:

*Anton* said...

That's great. I love China esp. the outback regions. Please do go off the beaten track and explore some of the really local cuisine ...... and camwhore for us ya! :)

Safe return! ^_^
+Ant+

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Sounds so mysterious. :-) Have a wonderful trip, Precious Sista....looking forward to hearing of your adventures!

SimpleGirl said...

cool, trip again. Enjoy your trip and waiting for your sharing of nice food there soon in your blog!!

emily.t said...

Oh, I was about to ask you about Wing Lai Yuen in Macau. hehehe...
Well, ignore me! Sleep early tonight and enjoy your trip! Can't wait to hear more! =)

AK said...

Holiday in China ! Sounds exciting, take cool snapshots ya! :-)

~Christine~Leng said...

enjoy your trip! :)
going on so many holidays! so nice... :)

Awaiting your updates on Humen ^^

ai wei said...

trip again?!?!?!

enjoy ur trip ya!
cant wait to read ur updates!

thenomadGourmand said...

u might want to bring chillis dear.. some of the outskirts plcs i went last time.. the food was quite bland. and OILY.

KY said...

my housemate stayed there for a couple years, told me the "xiang chai" (aromatic vegetable) is a must try!

have a nice trip. ;)

~~wilson~~ said...

Have a nice trip :) awaiting ur updates ...

terri@adailyobsession said...

u'll have lots of yummy food i know bc china is so diverse n d food in the smaller places r very good despite. am eagerly waiting 4 ur posts!

thule a.k.a leo said...

Well... at least you are going somewhere!!!

Life for Beginners said...

Have a fantastic trip, dear! Sounds like you'll be having a blast! :D

Cynthia said...

Have a great time!

dual monitors said...

have a good one!

Anonymous said...

have a good trip and come back with wonderful stories of food ok.

http://chaokar.blogspot.com

burpandslurp said...

have fun! try lots of interesting food...I heard china has really weird street food like deep=fried starfish and deep-fried scorpion...and of course the infamous dog stew...

sc said...

fernandos, the place that i missed when i was in macau :(. food looks good, yums!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online