Tuesday, May 12, 2009

THE EATING MACHINES FROM DOWN UNDER

I didn't have the chance to blog for the past 11 days as I was so busy at home. My sister, bro-in-law and beloved nephew from Melbourne came back for a one-week visit. This time round, bro-in-law brought his eating buddy, Benny and his gf along too. Am so thankful to Wong, my Makan Gang member who spared a few days bringing them around to eat; from Kuala Selangor to Bukit Tinggi Pahang, from Cheras to Tanjung Tualang in Perak. I will post some of the places we visited soon.

We had so much food for the past one week, a minimum of 5 meals a day. Initially, my nephew quite enjoyed it too but after a while, he posed this question to me:
Nephew: Yiyi, why is my daddy always eating and eating and eating????
Me: That is because your daddy loves to eat.
Nephew: I think he is an Eating Machine!!!!


From one eatery to another, again my nephew asked me once we entered the car:
Nephew: Yiyi, where are we going?
Me: To another restaurant to eat...
Nephew: Are you just kidding me???


Featuring the Eating Machines.......
Eating Machines

I have never had so much fish in such a short timespan before in my life. After I calculated all the fish dishes we had throughout their one week stay, we actually had 9 portions of HUGE steamed fish heads and 12 whole steamed fishes. 21 servings of fish in a week!!!!! I was told that fresh water fish is not available in Melbourne, hence bro-in-law took every opportunity to stuff himself with as much as he could. And with the foreign exchange rate, it's dirt cheap to him too.
Fishfishfish

I think I have reached my quota for fish for the next one year. The sight of a fish head at the night market two days ago almost made me throw up. I have been eating very clear stuff for the past couple of days, from white porridge to even vegetarian meals. Give me a day or two, I will be back blogging about food soon. In the meantime...BURPP...excuse me, I need a packet of ENO!!

26 comments:

J2Kfm said...

hahaha .... funny that kid begging to be stopped from all that stuffing. =P

its ok, go with clear food and liquid food loh ... then back on track for more blogging ya? :)

boo_licious said...

LOL. Definitely eating machines, look at all that fish. They all look like different types also? Never mind, we will do crabs next time we meet up.

~~wilson~~ said...

lol ... tats a lot of FISH !!!!

Selba said...

Hahaha... your nephew so cute leh..

Whoaaaa... so many fish dishes??? What kind of fish were they all?

Emile Zola@life said...

muah, that are too many of fishes....
But you are good in catch of their funny eating faces..

UnkaLeong said...

Hahaha..cute lar your nephew..Looks like he loves his noodles! ;)

Precious Pea said...

j2kfm: Hahaha..he declared himself as lil' eating machine! Yes, I think I will be back to my normal self soon.

boo: If only they go crabs crazy instead of fish! But we did had quite a fair share of crabs too. So when are we meeting up???

wilson: Amazing isn't it??? Overdosed with Omega 3 now.

Selba: Ermm...grass carp, ikan baung, tilapia, seabass, and a few others that I am not sure what it is called in English...they are steamed either in soya sauce, soy bean chili paste or ginger sauce....aiyoo..talk about it also i feel like throwing up now.

Emile: Hahaha...I enjoyed looking at them eat.

unkaleong: Before he came back, he specifically asked for 'mien mien in black sauce' aka wantan kon lou mee.

Live2Talk said...

if daddy is an eating machine, then hoe hoe is a mini eating machine? gosh that's one too many fishy meal friend!

CUMI & CIKI said...

ROFL! aahahahaha:P tt's like the coolest funniest collage iv seen man:P too cute! ur nephew should enter a talent contest!

550ml jar of faith said...

Haha, hilarious stuff! The kid is so cute, I can just imagine the disbelief of finding out he's being taken to yet anothe restaurant!! But so much fish... how fishy was your breath for days after???

ilene said...

No wonder my blog smelling a bit 'fishy' these few days! whahahaha.....

But good thing you had your makan gang to share out the eating machine! hahahaha....

Ah King and Moon said...

Sure hv missed reading your post, this post is really entertaining, gave me a big smile in face. Don't keep us waiting too long for the next. ;-P

jason said...

Gawd... That fish collage of yours suddenly made me "jelak" of fish too! :S

mimid3vils said...

Eating machine, haha..cute little boy~~ Did he call his dad like that :P

xin said...

21 servings of fish. lol. its prob my 2 month's quota. haha. btw, the boy is cute!

kampungboycitygal said...

lucky you to have such crazy relatives! my sisters are real small eater..

thule a.k.a leo said...

normally those who come back from oversea will crave for local food... especially when they have been deprived for so long :)
Fish is a good source of protein and Omega-3... lol!!!!

Bangsar-bAbE said...

Your nephew is so cute!! I love that noodle shot! =P

21 servings of fish?? o_0 *pengsan*

Precious Pea said...

live2talk: He called himself 'A lil Eating Machine".

cumi & ciki: Thanks...it was fun doing the collage too.

550ml faith of jar: He lost track of whether which meal was breakfast, lunch or dinner.

ilene: Hahaha....I should have put up a notice while I was gone.. "GONE FISHING"! LOL!

Ah King & Moon: Don't worry...more yummy yummy posts coming soon.

jason: Hahaha..am sure it will make WMW faint too!

mimid3vils: Yes, he calls his dad Eating Machine now.

xin: Haha...that would be a year for me.

citygal: I got a solution for you...make sure your sisters marry eating machines!!

thule: What would happen on those who are overdosed with Omega 3???

Bangsar-Babe: He loves noodle. He said he wanna be a chef when he grows up and only selling mien mien.

sc said...

yum yum.. i love fish. can have that everyday (but cooked in different style la :p). funny that your nephew got scared of eatin so much every day but still you managed to catch him eating so much too! hehe

tigerfish said...

Wah, a lot of fish headS leh!

thenomadGourmand said...

me guessin a lot of dai chow posts comin up?? *makan notebook n pen ready*
yeyey!!!

what abt pork?? they no like pork?

Precious Pea said...

sc: Everyday ah...well...if average 3 fish dishes a day for a week, don't think u will say the same anymore leh. Hehe.

tigerfish: Haha..yes....scary hor?

nomadgourmand: Yes, quite a number but some i have blogged before so won't repeat here anymore. But certainly some new recommendations coming.

terri@adailyobsession said...

ur little nephew is little no more..he has grown a lot since the last visit. better hang on to him bc he looks like he's going into tt preteen stage where they don't like hugs n 'uncool' stuff like tt:(

Cokeworld Citizen said...

Wah sey...so many fishy XD When relatives come, we tend to eat a lot hor? And I mean 'A LOT' wahahaha

After my aunt balik, I only had 1 light meal perday for about a week! LOL

irvincheah said...

Hi Preciouspea, i've been reading your blog quite some time and you're full of eating experience. Im from SARA forum members and would like to ask u a simple question. How to made a simple Italian Spagethi and Tomato Soup.

Thanks

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online