Thursday, May 21, 2009

GORGEOUS CUPCAKES by Pretty Frosting

First of all, a big thank you to those who left a comment and all the well wishes in my previous post. I didn't know that after announcing my migration plan, I will be missed. I am really touched, really. And also not forgetting Stephen from Melbourne, Terri from Bonn and Anonymous from Sydney for their words of encouragement. I am already looking forward to my new life in Melbourne and one thing I could assure you is that Precious Pea will never stop from blogging. Yay!

Now now, back to my favourite topic: FOOD!!

Before bidding goodbye to my colleagues, I thought of treating them to something sweet. Thanks to Boolicious (it just can't go wrong consulting her), I went to check out Pretty Frosting's website and was in awe with their beautiful creation. My buddy in office suggested to have the cupcakes personalised and am glad I did. Three flavours to choose from; butter, orange and chocolate and is priced from RM3 per piece depending on the design.

When we opened the box in the office, there was quite a commotion when everyone took out their camera and started snapping away. I went round distributing the cupcakes and took each and everyone of my colleague holding their own share. Jokingly I told them that the photos are for rememberance sake, so that in 20 years time, I could still remember their name.
1

This was mine. Honestly speaking, I don't really fancy decorated cupcakes although I do enjoy looking at them. Usually I will remove the frosting before eating the cake. But for this pretty personalised cupcake, how could I scrap off my own name?
2

I was surprised when I took my first bite..it was not as sweet as I thought it would be. The cake was chocolatey rich and moist. Really good. All my colleagues came back with positive feedback on the cake, I guess such simple gesture did manage to make it a memorable one.
3

Do check out Pretty Frosting's website or their blog for their beautiful creation. They do offer wedding cakes and cookies too. Their cupcakes are available for sale at Amcorp Mall (in front of Starbucks) every Fridays to Sundays from 11 a.m. till sold out. Otherwise, give them a call to place your order. Contact numbers are available in their blog.

15 comments:

Live2Talk said...

thanks for giving me a piece also and this is really good stuff! can you email my cat face to me?

mimid3vils said...

I prefer butter cupcake~~ :)

ai wei said...

the cuppies are elegant and pretty. thanks for the great recommendation. will order if there is any occasion need cuppies

J2Kfm said...

for RM3, it's very cheap, considering they're personalized some more.

wow, everyone shedded tears? :)
i'm sure we'll see many, many more food posts from Aust in the future.

Amelia said...

oh yes... their cakes are fabulous! the best is that my office is at amcorp mall - i can get my fix every friday if i want to. :P

Kavi said...

hei fren, thanks for the cake...it was lovely and so so sweet of you for getting us the cake...

Selba said...

Those cupcakes are so beautiful and also special coz' of personalized to each person's name. Lovely :)

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

That's a very thoughtful gift. I can imagine the excitement on all their faces. :-)

Julian Si said...

A simple and sweet gesture :-) WELL DONE!

CUMI & CIKI said...

pretty indeed!

kk said...

Hi PP,
It's been a while since I last posted my comment. Just learned that you are migrating to Melbourne. Here wishing you all the best and may the good Lord be with you.

Just wanna say that you've made the right choice! This country is rotting so fast that you just wish you were born somewhere else!

Timothy Low said...

Oooooo ..... cupcakes. My favs !!!!! I got to get my hands on 'em ....

thenomadGourmand said...

hey pea, so sweet of u, ur colleague obviously loves u too..frm all their comments frm ur last post ;)
And i must say there cupcakes r gorgeous! RM3 is a steal!

Uncle Lee said...

Hello Precious Pea, here's wishing you all the very best in your coming move towards a new life in Australia.
I have a friend and family right now packing their things and will be here by July...they just received their PR to live in Canada.

They will be followed by my niece end of year with her family too.
You keep well....and have fun, best regards, Lee.

Jason said...

Thanks for sharing that, it'll sure comes in handy when I need to order some :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online