Monday, July 27, 2009

MY FIRST TRIP TO HOBART, TASMANIA

Yay! Finally am back to the blogging world. Sorted out all my photos yesterday, phew, not an easy task but am glad that it's finally done. Gonna post about my Tasmania trip first before I start talking about all the good food I had in Melbourne for the past one week.

Being my first trip to Tasmania, I was pretty excited as I always wanted to visit this beautiful place, in particular the Cadbury's factory and of course, the Tasmanian Devil. Within hours after we arrived from Kuala Lumpur, we were back to the airport again to catch our flight to Launceston.
1

We had quite an unpleasant encounter with our initial car rental company and we spent almost 2 hours at the airport to sort things out. Finally, we got our Tarago from Avis.2

From Launceston, we drove to Hobart where we rented our holiday house. The journey took more than 2 hours but the scenic view along the way was spectacular.
3

The clear blue sky, the sparkling blue sea, baa-baa white woolly sheeps, moo-moo cows, wineries .....ahhh....such a relaxing sight.
5

I love this shot so much. So 'poster' feel! My model was very very cooperative that day...haha!
7

We drove pass a number of historical towns with very old Victorian sandstone buildings. This photo below was taken at a town called Ross on a mid-Sunday afternoon. Funny, where is everyone? Actually, I find it spooky and I don't think I want to spend a night here.
6

Doesn't it look like a scene from a horror movie?8

We had lunch at Richmond, another heritage town which is about 30 mins drive from Hobart city. Hubby was very satisfied with his order.
9

My cottage pie was good too with lots of bacon bits on top of the mashed potatoes.
10

Sis and Christy shared the scones...heard it was pretty good.
11

I can't recall what this is called, spinach pie I think. The rice with spinach fillings were wrapped with filo pastry and then baked. I didn't like it but my sis and nephew loved it.
12

Wine tasting at wineries, a must when you visit Tasmania. Lots of wineries around and bro in law took the opportunity to stock up his collection. Free delivery too if you live within Australia. By the way, his order should be arriving soon.
13

I love this boutique winery the best. It's called Puddle Duck Winery.
15

Bottoms up!!!!
16

Why I like this winery?? Well...because of him. Meet Bazil Brown, he is famous you know.
17

He was featured in a book on Wine Dogs - working and relaxing dog in the winery.
19

But I like her more....Bazil's wife I assume. Much gentler and friendlier. She was checking me all over, must be the smell of Pea and Pumpkin.
20

There you go, just a short summary of my Tasmania trip and more to come. Calling out to all oyster lovers, check out my next post cos I am gonna make you drool!

19 comments:

jason said...

Yeah wor... those houses looked sorta creepy.

And the dog's beautiful! What breed is that?

J2Kfm said...

oysters?!!! i'm sold! haha ...
glad to see you adapting well lah. and meeting other dogs. hehe ...

thule a.k.a leo said...

Must be tired of flying to Tasmania.. but then the scenery of Tasmania had the better of you right?? hahha...
can't wait for the pic of Tasmanian Devil :)

wmw said...

Aiyah, that Ross town is scary! Oh, Bazil and wifey look like Corgi breed.

daphne said...

That's beautiful..and I love your pies with tbe bacon bits-great idea!

Tummythoz said...

Somehow Tasmania always sounds mysterious & exotic to me. Looking fwd to following posts!

Lianne said...

this is what i don´t like about winter when weather is gloomy .. everything look kinda creepy.

Sonia said...

This is a nice place, I hope I can be there in one day.

Selba said...

Whoaaaa.... Tasmania is really a nice place!

Awwww.. Bazil brown is definitely very cute :)

ling239 said...

poor boy looks so stressed up...
he had grown very much taller right ? ^_^

vialentino said...

nice delicious pie there...yum yum

SimpleGirl said...

heard a lot about this hidden gem in Aussie, collegue which has been there before said it's really a beautiful place....can't wait to see you blogging abt this place more in your next posts

Kavi said...

Beautiful place... i love the sceneries...

New Kid on the Blog said...

good to see you again... pls share more, post more, blog more... :)

CUMI & CIKI said...

you r right. great poster shots pea!

that pie looks crazy. i can only pretend i know how delicious it tastes:P

PureGlutton said...

Love all the scenery pics - very postcard-like!

Precious Pea said...

Jason: Corgi..cute hor?

J2KFM: Yeah..life is good here. Would be perfect if all the Ps are here with me though. But everynite i see them via webcam so not as bad now.

thule: Tasmanian Devils will be coming up, right after my oyster post!

wmw: Sure sleepless if i spend a night there.

daphne: Just can't go wrong with bacon, isn't it??

tummythoz: Yes, it's a beautiful place, very relaxing and quiet.

lianne: I love winter though. Especially when it rains. Hahaha..am such a gloomy person hor?

sonia: Suggest to your hubby to have a family trip there.

Selba: I like the other Corgi more. Much gentler and friendlier.

ling239: He woke up in the middle of the night when we arrived so I guess he didn't have enuff sleep. Yes, so much taller and the way he talks, unbelievable!

vialentino: Hahaha..ya ya...no time for me to miss food back home ...YET!

simplegirl: More coming up!!

kavi: Come..we can go together!

nkotb: Thanks..i sure will :)

cumi and ciki: You can always satisfy your pie cravings by getting FBB to bake for you. I still love his chicken pie the most. Unbeatable...yumyum!

sc said...

oz is still so gorgeous..love that blue blue sky! food looks great, and i like the cheeky look the dog gave you in the last pic :)

Julian Si said...

Awwwwwwwww ... Winedog! :-)

ps - All the best settling down, please take care :-)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online