Monday, July 06, 2009

A Wonderful Day @ The Pet World Malaysia 2009

Anyone went to the Pet World Malaysia 2009: The 2nd Malaysian International Pets and Aquatics Exhibition held last weekend? I sure did, on the first day itself too. Together with WMW, we spent more than 7 hours at Mid Valley, of course that includes a long lunch session at a Korean restaurant. We were there at 10.00 a.m. on Friday, 3 July 2009, maybe a bit too early as some exhibitors were still busy stacking their products on the shelves. But we were just in time for the Dogs Grooming Competition.
1

The Poodle must be thinking "My hair!!! My hair!!!". If I knew earlier, I would have volunteered my two boys to these contestents.
2

I like her creation the best! A Mohawk Schnauzer!!
3

This poodle attracted a lot of attention too. Just look at the right and left side of her body. So cool isn't it? It was done by a student of a grooming school.
4

A really huge black poodle...look at her puffy pom pom head and the pom poms on her back and leg. So elegant looking. Very difficult getting a nice shot of her as she is so black, most of my pictures turned out one black patch! Very friendly owner too as she asked me to pose with her dog and volunteered to help me snap a few photos.
5

Many people brought their pets too and I had a great time taking pictures of the dogs but trust me, it is a challenge to get a good shot as they couldn't seem to stand still. Here are some of the more presentable photos:

A miniature Schnauzer...used to be my dream dog and always thought of owning one. In fact, before I got Pea, I was torn between choosing Pea, a Shih Tzu against a Schnauzer puppy. Am glad I chose Pea and he is the most wonderful dog ever.
6

A Pekingnese!! A very obedient girl, unlike my bratty Pumpkin who couldn't even sit still for 5 seconds.
7

Is this a toy dog or a real dog?? Very sweet looking fella.
8

Meet Whitey...a Maltese from Subang Jaya (there is a MPSJ dog licence on its collar). I was complimenting how pretty she was until the lady owner politely corrected me it should be how handsome he is. Opps!!!
9

Whitey is pampered to the max with lots of beautiful doggie clothes his mummy bought for him. His mummy couldn't decide to transform Whitey into a ladybird or a bumblebee...so WMW and I kept persuading her to buy the Bumblebee...
10

and I think Whitey agreed too! She ended up buying more than 3 pieces @ RM40 each!!
11

I have friends and relatives used to comment how dog-crazy I am but they should see this.
12

Another sweetie!!! For my next dog, I wanna get a poodle. (HUB!! Are you reading this?)
13

Went to the NutriEdge booth to grab some doggie biscuits for my boys since they were giving 20% discount. Bumped into the owner of NutriEdge Malaysia with his Siberian Husky. See the husky at the background poster?? Yes, it's the same dog.
14

Such a beautiful dog. He has got very soft fur. After taking a picture with him, I gave him a gentle hug and I can imagine how comfortable it would be to have him on the bed on a cold winter night. (HUB, I also want this as my next next dog, can?)
15

SPCA and a few other doggie shelter homes where there to offer puppies for free adoption. Sadly I can't bring anymore home.
16

There were even puppies for sale. This fella is worth RM1,000.
17

Moving on from dogs, there were lots of beautiful cats too. Although am not a cat person, I love cats with long thick fur, just like this kitty below. If I ever keep a cat as pet, I wanna have a kitty like this.
18

Or this one is fine with me too...BUT...
19

keep me away from the Tiger!!!!
20

or the leopard!!
21

Wanna see some magic act??
22

Hahaha...this bird certainly in need of a good bath!!!
23

Hello?? Say something...Hello?? Harlooww??? Helllllllooooooooo!!!!?????? This bird must be thinking why a mad woman kept 'helloing' to him.
24

New movie screening soon.......THE ATTACK OF THE YABBIE!!!
25

From the fun cuddly pets, we move on to display pets. Strictly for viewing pleasure and not to be cuddled. Phyton anyone??
26

A few youngsters from the Malaysian Tarantula Society were manning the booth and happily enlighten us on the characteristic of these creepy crawlies. They were trying to convince us that tarantula could be a good pet. Of course, I was not convinced and am sure the first thing Hubby will do is to grab the nearest can of Ridsect!!
27

This tarantula is all black in colour but when taken with flash on, you can see that the leg is in blue.
28

Freebies!!! Got some for myself too. Past issues of Petster. Read a couple of issues before and quite informative.
29

Freebies for my boys!!
30

Bought the NutriEdge doggie biscuit for my boys..and guess what I got from the lucky draw? A toy dog!! I was thinking of getting another bag of biscuit so that I can get two toys. Otherwise, they will be fighting over it. But in the end, I didn't. Because it wouldn't make a difference as Pumpkin will end up having both, as usual.
31

The fighting began the moment I brought the toy dog home..
32

Watch this video to see how fierce Pumpkin is and the warning sound he made at Pea.
video

As expected, Pumpkin always get what he wanted. BRAT!!!
33

31 comments:

Julian Si said...

Awww what a wonderful day out :-) Glad u had fun!

ps - Have u seen this blog of my friends' 2 dear poochies? http://juliansi.blogspot.com/2009/04/siberian-huskies-in-singapore.html

J2Kfm said...

you really had fun there !!! and not even a single pic of your Korean meal. =P

siberian husky indeed very huggable lah ... but exp right?

Emile Zola@life said...

I definitely miss this, should bring my kids go to here, wait for next time lah. You really have fun there..

LittleLamb said...

i m laughing at the picture whereby the dog inside the baby stroller... yes now i know how gila they are..haahhah

Raynebow said...

Oh so many cuties there! The doggies are so cute - all huggable and wanna bring home, lol!

ai wei said...

poor pea. looks kinda cham ar...

those doggies are lovely. so does the poodle too. so cute. kekeke, i am imagining pea and pumpkin both in the poodle now. haha

Aan Andes said...

I'm ur silent reader and can't help it to comment this:

Haha pumpkin is soo cute!

BaBy OcTopUs said...

The one that you saw are different on the second day. But it's nice to share and now I know what you saw on the first day.

You gotta love those toy poodles. They are so cute. But where is the White Miniature Sch?? No pic?

Yes, tons of freebies and magazines to take. Well worth my RM5. :)

Asian Traveler said...

Thanks for sharing. Kept me entertained. :)

Meanwhile, I have a new article about the ATMOSTFEAR. Visit my page if you have time. Thanks. :)

Asian Traveler said...

Thanks for sharing. Kept me entertained. :)

Meanwhile, I have a new article about the ATMOSTFEAR. Visit my page if you have time. Thanks. :)

Selba said...

Oh my dog!!! Those dogs are so cuteeeeee!!! Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures of dogs, cat and bird... not into spider and snake, hehehehe....

Live2Talk said...

I wish to be a pampered pet (cat or dog) in my next life (if there is one). The winning look on KinKin's face tongue sticking out some more :D

Nastasshea@Nesh said...

Aaaw if I knew it earlier you're coming for my event would have meet up with you first... really hope you enjoyed the exhibition!! It's been a tiring day for me but it's FINALLY OVER!!

Cookies_Cream said...

So cute lor!!!

You sure you want a husky? My cousin had one and she can't stop complaining to me how dumb her husky is...

Moolah said...

The poor toy doggie! Luckily it didn't get torn into two.

Pumpkin sure is 'ganas'! :O

CUMI & CIKI said...

how cute! wanna take one home:P

ling239 said...

the poodle with colorful footprint printed... the white part is the skin is it ? o.O
botak ?!!

terri@adailyobsession said...

i've changed my ming, i don't want the old-man schnauzer, i want brown tt toy dog--what is he? he has the sweetest face n the best body too :D

oh they did a terrible job 'grooming' those dogs. the poodle looks ridiculous, i think PETA ppl shd stop ppl frm humiliating those poor dogs!

foodbin said...

those doggies are pampered so extravagantly.

Rasa Malaysia said...

I feel sad for the poodles. :(

Anonymous said...

Through your blog, I gained plenty of chances of reading alot of good blogs from your links. Thank you.

This is my first time commenting over here, and I wish you all the best.

God bless :)

thule a.k.a leo said...

Ah!! Dogs.. my fav kind of pet! But then I can't have dogs for 2 reasons:

1) my wife is allergy to them (including cats)
2) nowadays having dogs is becoming an expensive affair, when we tend to give the best to them.. vaccination, deworming, grooming, food, etc...

But then I just love dogs!! My little sis has an Australian Silky Terrior and she's just adorable... just like yours :)

Simon Seow said...

Pumpkin so chan kai.

RyoKenzaki said...

Oh man, im one of the youngster from the tarantula booth
Sad to see that we cant convince u XD
But as long as u understand them we are happy

Tummythoz said...

Enjoyed this post immensely! Actually I do pity the poodles. Hmm you think they like being so stylo-mylo?

Sue Me said...

The Pekingnese is called Coco. Hehehe..I miss Coco already...she used to belong to this pet shop but now is with a new owner who adores her soooooooo much :)

Somewhere in Singapore said...

wow, so many cute dogs...

wmw said...

Have a fun time with you that day. Hope we'll have such a day out again soon (be it in Australia or back here when you are visiting!).

nyonya pendek melaka said...

wah, so many nice dogs. the black poodle a bit not my taste tho'. i love dogs & huskies NEVER fail to melt my heart away. they are gorgeous!

patricia said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Patricia

http://largepet.info

Jimmie and Kingeling said...

great photos :) cute dogs and other pets! :D

// Jimmie, Sweden

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online