Friday, September 11, 2009

TIAMO 2 @ Lygon St, Carlton

When it comes to Italian cuisine, Lygon St is the place to be! Lygon St which is located in Carlton is synonymous with Italian restaurants and cafes offering both indoor and alfresco dining. There are just too many Italian eateries here to choose from, thanks to all the early migration of Italian migrants to Carlton.

Just a day before my Hubby and Dad flew back to Malaysia, bro-in-law suggested to have Italian food for dinner at my nephew's favourite restaurant, Tiamo 2!

1

Upon seated, I was given two menus; one from Tiamo and the other Tiamo 2. My sister told me that Tiamo 2 serves better quality food at slightly higher price but we could still order from both menus.
2

My nephew's buddy who followed us to dinner requested for Margherita pizza with an extra egg on top. Simple and delicious BUT I am a meatasaurus, I want meat!!!!!
3

And so we ordered another pizza to share. Capricciosa with leg ham, olives and mushrooms on thin crust base. Thumbs up! It was a cold rainy night and I yearned for something rich, cheesy and filling....and a glance at the menu, my eyes were fixed on Carbonara with my all-time favourite Penne. Definitely a good choice made that night as I totally enjoyed it very much. Serving too big though. For moderate eater, this serving is enough to feed two pax.
5

My bro-in-law had the Spaghetti Bolognaise...should be good too cos I didn't hear him complain.
6

Spaghetti Marinara from Tiamo's menu....came with generous portion of mussels, calamaris and prawns. Hubby and Dad had these and they loved it.
7

My sis had the maccheroni pasta served with mini meatballs, eggplant, napoli sauce & basil from Tiamo 2 menu. She finished off the whole plate on her own, so shall I say more?
8

This is my nephew's favourite pasta dish from Tiamo 2.....Spaghetti with Clams and Mussels. Now this is really really really good!! The gravy was bursting with flavour. Suddenly, Hubby's spaghetti marinara from Tiamo tasted bland. We ended up scooping gravy from his plate to eat with the complimentary bread. Now I understand why Tiamo 2 is different from Tiamo. Please note...this is a highly recommended dish if you love clams and mussels.
9

I was taking a picture of the dish when my nephew started posing for me. Isn't he adorable??
10

He loves mussels and this is what he did after he finished off with the pasta:
Slurpsss...drink the remaining gravy from the shells...
11

Suck it.....
12

Next, lick it clean!
13

Finally, end it with a bottle of white wine. Nah, just kidding. It was just a bottle of water.
14

Tiamo 2 is located at:
305 Lygon St
Carlton 3053, Victoria
Opens Monday to Saturday; 9.30 a.m. - 10.30 p.m.
Tel: 03 - 9347 0911

17 comments:

Live2Talk said...

that's the way to enjoy good food (hoe hoe way) :D

Precious Pea said...

You know hor, this boy is a potential foodie. He got his favourite restaurant for Pho, favourite restaurant for pasta, favourite restaurant for kangkung!! And from time to time, he actually ask to dine out at his favourite restaurant!! And occasionally, he insist of helping me out in the kitchen like cracking egg. Favourite DS game?? COOKING MAMA!!!

KY said...

I went there on my previous melbourne trip too! :D

J2Kfm said...

wow, your nephew has really grown!
i bet he'll be brandishing his own bottle of wine soon enough. :)

thanks for updating my link.

ai wei said...

haha, ur nephew is so cute! had the wine?! hmmm, never allow him to hav it too young o :P

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

looks awesome..nice to c melbourne reviews already!

Sonia said...

Your nephew is adorable and cute, impress so young he already know how to enjoy good food.

Selba said...

Your nephew looks so adorable :)

Precious Pea said...

KY: Have you posted on it?? I dun recall reading it.

J2KFM: He loves his food, you will be amaze to watch him eat. It's a matter of time when he have his first glass of wine.

ai wei: He can start by eating food cooked with wine!

NJoe: Have great fun in Krabi!

Sonia: Good thing is that he eats anything and everything!

Selba: Hehehe..thanks! He got cheeky face but he is really a sweet fella.

Julian Si said...

Marina looks superb!

ps - Love the shot of your nephew with the shell, and the hic ... hic ... WINE!

Brenda said...

hi!

oh yes! the maccheroni della zia and spag don giovanni were excellent!

thanks for the review and will order from ti amo's menu next time :)

happy eating! :)

Precious Pea said...

Hi Brenda! Have you tried their squid ink risotto?? My bro-in-law highly recommended that dish but it was sold out the night we went.

CUMI & CIKI said...

omg so cute! i loev mussels too.. i wonder if they will let me swig from the bottle at the end.. haha

daphne said...

ooo.. I think my brother in law brought us to this restaurant too. The pizzas are awesome and good price too.

UnkaLeong said...

nurture that love of food lor. Chefs make good money! Hahahah..,why does Italian food always look and taste better overseas?

Precious Pea said...

Cumi & Ciki: Hahaha...come and try?

daphne: I must revisit to try more of their dishes.

Ve-Jinn said...

hello, this is my first time visiting your blog...

was looking for restaurants is malaysia and ended up in your blog. am in melbourne as well.
just dropping some places that i love here~

lygon street????
must eat gelato!!!
at fredo<-- not sure of the spelling... i think they are the best!!!

chocolate???
maxx brenner(melbourne centre or qv square) or the newly opened lindts(somewhere along colins st between elisabeth and swanston)~ absolutely delicious~
i prefer maxx tho~

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online