Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I CAN BAKE TOO!!! Raspberry & White Choc Muffins!

For those who have been following my blog or know me in person should know that I can't bake. Not that I didn't try, but somehow the end result always ended up in the rubbish bin. A classic example was my big-time failure Meat Floss Swissroll that is inedible at all! But today, I am so excited because I finally baked something that is not only edible, but very tasty as well.

And here, presenting my gorgeous-looking Raspberry & White Choc Muffins!! 1

Err.....I have a confession to make. The credit to my success actually goes to this premix that I got from Coles supermarket. Yes yes yes...stop rolling eyes there. I know I cheated!!! Well, for big-time failure like me, I need something like this to boost up my confidence (excuse excuse). Anyway, I was strolling down the aisle today when I saw this Coles housebrand muffin mix on sale. The instructions were pretty easy to me, so I bought it and decided to bake it today to surprise my sis when she get home from work.
2

The box came with a packet of cake mix and a packet of raspberry sauce. It only requires butter, an egg and some milk. SO EASY! I don't even need to dig out the weighing scale and no heavy washing too!
4

The whole process took me less than 5 minutes!
5

I found out that I don't even know how to swirl!!! Look at the mess I made.
6

I am very happy with the end result. The gorgeous muffins turned out really moist and soft. Surprisingly, not as sweet as I thought it would be. Now I am so looking forward to see what other flavours they have as well. Hmmm...maybe I should get a few boxes to bring home next year so that I could bake some for Chinese New Year!! Anyway, got to go make myself a nice cup of English tea to go with my muffins now...ciao!!
7

26 comments:

thule a.k.a leo said...

second celebrity baker in the making???

Kavi said...

Congrats! on ur muffins....looks really gud...slurps!!! Good idea, bring back some for CNY, so that we can taste too....

Precious Pea said...

thule: Celebrity baker?? Aiyooo..am wayyyyy too far to be called a baker. LOL! But am very happy with pre-mix, don't think I will ever want to bake from scratch.

Kavi: For sure you will get to try it! ;)

CUMI & CIKI said...

fwar.. so easy one ar.. i also wanna try!

sc said...

very nice pea! makes me miss oz though.. looking at coles and pura milk.. :(. pura is so freaking expensive in Msia..

SimpleGirl said...

good try!!!

babe_kl said...

look very good leh *thumbs up* btw angmoh countries usually hv very good pre-mixes so dun feel guilty in using them ;-)

looking forward for more baked goodies, sista

ai wei said...

it looks yummy!

is the box of powder expensive? can help to buy? hehehe. i love those premix-ed powder. handy and simple. :)

Precious Pea said...

Cumi & Ciki: Pre-mixes very very easy...add in milk, butter and egg, stir stir can oledi. But in Malaysia, those pre-mix very pricey and dunno how long they put on the shelves oledi.

sc: Hehe..time for a visit back to Australia!! Btw...Malaysia got Pura??

simplegirl: Thank you! Certainly boost up my confidence..hehe.

babe_kl: Am thinking of trying the hedgehog slice next. Thanks for the valuable info ;)...hehe...it didn't turn out gigantic.

ai wei: I got it at discounted price...it's about RM 12 and can make 12 pieces. U want?

J2Kfm said...

cannot considered as cheating lah .... :)
least something came out of the whole process.
ego booster huh?

vialentino said...

i want to have a bite ...yummy ler...

sorry for my MIA....back here to visit

Live2Talk said...

Good work babe! It's a good start and i'm sure more yummy bake stuff will be on the way! clap clap clap clap

Sonia said...

Hahaha, so long you enjoying the baking process and satisfy with the result, who cares it was pre-mix or mix by own right?..Look just lovely and yummy..I want to bake some soon, of course I mix by myself lar, hehehe..

fbb said...

its not about the start. its about the finish. you didnt get a fever i hope this time.... they look gorgeous!

fbb said...

oh, and the msian premixes are not bad la. our local brands oso boleh pakai one....

daphne said...

oooo..That looks great! And it's coles brand too! Woah! Love the swirls!

wmw said...

Looks great! Congrats :o)

Precious Pea said...

j2kfm: Hehehe..true also. It still requires a bit of skill in terms of mixing it and making sure that the oven temperature is rite hor?? :)

vialentino: Welcome back!!

live2talk: Thank you thank you..so when are you going to start cooking again?

sonia: Well, I always believe in starting from scratch for real satisfaction. But i guess, with baking I have to stay with pre-mix for the time being.

fbb: The thing i love about Melbourne is the cool weather..no fever this time. But then again, I didn't wait right in front of the oven this time cos I didn't put much hope on it. Surprise surprise, it turned out so well.

daphne: Do try...it smells really good the moment you start mixing it. It reminds me of the Wall's Raspberry Ripple ice cream I used to love when I was a kiddo.

wmw: Thank you :) :)!!!

Nic (KHKL) said...

i think i'm also born without the baking genes la. savouries still ok but cakes...hmmmm, makan sendiri type only la...haha. when are you making siu yoke with the fresh pork from Australia???? cant wait! haha.

Selba said...

Hehehe... well although it's premix, still it shows that actually you can bake ;)

~Christine~Leng said...

very impressive gal :) when r u coming back btw? remember to bake us some k? hehe ^^

(( Ms. K )) said...

Raspberry and white chocolate, a nice combo, mmmm yum!

Kusahi_Keat said...

congrats. U so getting better in this. so when r u going 2 make ice-cream?

Superman said...

the end result is not bad. Hehe. Looks delicious especially the last photo. Practice make perfect.

rokh said...

yes you can bake too! :)

noobcook said...

wah pass already~ A+ :) They look delicious, well done gal

I know someone who is worse than u in baking --- ME! hehe

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online