Wednesday, September 22, 2010

HAPPY MID-AUTUMN FESTIVAL!

Happy Mid-Spring...oppsss...I mean Mid-Autumn Festival!! I really missed those good old times when my family used to gather under the moon to savour yummy snacks such as boiled little yams, pomelo, boiled fresh peanuts and of course, mooncakes! It is still pretty chilly during Spring night here, so all I did tonight was to lit a lantern, snap a picture and ran back inside to my well-heated room.
1

With my dad around, we had quite a lot of mooncake this year...7 boxes to be exact! All the mooncakes we had were imported from Hong Kong. Pricey but definitely worth it, especially those from Wing Wah, my all-time favourite brand. I love their smooth and silky lotus paste which I suspected has got lots of lard in it. Their Mixed Nut mooncake is pretty good as well.
2

A gift from our supplier: Mei Xin (or Maxim) Mooncake from Hong Kong. Spotted this at the Chinese grocery priced at A$50 (approximately RM145) a box of 4 white lotus paste with two egg yolks. Don't quite like it as the lotus paste is too soft and oily for my liking.
3

I think I shall grab more mooncakes tomorrow as they will be really cheap after the Mid-Autumn Festival. For now, I shall cherish the last two remaining mooncakes! Once again, Happy Mid-Autumn Festival and happy mooncake feasting!

11 comments:

scott taylor said...

My my they look yummy.. I think I am hungry now..

Hey guys check out the funniest motivational video ever!

RO said...

OMG i want i want....ask paul to bring back some or else im NOT going to talk to him, EVER!!!!

Pureglutton said...

Hope u had a great Mid Autumn Festival over there! Shd be nice to celebrate it in chilly weather :)

thule a.k.a leo said...

so far I have only tried Tong Kee's mooncake :) which is enough considering I'm not really a huge fan of mooncake...

Vee - A Melbourne Munchkin. said...

Yes, mid-autumn festival in Australia isn't quite the same as back in Malaysia. Mooncakes taste different too haha :(

ai wei said...

happy mid autumn festival :)

elaine said...

I terbalik with u o, i prefer Mei Xin more than Wing Wah :P

Wing Wah egg yolk is too dry & will "sui" when cut the mooncake

Mei Xin is oily, but near to the taste of the mooncake selling in Malaysia, tat's y i like it :P

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

shud go out n sapu some cheap mooncakes!

Life for Beginners said...

Glad you got your fair share of mooncakes over in Melbourne... and all the way from HK at that! :)

gfad said...

I managed to bring in 2 boxes of mooncake for my friend. The customs didn't even bother to check my bag although we told them we had mooncakes inside! :)

Julian Si said...

Happpppy mooncake festival :-)

Cheers from Abu Dhabi!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online