Wednesday, September 01, 2010

I Have A Date in Spring...

Spring is finally here. I have been looking forward to Spring since April because I have a very special date in September. In another 2 weeks, I will get to see my Hubby who will be coming over for a short holiday. I am really excited, so much so I suddenly have the urge to blog! By the way, I feel so guilty of abandoning my blog for so long. My last post was dated back in early June and I almost couldn't remember the password to my blogger account! And I also realized Flickr has introduced new features that I was almost at lost on where to get my HTML code. ...gosh...am so outdated!!
1

Another reason to be excited this Spring is because this is the first time I succeeded in planting flowers. I bought some Hyacinth bulbs in April and left it at the verandah without much care during the winter months. Surprise surprise, all four bulbs are blooming! It has got wonderful scent too. I am so tempted to place them at my restaurant's counter...hmm...should I??
2

It has been my daily routine for the past one week to check on my tulips. They should be blooming any day soon. I couldn't even remember what colour I have bought. I shall take a picture and update in my blog once they bloom.
4

Another flower patch in my garden. So lovely isn't it? I can't remember what they are called but they are just so beautiful.

3

Hubby's blueberry plant entrusted to my care and I am proud to say, IT'S STILL ALIVE!! In fact, it is flowering now and from the look of it, there should be lots of blueberries this summer. "Hubby, are you proud of me???"
5

First day of Spring falls on Wednesday (my off day) this year, an added bonus for me. Oppss..time to get ready for my Dim Sum brunch with my dad who is here holidaying for 2 months, followed by some retail therapy and especially looking forward to my Peking Duck dinner. I will update soon....it's gonna be a food-related post I promise!

15 comments:

Live2Talk said...

Personally, I think spring is the best time of the year for a country with 4-seasons :) Well done friend!

boo_licious said...

Glad to see you updated the blog and such lovely flowers. I'm always partial towards spring as the flowers always look so pretty. Can't wait to see what colour is the tulip.

Life for Beginners said...

Ooh such pretty spring flowers! I keep forgetting countries in the Southern Hemisphere have the seasons the other way round... but then again we don't even have the four seasons here in Malaysia! :P

Can't wait for your Peking Duck post! :)

babe_kl said...

You really have green thumbs! Can't wait to see your tulips bloom

PureGlutton said...

Hey P.Pea - nice to see you blogging again! Such gorgeous flowers - your thumbs are super-green lah!

carol said...

i missed melbourne so much..especially spring weather :-( your flowers looks beautiful and lovely..

UnkaLeong said...

Wah you got really green fingers lar you. Lovely coloured flowers!

Precious Pea said...

Live2talk: I agree...Spring is the best season of the year, but then again, after Spring will be Summer! Bummer!

Boo: I got a feeling it's gonna be pink!

Kenny: No Peking Duck tonite. Instead we went to check out a Malaysian restaurant called Petaling St.

Babe: Eagerly awaiting here..been checking on them few times today.

Pure Glutton: It's nice to be back to the blogging world too. So busy with the restaurant until I have thought of giving up this blog. But a bit 'ng seh dak' lerr.

Carol: Thank you. It has been raining the whole day today but i just love it.

unka: Hehehe..thank you thank you. Either those bulbs are easy to grow or am lucky only. I didn't even bother to water or feed them with fertilizer. But really happy to see them grow so well.

Anonymous said...

finally u r back ! Hope your gourmet hut is doing great !

SimpleGirl said...

lovely flowers...how I wish to plant them in Malaysia..haha...waiting for more updates from U

Hubby said...

Nice touch, wife. Proud of you, esp for taking care my blueberries.. Hahaha... Should we get more bulbs for the next planting season?

jason said...

Welcome back! Beautiful flowers you have there... can't wait for the next post!

wmw said...

You'll always have a date for all four seasons :o)

CUMI & CIKI said...

tres tres jolie :)

tigerfish said...

so missing you in action!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online