Wednesday, December 01, 2010

The BEST BEST Blueberries...

I have just tasted the best blueberries in the world. Although it was a bit too sour, it was definitely the yummiest I ever had. Why?
2

Because the blueberries are homegrown and picked straight from MY garden! Hubby bought me the blueberry tree early March this year and since then, I have been waiting eagerly for this moment. Lots of blueberries will be ready for picking for the next couple of weeks...YAY!
1

Since I am putting up a blog post, I might as well update Hubby on his two babies. Bought these when he was here 3 months ago, a dwarf nectarine tree and a dwarf peach tree.
3

Hubby, I am proud to let you know, your babies are growing very very well. *Grin*
4

The trees are pretty small at the moment but they are already producing a number of fruits. This white flesh peach should be ready in a month or two.
5

Eagerly awaiting for the white flesh nectarines too. I am thinking of freezing some of it and bring it back home for Hubby in February, am sure he will be very very happy.
6

Hmmm...since I have successfully produced veggies, mushrooms, flowers and now fruits,maybe I should embark on a new project next year.....NUTS!!!! What say you?

18 comments:

ai wei said...

cool! u have blueberry plants in ur garden!!! homegrown stuff is the best!

pam said...

What a Happy News in Dec :))

pls update more often....

Miss u....

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

so lovely blueberries, homegrown fruit is the best.

Hubby said...

Ahem... next project... cherries....

Precious Pea said...

ai wei and Sonia: Agree agree...guaranteed fresh and pesticide free.

Pam: I always tell myself to blog more often but I am too lazy lah. Will try my best..hehe. Hope to see u soon.

Hubby: Deal!!

Quay Po Cooks said...

Blueberries are so expensive here... your blueberries looks superb! how nice to have blueberries in your own garden.

Life for Beginners said...

I say AYE to nuts! (I know Devil would love that, hehe.)

boo_licious said...

well done, the blueberries look gorgeous and so's the peach ones! Wonderful green thumbs you both have!

Precious Pea said...

Quay Po: Blueberries aren't cheap here either but doc advised me to have more berries as they are really good for health.

Kenny: Hmm...am thinking of chestnuts, macadamia, hazelnut, almond..etc etc etc..too ambitious hor?

Boo: Really satisfying to get some produce at the end of the day. The sense of achievement is pricessless.

jason said...

Wah, can harvest your labour of love soon!

UnkaLeong said...

Wah...so nice being able to harvest fruits of your labour from your garden. I'm also started gardening :D I've got three basil plant's, two pineapples, one serai and one custard apple growing chor. Now waiting for Chili Padi anak from my mom. Hehehe..But hor, a lot of "aliens" in my neighbourhood :( ants, fruit flies etc...hopefully they all turn out ok!

daphne said...

i'm super jealous!! I have been buying blueberries from the shops and they are sooo good this season!

CUMI & CIKI said...

wow! I envy you! nothing grows in mah garden :o(

Tummy Rumble said...

nice pictures of the blueberries :D

Life for Beginners said...

All those nuts? Would drive Devil nuts... with excitement, haha. We love nuts in our home, yay.

Oh and lest we forget, may you and all your loved ones have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year filled with love and joy...

Hugs from Devil & Kenny :)

babe_kl said...

Wahhh amazing, wish I have a garden to plant things on.

Have a blessed Christmas and a wonderfully delicious new year ahead!

HK Epicurus said...

I love it when we're in Melbourne and can grow our own stuff in the garden!

We used to grow some Suet Lui Hoong (the veggies for pickles) because we couldn't find any in Melbourne! Or some other herbs or figs, which are a pain to keep as the birds eat them before I do!

I need to come back to visit Melb soon!! :D

ronnycakes said...

Hello! Nice food blog that you have here! We have a food blog too: http://gluttonssquare.blogspot.com, please consider exchanging links with us and adding us to your blogroll. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online