Wednesday, April 06, 2011

MY RIB EYE LUNCH

Hello everyone! It has more than 2 months since I last put up a post...my bad my bad. I have been so hooked up with the games in Facebook, I just don't have the mood to sit down and squeeze words out from my brain. Speaking of brain, for those who know that I am not feeling too well lately, don't worry as I feel much better now. I was down with needle-pricking type of headache for the past 2 weeks and it was due to inflammation on my neck and lower back. My physiotherapist said that the inflammation is caused by too long hours of standing and stress. Although I can still feel the headache once in a while, I feel way better now and successfully reduce my dosage of painkiller.

It's my day off today and since my neck is still a little bit stiff, I thought it would be better to chill at home. Feeling 'beefy', I decided pamper myself with a good piece of steak. Lucky lucky cos I found something new at Coles (well, at least it's new to me)..King Island Rib Eye Bone with Garlic Butter!! It claims to have won the Gold medal in the 2010 Royal Queensland Food & Wine Show.
1

A bowl of premix Caesar Salad to go with the steak, surprisingly really fresh and tasty.
3

I just couldn't resist the palm-sized Portobello Mushroom. I had it sliced and sauteed with the remaining oil and the garlic butter after I finished searing the steak.
4

The pan must be really hot before putting the meat in to sear and it should be flipped only once. I wanted to enjoy the natural sweetness of the beef so I decided to omit the garlic butter and sprinkled the meat with some salt instead. I used the garlic butter to saute the sliced portobello, trust me, it was a very wise decision!
5

Now here...presenting my lunch today......King Island Rib Eye Steak with Caesar Salad and Sauteed Portobello Mushroom with Garlic Butter! Not bad at all, tender and juicy, no wonder it claims to be Australia's Premium Natural Beef! *Hubby, are you drooling?*
7

I love my beef bloody......complete satisfaction!
8

Till my next post and I hope it wouldn't be too long from now....

12 comments:

Hubby said...

Now, I know what I will be having, come this June...hehehe

UnkaLeong said...

Hey hey...Bummer that we could not meet up when you were back. Your ribeye looks perfectly done!

SimpleGirl said...

wow, looks superb! n I LOVE the sticky written, " no added hormones" healthy stuff!!!

Precious Pea said...

Hubby: No way cos you deserve better than this....will stock up on Wagyu beef for you yeah?

Unka: My holiday is way too short to meet up everyone...aii...never mind, next trip ok? Otherwise, you come over for holiday la!

SimpleGirl: Haha, the disclaimer is due to some recent controversy over some chemical/hormone added to the meat to make it last longer.

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

wow, this is so yummy!

KY said...

wahh, sure looks like a winner to me, damn slurps!

babe_kl said...

The mushroom is so huge! You planted it?

Precious Pea said...

Sonia: If only I get a piece of your Green Tea chiffon as dessert, then it would be such a perfect meal!

KY: Hehehe...your Mui Choy Pork looks as good too!

Babe: That reminds me that I got a mushroom planter box somewhere in my garage hor??? Hehehe..nah, bought it from Coles..my mushroom project has been abandoned long long ago.

Anncoo said...

Mmm...I love your rib eye steak, looks so delicious and the mushroom too is one of my favorites!
Thank you for visiting my blog :)

Pureglutton said...

That steak of yours is making me so hungry now! The juices from it are like leaking fr my computer screen!

Life for Beginners said...

That looks so yummy! Now if I could only have steak for lunch every day! Hahaha...

jason said...

Envy lor... steak there is soo cheap compared to here :(

Good to hear about the improved condition of your spine :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online